australia :: general

TTT

w o w.

cant wait to hear/see more bt (espec LUC news)

any more updates for us from Paris?

lol my gf is currently over in paris and hasb een telling me shes been fawning over some of the womens lines while meeting models, famous bloggers and photographers etcetc...

i feel so boring in comparison :o:o

ended up using Hide-san for the proxy, won the gold A77 cords I have been after forever.

shipping should take 4-6 days :)

also copped the Tart Arnel glasses in Tortoise, with brown lenses, arrived today from the US (ordered last Thursday) Pretty sure I have found my perfect sunglasses :)

good to hear you picked up some good eversuns. hope the purchase is matched by your expectations when your A77s come.

these are the looks that have stood out for me so far for aw2010

Rick Owens (mainly the coats, from an artistic point of view)

owfab11.jpg

ow0ba71.jpg

Im all about white and softer tones at the moment. Im tempted to put this DRKSHDW eastpak on my cop list due to its colour, but i dont know what the quality is like. cheapest ive found it is 200USD

Julius. This leather jacket

JULI-_MW_AW10_0072.jpg

i prefer the bbs of old, more tassels and such. but the new stuff is hella nice.

glad to see that jacket has the 2 zip feature...always loved that, especially when you're paying top price for designer goods. The first time i saw shots of the BBS show the makeup reminded me of Marilyn Manson from the mechanical animals era.

Definitely agree on the makeup hahaha.

I did like the tassels, but I thought they would always look strange with the rest of my gear, so for selfish reasons I prefer the new line ;) I do hope he keeps the tassels on his bags though. The one up on darklands looks incredible.

Oh, and the shoes look nice too. Interested to see what he's done there. I wasn't very fond of he previous iterations.

what's happened to this thread, there was once many good discussions but it's all but dead these days. :confused: what were everyone's favourites from FW10.11? really enjoyed _7 (obviously) and ann, particularly this look even if it is a tad costumey. didn't really think much of DD, BBS or RO but then again I never really have...

anything standing out as must buys for you guys? thus far I want the following pieces from _7:

lamb leather rider in black

back zip slouchy short boots in black

drape front coat in black

silk mohair yarn knit sweater in black and graige

as well as some basics, slim waxed jeans and other slim cut pants. I liked a lot of the devoa pieces too, unfortunately they're cut a bit generously for myself though.

much left of interest for SS10? I think I'm done for this season unless there's something particularly dope in DBSS's second spring summer collection.

this thread is slllloooow atm as i think alot of people are transitioning into new jobs and locations and just lurking around the boards.

not alot caught my eye from fw10. im still stocking up on items from old seasons. the only items i want from ss10 are items from claude maus but they have sold out of all of the small sizes, which sucks. im tempted to put up a WTB but i doubt the items i want will be easily found.

As I mentioned before, BBS is still a stand out for me. I didn't like much of the RO show to be honest, but I'll reserve final judgment until it starts hitting stores. I also liked the Devoa and IS stuff; the pictures on Scoute look great.

I'm trying to curb my purchasing but something always seems to come up at the wrong (or is it right?) time. Ideally I would be saving up, but once my balance hits a certain level I compulsively buy something. My goal this year is to buy some serious CCP gear.

DD was the only one that really caught my attention. Not everyone's cup of tea but I loved it. Everything about it is just amazing. The fabrics, the colour palette, esp the styling with the head piece, glasses and the cane. So good. Will def cop some of them shorts.

_7 is a grower for me. Loving the slouchy slim boots and the cowl neck leather. Might make that my next leather purchase - if I can afford it.. :rolleyes:

Don't really get the appeal of BBS tbh. RO was alriiight, a lil too feminine perhaps.

Won't be copping anything any time soon as I'm saving up for my trip to Paris in Sept :D

My faves from 2010FW were Julius, Ann, BBS and Devoa. Was never much of a fan of DD and that hasn't changed. To me I couldn't see why some people are saying Lanvin was one of the best shows. RO wasn't as good as 2009FW.

I would actually like to see better pics of the new Jut neck because I prefer leathers to be more simple in design. I liked the shape of the new engineer boots but the shape of the heel was a put off for me.

I received my Julius 2009FW twisted waxed destroyed jeans and the thighs are kinda fitted on me so I can only get twisting from the knee down, maybe a little bit just above the knee. Thinking if I should sell them and try the 2010SS version or just wear them and see if they stretch out with wear. The waist could also be 2cm tighter, which I think the 2010SS version might be. I'm actually not sure if they would look better with more twisting or not. What do you guys think? Does anyone know the actual differences between the 2009FW and 2010SS versions?

Ann D when it's not all fucking feathers and next level keychains + Julius were definitely the standouts. Such a damn shame that due to the styling and lighting of the Julius show we're left wanting vibe nagano-style pics of the goods, don't think Christian has dropped by the showroom since then.

Excited about the drape and cowl neck leathers, I've seen the 07 version of the new rider and it isn't really my thing. I like a lot of the pants as well especially the prominently featured paneled leather (??) pair. Also shoes are a welcome change though it'll be a toss-up between Ann D in that department.

RO = meh. Glittering Python Fur Loincloth looks makes for some buzz at least. I'm sure people will still buy the leathers/shoes/basics.

DD = meh harder. I guess somewhere out in the world a few really rich Star Wars fans are rejoicing at not having to sew their own cosplay for San Diego Comic Con.

BBS = not quite sure if meh. imho the texture of the fabrics will make or break it for me. I sure want his pants though, along with his hay guyz is it my turn yet pose.

the cowl neck leather does look great mel, that and the drape neck leather are really quite different from the leathers that _7 have done in the past. the cowl neck leather would look particularly good worn buttoned at the top but unzipped through the body as it would drape like this:

JULI-_MW_AW10_0275.jpg

raw afaik the heels on the slimmer boots is just a flatter version of the heels on the old boots. imo twist jeans look sloppy if the stacking/twisting starts above the knee, I'd stick with the FW09 version.

N besides the paneling and basic cut the FW10 rider is really nothing like the FW07 rider. while I didn't like the collar on the FW07 rider at all I think the new rider would look fantastic worn open, it has a nice standing collar and the lapels would fold open similarly to this:

16krozq.jpg

hybrid of rider and fencing style jackets I guess. :cool:

let us know how sizing down on the moto goes for you deiv. I still think the chest fits true to size while the rest of the body is cut roomier for layering (the arms in particular, had to get the sleeves tapered slightly). that said the leather this season is particularly buttery soft so it wouldn't be too difficult to stretch it out with some wear.