What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

from this past weekend

DSCN8625.jpg

hung out with my nephew near the inlaws' place, showed him how to use my camera and he insisted we have a photo shoot at the park, so we did:

DSCN8635.jpg

DSCN8571.jpg

my wife and I went to our favorite pizza place in Tulsa: Pie Hole it's really tiny but affordable, and really good considering our only options in NE are pizza hut and Little Caesars.

DSCN8572.jpg

the first non-shitty 'street-art' i've seen in OK in a long time.

DSCN8814.jpg We left early so we could make it back home from OK before dark. didn't really work out, but this is at around dusk somewhere in Kansas.

DSCN8801.jpg one of about 17 failed attempts at a proper waywt picture somewhere along 1-70 at a rest area

I tried to do a video waywt but it didn't work, so I settled for some footage of a wind farm I saw along the interstate near Hays,KS.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c329/bobbydale/?action=view&current=DSCN8802.mp4

It is short,low quality, so I apologize for any feedback/dissonance. It is a first attempt to see how my camera does.

messing around tonight. never done any light painting, and obviously i'm not any good at it, and its in my loft, but what the hell yea? might just enlist the help of some buddies to mess around with it this summer, who knows.

gonna go knock a few more back in lieu of an upcoming interview this thursday...nervous as hell. not because I won't interview well, but if i get the job, I'm moving overseas for 2 years...maybe to a town near you?????? and that is both terribly exciting and terribly scary at the moment...

5470319590_5af21bded3_z.jpg

5469726331_d2f7fca2db_z.jpg

5469726035_5265b4e440_z.jpg

cheers.

Unfortunately I can't post all the pics from my camera as of now cuz the story was for Inventory mag. Also, the location can't be disclosed for other reasons. All I can say is that we were in an abandoned place from long long ago and it was an awesome place

to be. eltopo took lots of pics as well which he'll be posting when he gets back from his trip.

IMG_3781.jpg

Mike is as nice as can get

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

That's Mike's father in law who's a big part of his project. He's a great guy with an amazing amount of knowledge.

IMG_3792.jpg

A man needs some refreshments when he's in the desert

IMG_3785.jpg

eltopo was in tha house

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

Cheers!!! (photos of me taken by eltopo)

IMG_3770.jpg

x-posted from the ROY x CONE thread

so, today is going to be a hugeass post, firstly to do justice to the kindness i have been shown today and secondly to compensate for the lack of activity in the recent couple of months in this thread. grab a drink, sit back and i hope you enjoy the post.

R1003097.jpg

the day started off with me bumming around at home and trying to catch some TV but there was nothing much on telly so i decided to head out to run some errands. things started off with going to the bank to drop some cash.

R1003101.jpg

then i went to pay some bills. well, singapore is pretty much a bustling city. if you are into city life/good food with different cuisines/moderate amount of shopping/safe place to take your kids out to, singapore is pretty much the country for you to visit. while we dont have beautiful and breathtaking scenery, convenience is at your fingertips. here, you will find like in the picture above, an AXS machine where you can do shitloads of stuff like paying credit card bills, buy movie tickets, grab insurance, etc etc. it never ends.

R1003098.jpg

as you can see, i am not kidding you. please ignore the handsome reflection on the screen though for beauty is only skin deep.

R1003102.jpg

after running the errands, it was time for food. lunch calls and here you can see a typical stall selling mixed rice, where you can pick out dishes that you want. this stall is somewhat different though because it is a vegetarian stall. if you know from my food diaries you see constantly, i am obviously not vegetarian, but this stall is pretty good by my standards, so it is a must eat for me.

R1003105.jpg

here we have me devouring lunch at home. basically a vegetarian meal like this is heavily flour based and while there are your greens (i picked long beans) and deep fried beancurd skin, there are a couple of mock meats. they are ALMOST like the real thing. i picked a mock BBQ PORK and mock Sweet and Sour Fish (which didnt taste anything like fish). this was all accompanied with a refreshing soy bean drink, which i also incidentally had yesterday but they accidentally forgot the sugar, which consequently made the whole drink taste like crap. but that was yesterday anyway.

R1003146.jpg

after lunch, i decided it was time to make a trip down to meet a new friend that i have been meaning to go down to pass him some stuff, but was too tied up to make the trip down earlier in the week. most of you will know the Obbi Good Label operated by obbigood and scasi, fellow singaporeans. apparently it was also coincidentally the softlaunch of the opening of their workshop in singapore and i was lucky enough to be schooled by them about leathergoods, the workmanship and other information. a truly humbling experience. they were really kind to let me have a go at sharing with you guys some pictures of the spanking brand new workshop as well.

