edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

fuckkk, who would have thought I would have used my Victorinox Manager every day since I have got it.

The other day, dropped my car keys in the dark, used the led light to find them. Today, the screw on my car immobiliser was too far in, and made the button get stuck. Quick use of the screwdriver and all is good again.

Now I really have to step up my EDC game with a knife and proper flash light.

Boker-bo589-rw-10570-22785.jpg

im pretty set on getting my groomsmen subcom bokers

the dealextreme knock off is like 5 bucks.. haha yikes.

sku_19364_1.jpg

Just a heads up: I tried to order the Boker Subcom knockoff from DX a few weeks back and they informed me a week after placing the order that they were out of stock... They still have yet to update that item to "Out of Stock", which is pretty typical for DX.

fuckkk, who would have thought I would have used my Victorinox Manager every day since I have got it.

The other day, dropped my car keys in the dark, used the led light to find them.

sounds like you have the midnite manager (LED instead of tweezers)? I actually don't use my manager that much, mostly as a bottle opener (even then, i don't drink so..)

does yours come with translucent scales? the cellidor on mine is getting fcked up somehow -- wish i could get replacement scales. :|

anyway, cheers for a great keychain piece..

sounds like you have the midnite manager (LED instead of tweezers)? I actually don't use my manager that much, mostly as a bottle opener (even then, i don't drink so..)

does yours come with translucent scales? the cellidor on mine is getting fcked up somehow -- wish i could get replacement scales. :|

anyway, cheers for a great keychain piece..

yeah I have the midnite version in red. I dont have the translucent scales. Maybe cantact victorinox? Don't these have lifetime warranty.

I think the light will be more useful than tweezers for me. But as a keychain piece I couldn't be happier!

P1070682.jpg

gotta share my new/old edc action. wayfarers w/ tactical pink croakies, red linen hanky (diy by my beautiful biddy), paul smith camo canvas wallet (cheaply constructed, not recommended), double paracord monkeyfist fob, gerber clutch, split pea and small CC prybar on split ring, fisher space pen, burts bees, folded index card w/ denim wear log, school access, new htc hero, spderco endura 4 wave, s biner with house key stuff... and the new stuff, a brinyte pd03a 1xaaa on a 10440 and an ultrafire a20 1xcr123 on an rcr123. both from DX.

totally new to this flashlight game, so how did i do?. i got unprotected batteries because that is what they had on DX. any of you flashlight experts wanna give me/sufu the quick rundown on these batteries so i don't die and/or blow up my crotch when i am edcing these lights? is safety really that big a deal? i got the trustfire multifunctional charger for the 10440 and a nano charger for the rcr-123. somewhere said to have a multimeter for li-ions, but is that imperative or just helpful? is the indicator light on the cheap chargers sufficient for my purposes? i am a med student, so the extent of my electrical training is mcat physics (V=IR). tia for the help, my friends.

as far as flashlights, you are using chinese made budget lights with unprotected and potentially dangerous lithium ion chemistry. i would've sprung a little more for protected batts, but no protected 10440s exist at the moment (Afaik). the point of the multimeter is to make sure you don't over-discharge the unprotected cells.. which i think, will vent in flames if either overcharged or overdischarged. i put safety first and decided to cop protected batts so i didnt really read much on the repercussions of unprotected batts.

the chargers are fine for your purposes.. to be honest i charge almost randomly.. just when i feel i've used up most of the juice, or as soon as a light won't come on in high (not enough voltage).

here is some additional reading:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=235164

gotta share my new/old edc action. wayfarers w/ tactical pink croakies, red linen hanky (diy by my beautiful biddy), paul smith camo canvas wallet (cheaply constructed, not recommended), double paracord monkeyfist fob, gerber clutch, split pea and small CC prybar on split ring, fisher space pen, burts bees, folded index card w/ denim wear log, school access, new htc hero, spderco endura 4 wave, s biner with house key stuff... and the new stuff, a brinyte pd03a 1xaaa on a 10440 and an ultrafire a20 1xcr123 on an rcr123. both from DX.

