Evisu is still loved!

benzak

after careful review, i think this whole thing is a misunderstanding. you say 'stfu', and i didn't know you were joking, maybe cause i'm not used to people i don't know telling me to shut the fuck up...in my town that could get you slapped the shit-out-of at minumum. so we are even. plus i like the way you stood your ground(you even said bitch, the whole room i was sitting in had a good knee-slap at that), so kudos. a lot of sufu dudes are straight puss, so cheers for having balls. nice pics too,btw. evisu is loved!

I accept and raid your fridge as a gesture of my apology .

bac 2 bizness . as usual .

no one slapped their knee . u think there is no Evis God . he does exist . NOW BUY SOME EVISU YOU PAGAN

those damn bopper kids!

jankies scooby dew . jankies

2>1 .Soon will post up my own workin in a field and building a haybarn evisu wear pics .. very country yes indeedy

So I finally got my jeans back from Denim Doctors.

My first comment is to say that they did it in a very prompt turn around. Like six days exact. It's a good service for those who just wants a good chainstitch. They offer a discount for sufu members, like 10% I think.

However, If you are very particular about your jeans, then I might have to say go to Gordon if he can do the job as I request him to do.

When I first asked them to hem my jeans, I was made sure that the jeans will be hemmed to exactly the way it is. To my relief, I decided let them service my jeans since they said they would make it look like the same. Now, they did two pairs. One was my LVC 501 '47 which was nice and to me, I didn't really care as long as it was chainstitched. However, I think the color might have been off, but again, don't really care.

For my evisu on the other hand, I am very very anal about details and specifics. They came back not the same. But same as the Levis. The thread was only one color and in one leg, it wasn't even a straight chainstitch. It will go straight all around and then near the inner seams, it goes up and back down like a hill. One cant notice it, but for me, it bothers me. Not only that but they missed a great feature that not all jeans have, which is this -

evisu_2000_vedge_web.jpg

They don't have this nice looking stack chainstitch anymore. i am sadden by this.

I know I sounded like a pompous bitch, but really, these jeans were constructed nice in a way that I appreciate them to be.

So in conclusion, if you just want a normal chainstitch, go to denim doctors. Otherwise, look elsewhere. I am glad I got the jeans hemmed tho, both fits nicely now.

DAMN . now that's a chain stitch in the wind . yea I know not a real true locked chain stitch . shouldda had um double up like all the way around

anyone wanna dd the tag Yamane since evisu is corporated now and yamane needs to merk some of those janky fuccs for capitalizing on him

Some bad weather here so I thought Id take some denim photos inside. They turned out pretty dark as im not the best with a camera but oh well...

The No2's are probably getting the most wear but really thats just on weekends so no progress to mention.

eyecandy_no2_F.jpg

eyecandy_no2_B.jpg

Left and Right gulls, a few cracks appearing...

eyecandy_no2_L.jpg

eyecandy_no2_R.jpg

I tried to get some more light on the No1's as the black gulls are really hard to see.

eyecandy_no1_F.jpg

eyecandy_no1_B.jpg

Once the denim starts to fade a repaint of the black gulls would look really good but I think in Australia theres not much chance of that happening unless its DIY.

I like how subtle the black gulls are though, some of the other colours are very bright and out there but if you want something a little more low key they're perfect.

Yeah thats class, very nice Yin. Are they 2000 no1's?

I forgot the flash yesterday so I took a couple more today, pics a little easier to see.

No2's Lot 2000 W30

2_F.jpg

2_B.jpg

No1's Lot 2000 W31

I think sizing up 2 gives you a slimmer cut but size up 3 if you want a more regular/straight cut in the No1 denim. Id say my actual waist is 29. The No2's are probably 1 size too big.

1_F.jpg

1_B.jpg

I wanna pinch your gulls . hope this shit flies soon

yes - when they are off (sufuNoHomoEdition)

was hoping someone asked that as soon as I said it

I am now done in this thread until I have something to contribute . spring is in the air I have food to get - havent ate nothing today but freakin cereal and a sammich . just got home from work and Evisu is loved .

P.S. CTB knows where they goes to study as do I . no rest for the wicked

You finally got them Yin, eh? :)

If my camera wasn't fucked, I'd get some pics up of my 2101s...been wearing them on the bike recently and they're getting some decent wear...

Yea, i need them in my life, i been looking for a pair for a while, thanks for the help on sizing again.:)

Looking forward to see your evo pics again.:cool:

You're welcome mate, good to see someone else wearing Evis here :)

And they look good, too. My 2101's dark green gulls are almost worn off, and I'm thinking of asking Kanji a special favour and seeing if he can repaint the gulls but in white, like yours...

I want to get the gulls redone on the Lot 2111, will look to sort that out as soon as they've been fitted with an Evis tab... :)

You're welcome mate, good to see someone else wearing Evis here :)

And they look good, too. My 2101's dark green gulls are almost worn off, and I'm thinking of asking Kanji a special favour and seeing if he can repaint the gulls but in white, like yours...

I want to get the gulls redone on the Lot 2111, will look to sort that out as soon as they've been fitted with an Evis tab... :)

I like your dark green gulls a little better than white......:obut i can't pass them up cause you know they are hard to come by especially DS....

Is that Kanji guy live in U.K or he just come to U.K once in a while?:confused:

I like your dark green gulls a little better than white......:obut i can't pass them up cause you know they are hard to come by especially DS....

Is that Kanji guy live in U.K or he just come to U.K once in a while?:confused:

Yeah, deadstock Evis are rare enough...gotta jump on them when you get a chance.

And Kanji is based in London but spends a lot of time in NYC. He only paints at special events (normally in the UK); for normal painting, the jeans would need to be sent to Savile Row for painting by their staff member. I was going to ask him as a special favour :o

This thread needs some love and pics.

New Evisu 2000 No.1 from recent batch. Those are really something else. Never seen so thick threads on jeans with that denim weight. Now only time can tell if this is benefit. Construction is top notch.

First the pre-soak fit pics and then some detail pics.

Evisupresoakfitpicred.jpg

came with this nice tote bag

P1060684red.jpg

hand-painted arcuates/gulls. the color looks more eggshell in reality

P1060688red.jpg

the recent selvage color. grey/black with a gold thread in it

P1060689red.jpg

two tone stitching all over

P1060695red.jpg

built to last (hopefully ;-) )

P1060693red.jpg

measurements 35x35 (all in inches) pre-soak