R1003132.jpg

here is obbigood hard at work, weaving magic with his hands. he was working on a wallet in the picture if i am not wrong.

R1003135.jpg

and here he is talking to me about his Samurai S500JX-LR which he is currently wearing in the Heavyweight Denim Championship Contest, of which they are also kindly sponsoring some of the prizes. with the unique left and right hand twill jeans, how can you go wrong?

R1003134.jpg

here is scasi, hard at work on his sewing machine. i dont know what he is doing since i am no expert, but he is putting together 2 pieces of leather (obviously i dont know what im talking about, but it makes sense doesnt it? ha!).

R1003123.jpg

here he is, looking good in his SDAs. not too sure what model they are though. osaka 5 never disappoints though.

R1003121.jpg

here is scasi again, working on a wallet that is almost finished. he is making holes so that he can add the male end of the clasp for the wallet front.

R1003122.jpg

of course if you work, you have scraps. here are some leather scraps from their labour.

R1003126.jpg

obbigood and scasi were also kind enough to show me around the workshop and explain to me the different styles of leathergoods as well as the different machines they had. here, you see the custom pieces that were made.

R1003125.jpg

and of course there are various other leathergoods here as well including wallet reigns, bracelets, cardholders, coin holders, key fobs etc. very nice!

R1003124.jpg

of course they have lightning magazine as well. the boots issue was mmmmmmmmm tempting, with a lot of beauties to tempt your leather wallet with.

R1003142.jpg

here was what obbigood used to explain to me with regards to the differences between leather qualities. he also showed me a whole roll of uncut hide, which i have never seen before. very informative stuff that he gladly passed the knowledge on to. appreciate it.

R1003145.jpg

they also had some stuff from their personal collection which was also for sale today. i wonder why they never posted up these beauties. guys from the "shoes that look better with age" thread will go crazy.

R1003141.jpg

a moc toe which i thought looked amazing and an iron ranger (i think).

R1003128.jpg

the beauties that they have are amazing. hope somebody picks them up tonight at the soft launch. the evo is untouchable.

R1003137.jpg

some hardware that they use on their leather goods. some key rings and hooks and stuff.

R1003138.jpg

more silver for the eyes.

R1003139.jpg

rivets and buttons and more and more silver. all that glitters isn't gold.

R1003143.jpg

and boxes and compartments more of hardware and beads and stuff like that which i didnt open up to inspect.

R1003144.jpg

and here are some nice YKK zips waiting to be sewn onto leather pieces. great inventory of items.

R1003147.jpg

of course there were all sorts of machines imaginable and scasi told me about how difficult it was sometimes to source for them. i was also pretty surprised to learn about how a lot of shoe manufacturing used to be done in singapore.

R1003148.jpg

apparently a recently acquired new machine. sweeeeet.

R1003149.jpg

yet another piece of vintage beauty that will probably be even harder to come by in the years to come.

R1003150.jpg

what is a machine without thread. well, here are some threads for contrast stitching if you would like.

R1003133.jpg

finally, we have something possibly ROY related. CONE denim! a fuckin' old school banner which was apparently gifted to them by a friend. looking at it, i wonder how long ago does it date back. since 1850 i say! reminded me of the video that i was watching earlier on in the day. Levi's As America: A Riveting Icon, where we see a possibly familiar face being featured, also in part 2 and 3. here's part one:

kZ9hvYUbN8o&feature=related

all in all, it was a fantastic day for me with a lot of knowledge being gained. will definitely head back to make a purchase one day to support these new found friends who have been working with passion for years and years. for anyone who doesnt know where to find them, here you go.

http://www.obbigoodlabel.com/

cheers!

Guest I LOVE LFC
cute little adidas trackie she's got on, my lil one insists on dress's and skirts only!

Haha, it's a bo peep one from Toy Story, which she's watched everyday since christmas! It's good for her to have a relax and play in, less restricting like.

Any meaning to the tattoo?

Girls side profile above the roses(my Mrs), You'll Never Walk Alone, from my other love. Plenty more still to do on it yet.

yesterday me and my burgus plus went to the "The Catch" in anaheim & got two OMG burgers haha

- 4 pounds of lean ground beef

- topped with 10 slices of aged cheddar cheese, half a head of iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onions, mayo, & dill pickles.

- served on a 14 inch bun with a bunch of fries.

- also, added bacon to one of the burgers.

5479887204_d053715a10_z.jpg

one with bacon.

5479887114_bee54cccb0_z.jpg

5479286507_79a9304f26_z.jpg