Make Something Cool Everyday

billy.

recent portfolio... sketch?

please ignore code etc... mostly copy + pasted to try and get down what i had in head. I'd like to have roll-overs (javascript to animate preferably) on the individual items that show info about the particular pictures instead of the off-to-the-side brief numbered descriptions. would appreciate pointers. haven't resolved the header yet but I thought I'd put up this work in progress for some critique!

I saw this yesterday; cool rollover effect

http://flowplayer.org/tools/tooltip/index.html

I think the numbered stuff is fine though, especially if that linked to the slide instead of having the number under it.

The entire site is aligned strangely and the window is never big enough (there's always a scroll)

I like it though

The entire site is aligned strangely and the window is never big enough (there's always a scroll)

uh oh - better figure that out when i re-do / try some other computers cause it's not happening on mine. i think i might try making the 'content boxes' more vertical rather than so horizontal that might help with the feeling of weird aligning (i get it too so im going to keep playing around)

I'm using Safari 5 and I'm too tired right now to really look into it, but the container and body are being sized the same as my window and then I think adding the 120px to the left is making it impossible for my window to ever catch up so there's always some scroll left.

like this: http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9438/picture5cb.png

see the computed width is 1655px.

I'm using Safari 5 and I'm too tired right now to really look into it, but the container and body are being sized the same as my window and then I think adding the 120px to the left is making it impossible for my window to ever catch up so there's always some scroll left.

like this: http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9438/picture5cb.png

see the computed width is 1655px.

fixed it - thanks for the help. also cleaned it up a bit and the design now centers rather than just sitting left from the page. ill probably come by again once i resolve the header.

what meta did probably didn't involve any actual glitching.

and yeah I'm done with the textedit thing. It was fun for the rapper thing I did it on and people liked it, but I've seen that shit a lot lately. I still like the glitched shit, but I'd rather do it in a way with much more control. I did the Whip My Hair video with Photoshop Actions.

Dig it, meta.

Here's a design I'm really struggling with that I could use some critique on as well - supposed to read San Diego and be a 'travel poster' of sorts. Mainly having legibility issues. Going to be a three-color woodcut print.

I think it might benefit from at least one more typographic element in the second row to hold it together (in the same vein as the 'S' and 'A'), as the legibility is breaking down especially toward the end.

I think it might benefit from at least one more typographic element in the second row to hold it together (in the same vein as the 'S' and 'A'), as the legibility is breaking down especially toward the end.

Yeah, looking at it this morning there's obviously some things that just don't work at all (the G) so I'm definitely thinking along these lines. Need to think of some more 'beach trash' to have some obviously letterforms on... some sort of food wrapped, maybe.