Evisu is still loved!

benzak

so im back from osaka, which is a denim-philes paradise. sucks my first choice of jeans was not available, but i did get my close second choice (actually i did find another pair that wowed me but unfortunately it was after i purchased the evisu) they are soaking right now so it might be afew days till i get a full update. i got the lot 2005 joints. it is a completely different fit than im used to but they are still fucking awesome. i guess they refuse to chainstitch until after they have been shrunken so that was a little disappointed that they are a little long. got one black gull and a white one.

so im back from osaka, which is a denim-philes paradise. sucks my first choice of jeans was not available, but i did get my close second choice (actually i did find another pair that wowed me but unfortunately it was after i purchased the evisu) they are soaking right now so it might be afew days till i get a full update. i got the lot 2005 joints. it is a completely different fit than im used to but they are still fucking awesome. i guess they refuse to chainstitch until after they have been shrunken so that was a little disappointed that they are a little long. got one black gull and a white one.

I've been wanting to see the 2005 cut for a while, so looking forward to pics :D

Just out of interest, what was your first choice and what jeans did you see after you'd bought the 2005s?

I've been wanting to see the 2005 cut for a while, so looking forward to pics :D

Just out of interest, what was your first choice and what jeans did you see after you'd bought the 2005s?

ill try to get some pics soon, i took some yesterday before i did teh soak but they came out kinda shitty so ill try again later. i have to say that they really do have a fairly 'carrot' fit, fairly loose in the thigh and very tapered at teh bottom, but i think i will grow to love em once they get a little softer.

well, my intention for getting jeans this time was to get a wrangler repro. so my first choice was to get the studio d'artisan ones, i emailed them and they said that they had them in stock. it took me hours to find teh store and when i finally arrived they said that they were sold out (WTF!) i was pretty pissed there was abunch of shit i was planning on getting there that i just chose to leave behind cause i felt like they deceived me.

the second pair was the denime wrangler repro, it was just so much nicer that i would have expected so if i saw it first i would have dropped teh hammer on those instead, i think they were even nicer, although plainer, than the sda ones.

Wounded for ya mate, must have been a real pisser to get there and find out they didn't have the ones you wanted...

Hope the 2005s serve you well instead...

handsome indeed, Crash, that denim looks gorgeous mate.

Look forward to some close ups on the purple/grey tones.

You can definitely see the grey caste to the denim in the pics below; the purple hue mentioned earlier is a lot more apparent in the 2101s and the Lee 101Zs I've been wearing occasionally.

Lazy S:

dscf2511.jpg

dscf2509.jpg

dscf2521.jpg

And the 2101s:

dscf2513.jpg

dscf2518b.jpg

And the Lee Japan 101Zs (note the slight leg twist on the right leg, due to them being LHT):

dscf2523.jpg

All side-by-side:

dscf2500f.jpg

Nice work with the pics Crash, dramatic, with the slanted sunlight.

I like the gray hue on those Lazy S.

My old 2101s have that rich purplish colour but none of the structure in the fades that it looks like you're starting to get .

(that's cos I boil-washed them, like a mad fool!):rolleyes:

Nice one! The pics in sunlight give a pretty accurate depiction of the colour of the No.13 denim (D253, fact fans!) and I'm curious as to how they'll look when they've started to fade...

I'm hoping the waist doesn't stretch out too much, as although they're the same size (32) as my mizuhiki jeans they work well without sagging.

Haha I bid a fiver on those, I was going to use the red tab on my Yamane Deluxe if I won the jeans!

Good buy though, congrats! :D

The only thing I wish the Lazy S would have had is the Lee Back Pockets.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't do them in the shape of the pockets on their more recent issue of Lot 0331, seems like an obvious thing to have done:

0408084kt9.jpg

I gave him instructions to wear them HARD! :D

Good Wisdom Crash!

Out of my Brother and Friend who I introduced to Evisu and Japanese Denim. Only my Brother and I wear them HARD and my Friend pampers them. I remember one drunken night when we woke up the next morning my Friend was all upset that he passed out in his jeans. I was like stop crying.

Yeah, No.2 denim fades into some beautiful indigo-green hues...

Not long washed my 2001s and the patch is finally looking like it's on its way out, started pulling at its stitches and starting to look crispy...

The gulls are on their way out now too, seems that the fresh paint has unseated the original paint and now a lot has washed away.

but I think the main nod to them is in the form of an upside-down gull, so it's more of a 'W'...think it'll be regular Heritage denim.

Should use the Hidehiko Yamane "Y" instead of the guls. Though that said some upside guls ive seen look ok.

cimg3147hi9.jpg