What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

well today (isn't over yet) my jeans (Samurai S0500XX) and i...

...waited on the bus:

p9030946.jpg

...to visit the doc and to get hooked up to this:

p9030949.jpg

p9030954.jpg

...then we went to a little park and read the daily news:

p9030971.jpg

p9030970.jpg

i already said i love the "Bild-Zeitung" haven't i ;)

p9030969.jpg

...then we came home and saw this at the door:

p9030979.jpg

some Nutritions/Supplements

p9030983.jpg

...and now we're chillen in front off my desktop and reading what's going on around here!...cheers

In the immortal words of Hammy, from Over The Hedge.....

"LOOK! LOOK! I FOUND MY NUTS!! I FOUND MY NUTS!!"

Ranon, you wondered what was in the shed seen in my waywt pics......

Late last fall, I put away my "project" motorcycle, and didn't open those doors until about a month ago......

And I discovered this...... Oh shit.

e5a68a76.jpg

I have had a long & checkered history of strained relations with squirrels, but this pushed me over the edge!

c9e6f0d7.jpg

Partway through cleaning up... Look! I found another bike!

b5dce698.jpg

It took me half a day to shovel out the pine cones.... I filled 7 large lawn bags..... Over 200 pounds of cones....

2901da4d.jpg

Those furry little fuckers even wedged them everywhere in my bike!!

16b1d79c.jpg

This means....... WAR!!!!!!!!!

The shed is set directly on the flagstones of the patio, with a particleboard floor. I discovered that the bastards tunneled up between the flagstones, and chewed their way through the floor!

So.............. I went shopping......

cbe327a6.jpg

Fuck. I forgot how much I love working with concrete.(10)

aaac40d5.jpg

I didn't have time to lay the floor in one shot, so I did it in three sections over a few days....

4111e22d.jpg

5 days and 900 kilograms of concrete later.... Done!

4b848718.jpg

Bring it on, you flea-ridden little bastards! :D

hollows those are a few of my favorite things about living here. hope you enjoyed coming through!

I always love coming through the Northwest, by car, train, thumb, or pedals. I was bummed that we didn't stop in Portland proper this time, though, I have a constant need to spend time at Powell's. The Smith Family stores in Eugene are also pretty great, though.

you are quite the builder aren't you. now lets see the REAL shed. the shed of magic shoes and pants and shirts. but its still cool, i live in a city and what we call a "concrete jungle" so i dont see too many things like squirrels hiding pine cones. pretty cool for a city bitch like me i must say!

Heh! :)

The environment we live in, while not downtown, is still pretty urban, and critters are a real issue. Horror stories abound of raccoons (and squirrels, etc) taking up residence in peoples' attics! Then it becomes a major issue to get em out!

Re the building... As a student, I had all kinds of jobs, from logging to oil rig work - I stuck with the latter eventually, because the pay was through the roof!

But one summer, I worked 2 jobs: construction & pool installation - so I picked up some basics on working with concrete! But I'm not good enough for it to be a back-up career! ;)

Nice work, riff! Always good to see a little DIY on here.

Today, the MFSC 7161s and I did a little stormwater research. Result: all of our flow measurements are off. FUUU....!

photomn.jpg

Roy, ThinFinn, riff, Zissou, good stuff

Z- sizing on the canes came out perfect. looking good

Today, I got featured in Inventory Magazine's Blog for Photographing the new Self Edge LA store. Please excuse the shameless promotion.

http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/self-edge-los-angeles.html

Also, me and my brother went mountain biking the other day. Here are a few shots from our little escapade.

My brother at the top of the trail

IMG_1633.jpg

This is the trail that we were about to go down on. you can see some of it to the left.

IMG_1637.jpg

As we were descending, the sun began to set and the colors were spectacular

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

All this area was part of the gold rush. this damn was built in the 1860s originally of clay and rebuilt later with cement and stones. I think I will have to go back there to do a denim soak some day.

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

Cheers!!!

Farm update via iphone. Been awhile.

IMG_1re5y205.jpg

Cleaned up the outside and inside of my roadside stand.

