australia :: general

TTT

^ yeah, can we possibly see some shots of the FG, bt?

http://www.business.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Was learning about this shit last year in class, can't remember exactly but you need to look at trade marking your name - costs like $200 for the application and another $250 or so to register it once it's approved. Once again you need to pay a renewal fee each year; somewhere around the 200/300 dollar mark. Basically ensures no one can steal / use your business name, good idea if you're going to start a business although if you don't renew someone else can take the name.

ipaustralia.gov.au/

cheers, man. figured a few of you would have learnt about this stuff at uni. i guess if i don't see someone ripping the name there's really no point then..

Can you link me to some pictures?

Also, Bt, what is your opinion of the FG men's leather you have? I've only seen the runway pics.

Joe might still have the high res runway pics around, used to have links but not anymore. :\ you can see the texture on the khaki pair in the pic on nvrend.

only real SS10 pieces for me are these two, pending sizing:

SS10_moto.png

In black? Not Mustard? :D

Tried on a mate's RO Geo today. Serious jacket but the collar is way high for my liking although actually falls nicely when unzipped. Zipped it goes all the way to eye level.

Is it cruel to point out that you just missed the FW09 Thai trousers on deep discount? http://secure.hostdeziners.com/www_sydneystoronto_com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=80

(if they are the same ones)

With so many combinations of styles/fabrics/colours, there actually isn't a lot of direct overlap. NVREND's buy is more focused on the unique layering pieces and summer-wearable trousers/shorts, tying them into strengths of the other stocked labels (like Augusta footwear, Obscur basics, NAT shirting). The others suffer from trying to pigeon-hole the pieces.

14.jpg

Mihara's definitely building momentum, both LVR and Browns as new stockists for this season. Ivan's shorts on LVR are these ones, which are just another one of the 30 pairs of slightly different trousers/shorts...

^ i was going to ask the same question. you can get pretty decent pairs from like old man stores - RL, gant, et al., but might run you a pretty penny for what they are.

myfranks.com.au are cheap but most of the prints are a bit fun-boy for me.

anyone else?

i've checked out the old man brands but they were all too big for me. american apparel has a pretty basic one, but its a tad too short for me. i also have a feeling every second dude i walk past will be wearing the same swimmers.

i'll have to go check out tuchuzy.

this burberry looks pretty clean. i like the subtle trim. slant pockets as well! sizes are too big though :(.

Board shorts are one area of clothing I don't even bother trying to fit into my 'aesthetic' I just go to GP, Glue or vinnies and buy some short shorts. And while I speak ill of Bondi, Tuchuzy has lots of decent boardshorts. They are mostly colourful, but they are for the beach after all.

Tuchuzy is changing its style bit by bit. The gent who use to own Our Spot now works for Tuchuzy and does their buying, bringing some great pieces in that you wouldnt usually associate with the store.

Hopefully it's not long before he opens his own place again, he is a great bloke and gets some cool stuff in.

^that's good.. I hope he does too. It was such a pity that he had to shut down Our Spot.. It was a nice little store..

Tough business.

Edit: Can one of you nice fellows please PM me Pieces on Dixon St's phone number. I'm sure ifound the website? Once or it might gave been that other place stocking fake DBSS. Anyway google is failing me now. Thanks in Advance

yo bt..

know you're still caught up, need to make payment asap for ring ;) girl thinks it's already on the way.. let me know when you can

J i'll be heading in to pieces on weds so i can get it for you then if noone else has got at you

i have some con boardies i grabbed off ebay for $18 last year.. gonna grab some AA ones to get me through summer

I got hide-san to find one for me as the webstores sold out in size 1, not many of them are carrying the MA line this season for some reason. depends what sort of fit you want N, you could get a size 2 for a slim fit or a size 3 for a fairly relaxed fit.