edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

this has probably been addressed before, but does anyone have good recommendations for a one piece multitool. I've wanted an atwood for a long time but always seem to miss his sales. I have a pockettoolx brewzer right now and want something with a little more heft/thickness. Thanks!

this has probably been addressed before, but does anyone have good recommendations for a one piece multitool. I've wanted an atwood for a long time but always seem to miss his sales. I have a pockettoolx brewzer right now and want something with a little more heft/thickness. Thanks!

Its probably been addressed but I can't remember what the answers were. The only companies I know making one piece tools would be TTpocketTools, PocketToolx, Gerber & of course Atwood. I only own Atwoods so I can't really recommend you any specific tool by another company. I will say that if you can score an Atwood, they're worth the price they command.

Edit: It also might help if you listed functionality that you would like the tool to have(bottle opener, prytip, etc.).

Edited by neonecko

Its probably been addressed but I can't remember what the answers were. The only companies I know making one piece tools would be TTpocketTools, PocketToolx, Gerber & of course Atwood. I only own Atwoods so I can't really recommend you any specific tool by another company. I will say that if you can score an Atwood, they're worth the price they command.

Edit: It also might help if you listed functionality that you would like the tool to have(bottle opener, prytip, etc.).

I guess something similar to the prybaby. I only need basics, prying, bottle opener, screwdriver but wouldn't mind tools that do more (would prefer in fact).

^ lucky man for the atwoods

You have to be really patient in the search for Atwoods. I've only gotten 4/10 directly through Peter's sales. The rest I found in the market on various forums for slightly above retail value. Pass on the super inflated ebay prices though. those guys are no better then the supreme resellers.

I guess something similar to the prybaby. I only need basics, prying, bottle opener, screwdriver but wouldn't mind tools that do more (would prefer in fact).

Nothing will top the PryBaby imo. Peter has pretty much perfected the design and anything equivalent will be on par(rarely) or of lesser quality. He's actually doing a sale for (Semi-Roid) PryBabies pretty soon and I'm hoping to score one of those.

JDR knives makes some really nice, basic, one-piece tools and I've also read some decent reviews of the gerber shard and the pockttoolx piranha. Besides that I got nothing. Good luck on your search!

Just get the Gerber Shard. Fits those exact requirements you listed here plus its like $7. Carry that for a while and if you find that you really use it a lot, then maybe start looking into higher end keytools.

You have to be really patient in the search for Atwoods. I've only gotten 4/10 directly through Peter's sales. The rest I found in the market on various forums for slightly above retail value. Pass on the super inflated ebay prices though. those guys are no better then the supreme resellers.

plus i'm in a different hemisphere/timezone :P if you know of anything on the market (non inflated) i'd appreciate the headsup ;)

Just get the Gerber Shard. Fits those exact requirements you listed here plus its like $7. Carry that for a while and if you find that you really use it a lot, then maybe start looking into higher end keytools.

I already use my brewzer a shitload, and don't feel like the shard offers anything over it. I said in my op I was looking for something with more heft/weight. Will probably check out ttpockettools stuff thanks for the help guys.

Looking for a water bottle to carry around for school. I have a clean canteen but for some reason it is very dirty inside even though i clean it and leaves a metallic water taste. What are some pros/cons to metal vs. plastic? I am looking for something that doesnt leave that plastic/metallic water taste and easy to clean. Was thinking about KOR One but it had too many bad reviews because of hinge/cap and plastic water taste.