IMG_13wc207.jpg

Will be full of home grown vegetables and open to the public tomorrow morning.

IMG_121xjp0.jpg

Poinsettias are all transplanted for the final time. One of two houses.

IMG_1tt6212.jpg

Couple months old.

IMG_1214mku.jpg

Two years old. Saved it for a experiment...

IMG_12bbg13.jpg

Cyclamen

IMG_1vvg198.jpg

Mums on time for the most part. Hate that yellow variety thats already showing color. Will look awful by the time I start selling them. Won't plant them again.

IMG_11bbgh99.jpg

Irrigation system set up to a water forced injector for fertilizer. Constant feed from day one of transplant. Will go to straight water middle of Sept. to force flower.

IMG_120mji2.jpg

Jins #2

IMG_1216oi.jpg

whamp

surreal pictures with that blue cod roy.

Even more surreal was seeing these alive and feeding off the coral while snorkeling, and then facing them on ice the next day. I bet they look a lot better than they taste, like goats, but who knows. They are actually Parrot fish, not cod. Don't trust the labeling in Chinese markets too much.

-Z-, thank you. Seeing your shots from around your town, sometimes of unlikely subjects, was something that prompted me to start looking at things I passed by and through with a fresh eye.

great day activity guys...

so i was without camera today but i got a big hangover from yesterdays party. still fealing fucked up big time so i got driven to get my haircut in the morning, then i went to watch a soccergame and now i'm chillen here so nothing special...

must spread riff...story's too funny mate! :D...

web.jpg?ver=12833011940001

Yummy! Just curious, how much they go for these days?

well.. depends on where you live.. I got them @ the Shanghai airport for $168 RMB each.. and that's already a bargain in my books as I couldn't get any in Toronto..

I'm going back around the end of the month and I sourced a place in downtown Shanghai where I should be able to get them cheaper.. I'll be getting them by the dozen next time.

Farhad, kick-ass SELA photos. I'm sure you didn't use your iPhone this time. Good job ! (From one photographer to another).

(10 days ago)

Went to Hanauma Bay.

You have to watch a slightly corny video first about reef safety, with singing pufferfish, sounds perilously close to the Little Mermaid copyright.

4958318151_62bfa7f834_o.jpg

But it's worth it:

4958912614_92ff2e4418_o.jpg

Stapelia gigantea growing along the steep walk down to the shore. Each bloom is about 9" across:

4958318515_edd18b50ec_o.jpg

Action on the beach:

4958912472_9e4739a3ec_o.jpg

4958912552_a821d1f689_b.jpg

had a great day out at the city lakes today. here in MSP we're really blessed by having so much land set aside as parks. really great to be able to drive 15 min. max and run into a park, lake, someplace fun to spend time outdoors.

parked, and had a good few miles of walk around the lakes.

4958349727_1f19c5ceea_z.jpg

4958348857_e6f9fa485c_z.jpg

4958940684_1e92cf9a28_z.jpg

Nice view of downtown from the lakes.

4958939452_a1b034eb6f_z.jpg

Some people chillin on the dock,

4958939680_ecc3fb7428_z.jpg

Thought about renting a canoe today, but it was a bit too cold.

4958346031_24ddd74af7_z.jpg

Now a sailboat, that's a different story. would kill to have one of these on the lake.

4958347023_908ab736bc_z.jpg

4958941352_c1a1983f2f_z.jpg

4958941662_a1d33371ed_z.jpg

Got home, good sunset tonight.

4958938798_6979973e9a_z.jpg

This morning, Mum and I took in the local rose garden. Here are some sights we saw during our morning walk. PS. I do an enormous amount of neighborhood walking in my spare time...so comfortable shoes are very important to me. I find boots not even remotely comfortable -- that's why -- unless I'm hiking on rough terrain, I simply refuse to wear boots (and even then, I wear proper hiking boots -- none of this Alden, Red Wing, White's stuff...my feet are waay too small for those anyway). For city streets and urban environments, I prefer sandals, Birkenstocks, Danskos, and yes, God forbid...even running shoes !!

