Make Something Cool Everyday

billy.

shrimp-tostadas-xl-54052432.jpg

original - basically just used the stamp (repair?) tool to copy the color and whatnot of the plate over the place where the heart wasn't then copy+pasted the edge of the old tostada and atached it to where the new edge was and added some extra shadows / markings etc... the edges. then copied leaves from the old image and re-pasted them over where they had been erased when making the heart. erased some pieces of corn and other things that got near the edges by stamping parts of the tortilla over.

party with tina, dope. like all you work.

I'm wondering though: who or what started the bust thing? like lines and other geometric overlays and shit over white busts. I've seen so much of it through lots of different artists in the last couple years atleast.

party with tina, dope. like all you work.

I'm wondering though: who or what started the bust thing? like lines and other geometric overlays and shit over white busts. I've seen so much of it through lots of different artists in the last couple years atleast.

My personal interpretation has to do with the juxtaposition of antiquity and modernity- a lot of contemporary net art appears (to me, at least) to be self-referential in nature and draws from a wide variety of aesethetic elements to produce a distinct, cohesive whole.

For example, this image by Bea Fremderman places a classical aesthetic form in a contemporary context:

tumblr_lgoyufD3Tc1qbr5uao1_500.png

you can see the rest of that series here: http://beafremderman.com/pages/virtual.html

and more here: http://thestate.tumblr.com/

very good

tina, nice. Bea Fremderman too.

to be honest this is the first i've heard any explanation of anyone's intentions behind internet art. most of it seems amateurish or plain bad to me.

Bea Femderman's are the most refined i've seen, the artist knows composition and attention to detail. the concept makes complete sense but to me i don't think it's enough to support the visual form..

maybe its just completely over my head