Evisu is still loved!

benzak

yay i got my 8-quid pair of lot 2001 no. 2 today. Will post pics later.

Brummie, whats the best way to repaint the gulls and re-starch the jeans?

Get your arse to London this weekend, that's the best way to get the gulls repainted haha :)

As for starching, I used a can of spray starch and then ironed the jeans with a thin cotton towel between the iron and the denim...when it's time to wear the jeans, I'll be soaking them as usual before breaking them...

Nice...they look to be in the same condition as the Lot 2004s I picked up from the same seller...He was selling another pair too, they didn't go for much either, £18 I think, which means that all three pairs went for a total of £46!

Unusual to find Japanese Evisu on UK eBay as it is, let alone three pairs up for sale at the same time...and at least two of them are in pretty good condition!

Why not try contacting Hiroko at Savile Row to enquire about getting them painted there? PM me for her email address if you're interested...

And so a new era begins...

http://www.drapersonline.com/news/evisu-hires-chief-executive/5003024.article

Evisu begins its second act with a true denimhead and consummate businessman at its helm. Mark my words: Scott's passion and vision is going to breathe new life into the legendary brand that started it all.

That should be very interesting to see how the brand evolves with him. He did a remarkable job with PDC (way back) and Earnest Sewn.

I spoke with Matt @ Evisu about 2 weeks ago and I asked about up and coming products and he said that The whole Company was getting revamped because of their new CE. I asked him if he thought it was going to be an improvement and he said definitely!!!

I'm definitely looking forward to the minimal branding.

sweet. looking forward to this a lot. i actually quoted scott morrisson in my essay about repro denim and he seems to know his stuff. so really excited about this.. i hope evisu can go back to its roots and maybe we can have some more japan-made evisu in the u.s.??

we'll see about that..

Interesting to see Evisu stepping its game up, I knew Morrison didn't like the direction Earnest was going in. Something about it becoming too trendy or declining quality (can't remember).

I would like to see more vintage apparel come back to the Evisu line. And raw denim better remain a staple option. But regardless, I'd say Evisu's future is bright.

50 more dollars and i can get some evisus! i think im still in a toss up between this and the denime 66xx contest since both of them are like the OG companies of japan

is there any japanese store that can ship no.1 to the US? I want the tag too

im trying to get to a size 28, so maybe i should buy a 30...or maybe a 29!

It seems to be the case these days as well, at least judging by the jeans I've handled. Bear in mind though that the denim will differ from one production run to another, so you may well find that this isn't the case for ALL jeans...

Glad to hear that, frankly I was turned off on Evisus ever since they started going 'street' with heavily branded gimmicky jeans and the quality of non-made in Japan Evisus leave a lot to be desired. maybe it's time to get reacquainted =)

Why not just order a pair from BiG? It'd be about the same price, but with less hassle.

Glad to hear that, frankly I was turned off on Evisus ever since they started going 'street' with heavily branded gimmicky jeans and the quality of non-made in Japan Evisus leave a lot to be desired. maybe it's time to get reacquainted =)

The quality has improved considerably from its burgeoning years, I reckon; particularly since all the raw denim of current season (apparently) is all made in Japan (most by Kahira, but sewn in Macau. They've definitely toned down the "expressiveness" of their denim......And with Scott Morrison now at the reigns, it'll probably be toned down more.

Some of the stores on Rakuten deal with overseas customers, might be worth having a search on here as I'm sure there's a post or thread that lists them...

They recently stepped up their production methods of the Heritage stuff and it's not bad at all, quality-wise, these days. Comparable to many other Japan-made brands at least...

And thinking of getting reacquainted? Just do it :D

Some of the stores on Rakuten deal with overseas customers, might be worth having a search on here as I'm sure there's a post or thread that lists them...

Ahh, I just realized by "tag" he meant the red tab. He probably also wants hand-painted gulls......It'll take some work, but will probably be worth it.

i remember reading that evisu faded fairly slow, but my evisu are fading alot faster than my redmoons (those are some of the most stubborn jeans ive ever had). but then again i was so drunk this weekend that i decided to slide down some banister which did do some unexpected damage at the time.

^^ They're No.2 denim, right? Not had too much experience with No.2 beyond my jacket, but it could be down to that...

Badly damaged?

yea, i want the tabs. I would order from BiG, but no tabs. Im willing to take the risk just to get the extra feature.

anybody with experience ordering from overseas to get their evisus?

I got someone to collect mine when they were over there...the only other thing I ordered from Japan were my 2101s off an auction, and that was a saga in itself but definitely a one-off experience!

Shame about the top button eh...and shame you can't come to London tomorrow... :(

yeah i know big bummer! i have to send a wedding party tomorrow and the head chef is off so i will be stuck in the kitchen with the game on the radio :(

can i pick up evisus no.1 for 300 bucks? rofl.

ive been searching and i don't want to go through a proxy.

EDIT:

I FOUND A SELLER

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/egd20001wht/

is this it?? how come the gulls are so thinner?

hand painting is the answer ...... how much for them? 300usd? including shipping?

nah, i doubt it. it's probably 340 shipped USD.

the measurements are off tho from BiG...

which measurements should i go for? hard to decide between a size 30 and 29. how much do these stretch btw?

i might want to try to get a 29 and stretch it out

and also, what do you guys think, these or denime 66x

these arent hand painted?

damn...i want hand painted then