What I'm wearing :

Ladies Oakland T Large from www.pure510.com

IH Super Tan Belt from SESF (W32)

IH 634S from SESF (W30)

Softwalk Sandals from zappos (6.5N)

Hope you enjoy the scenery from our morning walk. Oakland homes are just beautiful, aren't they ? They look distinctly different from San Francisco homes -- but they are equally lovely.

4960374903_50ee209e5a_z.jpg

4960960436_b4c2fc8736_z.jpg

4960346601_a2b72d2a5e_z.jpg

4960333737_6861a09ec1_z.jpg

4960317793_2f347f2c1c_z.jpg

4960899328_ee5c3d9dc0_z.jpg

4960884760_47bfea52a5_z.jpg

4960278989_72b9367e28_z.jpg

4960863616_eeb87e5c6f_z.jpg

This rose garden is mostly kept up by neighborhood

volunteers...The garden is the most lush right after the rains,

say around April or May. Today it was pretty dried up...

4960252415_2f0cd7864a_z.jpg

Hellooooo Superfuture. Upon a quick review, looks like some cool shit's been done in my absence.

My family just left a couple days ago after spending two awesome weeks of vacation in East Africa. We spent the first five days on Lamu - an island off of the coast of Kenya, just near the border with Somalia. Lamu was a fairly significant trading point between Africa and the Arab world, so the culture and cuisine and architecture and lifestyle are a pretty amazing hybrid of those cultures. We actually stayed in Shela village/beach - about 2 miles out from Lamu Town. Unbelievable. Idyllic. Surreal. One of these places that was hard to believe it wasn't staged.

Just a small selection:

Shela, and our hotel (on the left)

IMG_1321.JPG

Loved the architecture

IMG_1396.JPG

Shela from above.

IMG_1513.JPG

Notice the 3 big houses on the shore of the opposite island (Manda Island) - all three are owned by some famous French film director. The right-most house is the eating house. Yep. Dude has one entire house for eating (the other two are for, you know, living). Apparently dude's kinda a douchebag. We saw him water-skiing.

I had assumed these dhows (traditional triangle-sailed ships) were pretty much around just for tourists, but it turns out these guys spend most of their time on their boats fishing in the ocean - they just serve the tourists (water-taxis, sunset trips, etc) during the fishing off-season when the ocean's too violent.

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

On Hassan and his dad's boat, for a nice sunset-sail

IMG_0200.jpg

Corpus

Kenyan "kikoi" wrap (most men wear these on their lower halves on the daily)

View from the room

IMG_1421.JPG

Donkeys are hugely important on Lamu island. There are a grand total of 2 motor vehicles on the island - all other material-transport is done by donkeys.

Donkeys hauling sand:

IMG_0105.jpg

Gotta keep your donkey lookin fresh:

IMG_1408.JPG

In the market in Lamu Town. I just liked this photo:

IMG_1372.JPG

(kinda out of order) Manda airstrip (brother in the background):

IMG_0016.jpg

Market in Lamu Town

IMG_1361.JPG

Love the wood carving

IMG_1348.JPG

The floating bar in the creek on Manda

IMG_1537.JPG

I bought the brother a pair of Tellason Strummers when I bought my own (they were on sale...). I made him take some photos with me:

Hooray for brothertime!

IMG_1557.JPG

"Okay, now go like this."

"Uh. Why? You're retarded. And you're flipping off Mom."

"It's an internet thing. Just do it."

IMG_1561.JPG

"Fine."

IMG_1562.JPG

The Brothers dkatz say "Fuck you, Sufu!" from Kenya!

Photos from the next part of the trip when I get a chance...

Roy your pics bring back a lot of memories from my own country ( i am from tahiti).

and by the way the big fruit you took in picture in front of the soy sauce bottles or whatever is called an uru in maori. its the fruit of the "arbre a pain" in french, or hte bread tree.... delicious.

ill try to see if i can post pics from my former house and garden.....

God i love Polynesia (and Hawaii is part of it ...)