video games ruined my life

DüM

yea I just googled around and read that apparently this is due to some sort of a "jailbreak" on ps3? I don't know much about console tech so don't really know what it all means.

ya the PS3's 'master key' was just uncovered a month or two ago and spread around the internet, it allows hackers to bypass all of Sony's security and basically do anything they want with the system, they can sign any package/software they want with this key to allow it to run on the PS3 opening it up to limitless options, and because it's hardware based Sony can't simply release a patch to fix it, they would have to recall every PS3, which isn't happening.

I sold my MW2, gave away my MW, hurt my knee and was home for a week on a blops jag and barely play it now that i got NV... I also need to get in to ME2, which i delayed to play ME, but then i got bored and stopped playing.

Silent Hill looks fun. I remember playing RE for ps1 and loving it, stayed up all night, need a good survival horror game in my life.

ya the PS3's 'master key' was just uncovered a month or two ago and spread around the internet, it allows hackers to bypass all of Sony's security and basically do anything they want with the system, they can sign any package/software they want with this key to allow it to run on the PS3 opening it up to limitless options, and because it's hardware based Sony can't simply release a patch to fix it, they would have to recall every PS3, which isn't happening.

I watched a video of the press conference where the group responsible presented it. So funny. What basically screwed Sony over was a single line in their security coding that was supposed to generate a random number, but for some reason Sony coders wrote it so it stayed constant. I think they doubted anyone would get that far.

wow... I wonder why only mw2 has been hacked though, why not BO?

wow... I wonder why only mw2 has been hacked though, why not BO?

Dedicated servers? Just guessing?

I like that rockstar is all about re-branding GTA now... i can deal with that same idea and style in different eras for another couple years.

I played today with the patch, didn't really notice anything changed.

OMEeqWBWjv8

Release date for L.A. Noire: May 17.

The fluidity of facial animation in this game looks ridiculously good for a rockstar title. I will be copping.

Been waiting on LA Noire. They've pushed it back quite a bit. I had it pre-ordered last May, the release was originally set for November '10. Looks really good though.

Has anyone played since Patch 1.06? Improve the supposed problems?

didn't notice much of a change.

an apparently new problem though, when playing domination I was occasionally unable to capture flags. I'd stand dead in the center of a flag, its won by my team but I dont get any points nor does it show up in the stats. same happened to a friend of mine a few times playing in the same games as me.

why is sony pushing handhelds so hard? PSP sucked balls. it pretty much bombed in comparison to what Nintendo put out.

i think Nintendo handhelds are different because it's really a gaming device, as opposed to PSP which tries to be some hip information age gaming machine kind of thing; and it seems they are going for that again this time.

when are they going to learn that "cool gaming gadget for the mature gamer" shtick is never going to catch on for their target audience? personally, there is nothing more loser-ish than some grown ass dude playing handheld games in public.

Nothing more loser-ish than ~50% of Japan?

well, dont take it personally.

but i cant say that is not the impression i get when i see grown ass dudes playing handheld games. it just looks silly. for the japanese, i would imagine that their general attitude towards gaming is a bit different than that of the US, given that sony/nintendo are their national products and that they (the japanese) just have a different world view than westerners like myself. so i guess i should have added that my opinion is culturally specific, not some generalization concerning all cultures.

why is sony pushing handhelds so hard? PSP sucked balls. it pretty much bombed in comparison to what Nintendo put out.

i think Nintendo handhelds are different because it's really a gaming device, as opposed to PSP which tries to be some hip information age gaming machine kind of thing; and it seems they are going for that again this time.

when are they going to learn that "cool gaming gadget for the mature gamer" shtick is never going to catch on for their target audience? personally, there is nothing more loser-ish than some grown ass dude playing handheld games in public.

with the addition of a right thumbstick and 3G connection on premium models, you can now play the next Call of Duty multiplayer on the go. think about it. Apple pretty much proved that the masses would play games on a handheld given the success of the app store and smaller devs being successful with inexpensive indie games on the iPhone. regardless of the higher price point, it makes sense on Sony's part to cash in the western FPS craze with this move in addition to defending their grip on the handheld market in Japan. whether they can make this work is another story though