totally new to this flashlight game, so how did i do?. i got unprotected batteries because that is what they had on DX. any of you flashlight experts wanna give me/sufu the quick rundown on these batteries so i don't die and/or blow up my crotch when i am edcing these lights? is safety really that big a deal? i got the trustfire multifunctional charger for the 10440 and a nano charger for the rcr-123. somewhere said to have a multimeter for li-ions, but is that imperative or just helpful? is the indicator light on the cheap chargers sufficient for my purposes? i am a med student, so the extent of my electrical training is mcat physics (V=IR). tia for the help, my friends.

Just out of curiosity; how do you think a muggers face would stand up against the strike bezel on the ultrafire?

LOL ohh.. i see what you were getting at.

Im assuming that if a blunt fist can do damage, a tac bezel, be it a cheap one, at the same force would do some super effective and double damage as long as your crit chance is high.

LOL ohh.. i see what you were getting at.

Im assuming that if a blunt fist can do damage, a tac bezel, be it a cheap one, at the same force would do some super effective and double damage as long as your crit chance is high.

Hmm perhaps its better to spend more gold on a Surefire with +2 to sneak damage and Summon Police On Strike.

Honestly though, I don't really believe in tacticool pens and all that jazz. Every time I've been jumped has been when I was too drunk to defend myself anyways. So in a sober situation; I was a track MVP... I'm gonna stick with Run-Fu.

Just out of curiosity; how do you think a muggers face would stand up against the strike bezel on the ultrafire?

i don't know if you're just teasing on my choice of light (it was cheap, aight?), but to answer your q seriously, i think i'd rather have a heftier light for the purpose of smashing face, something more the length of a kubaton or even a billie. in an overhand grip (LED facing pinky, thumb on clicky) the strike bezel barely sticks out of my fist (and i have small hands).

So in a sober situation; I was a track MVP... I'm gonna stick with Run-Fu.

i think i am with you on this one, and add some situational awareness (great euphemism, btw) to minimize chances of sober situations.

IN OTHER NEWS

people who carry slipjoints like Opinel, laguiole, UKPK, victorinox, etc

do you feel that locking mechanism is sufficient for general EDC use? at the most im talking like, cutting some tough cardboard or something

I regularly make boxes with a non-locking higonokami. I have to make boxes for bikes (out of double layer, heavy cardboard) and oddly shaped stuff all the time.

Unlike in an emergency or outdoor work situation where you might be using a knife in a multidirection/noncontrolled manner, slicing along a line or otherwise in a linear way it is completely unnecessary to have a locking mechanism.

I used to have a Smith and Wesson locker and I greatly prefer the working use and carry of a slim, straight higonokami.

Not to say that's what I'd have in my car or take camping, but it's the tool I want on me. Feel me?

i don't know if you're just teasing on my choice of light (it was cheap, aight?), but to answer your q seriously, i think i'd rather have a heftier light for the purpose of smashing face, something more the length of a kubaton or even a billie. in an overhand grip (LED facing pinky, thumb on clicky) the strike bezel barely sticks out of my fist (and i have small hands)..

No tease! I love DX... in fact I wish I could sign on as a consultant; can you imagine how cheap they could sell bongs and paraphernalia to Americans for? I was gonna order a Fenix E01 from them but I got it from 4Sevens instead so that I don't have to deal with DX's ridiculous shipping times. I'm looking to pick up one of the bigger ultrafires for my room next year at school as I'm the only guy in a house of girls, so if something goes down with any drunk ex-bfs its my role to man up and clean up.

Take it from me -- bitches cannot resist a man with a 200 lumen flashlight.

For taking on belligerent exbfs tho, I would recommend a skateboard (Supreme Kermit series to be exact.)