Evisu is still loved!

benzak

^^ They're No.2 denim, right? Not had too much experience with No.2 beyond my jacket, but it could be down to that...

Badly damaged?

actually not really that badly damaged, just a tiny hole in teh lower leg and a tiny tear in the hem, but ill try to patch it up but still, i would prefer they still were unscathed

Evisu Paris, I think...They had some others in, too:

dsc03388srb.jpg

dsc03390d.jpg

Paulo brought his Yamane jeans along to get the one pocket painted...Kanji didn't come along until later on as he was flying in from NYC, from meeting Scott Morrison, so Hiroko stood up to the plate:

Outline first:

dsc03374.jpg

dsc03402.jpg

dsc03409b.jpg

She also did my 2004s...

dsc03366c.jpg

Sealing the paint:

dsc03375d.jpg

dsc03376d.jpg

The jeans now look brand new:

dsc03381y.jpg

And I took this when I got back, and thought it was worth sharing because of the way it came out...

dsc03427e.jpg

The manager of the Evisu concession, Jonathan, was proper passionate about the whole thing, more so than I'd have expected.

He was talking about how he can't understand why some people run down the daicock designs, for example, when they can't see the evo from the painted Levi's arc on the 1944 501, to the painted Evis gull, to the painted daicock to some of the designs that are available these days.

Say what you will about the current designs, but it was refreshing to hear someone speak from the heart about them...he's a proper trainerhead too, into all the old school Casuals stuff, from adidas to Fila and beyond...next time I'm down there, I'm following some of his leads and going hunting for trainers...

Sooo much denim, plus a clearly enthusiastic staff.......(sigh). Jealous I am.

He was talking about how he can't understand why some people run down the daicock designs, for example, when they can't see the evo from the painted Levi's arc on the 1944 501, to the painted Evis gull, to the painted daicock to some of the designs that are available these days.

I've always been a fan of the gulls and their aging process; clearly, they are what makes Evisu unique. I've also seen beautifully faded diacocks-even though it takes some mighty bullocks to pull off such a look with confidence. I fear, if they axe such designs, how the brands image will be affected. It'll be just another denim brand with good denim, which is I why I'm anxious to see how Morrison handles things.