edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Sup guys! Relativity - nice to see you here.... Please tell me you like knives... You will then be absolutely irresistible!

Haven't posted in a while, but got my long-awaited Shane Silbert Benchmade today.

This thing is effing gnarly. They weren't kidding when they described it as "over-built".

Took some pics next to a Leafstorm & large Sebenza for comparison purposes. At $157 shipped, an amazing deal IMHO...

BM755-1.jpg

BM755-2.jpg

BM755-3.jpg

BM755-4.jpg

Nice blades you got there!!

I need a new keychain knife to replace my CRKT peck, going bigger.

I want something like the Spyderco Native, maybe a bit smaller. Needs good steel, g10 scales, USA made, under 4" closed. price range is 60-80 so I'm limited.

Sweet Jesus! You could deflect a missile with that thing. How thick does that measure?

Also, is there a place online that sells spyderco cheaper than all the rest?

It is massive - about 1.5cm thick. Try spydieguys on Ebay. Others more knowledgeable than me will probably have better sources! :)

nice 755! i didn't order one because i think it would be too small. i'm waiting on the full size....if there is gonna be one.

Thanks - I really like it. A full size one? :eek: I can't even imagine how ill that would be....

BEFORE PPL rep my last pocket dump i shouldve said that bm42c is not mine lol

in other news

is anyone else getting bored of their current EDC?

my gawd i want to minimize. cut things down to maybe 7 items or so. kinda hard cuz my leafstorm is so good but its also kinda big, but not rly,ffffuuuu. im just babbling at this point.

also, any good money clip recs? ideally it would be like a money clip that could manage a wad of cash + some cards, probably like a titanium/leather hybrid clip/cardholder would be amazing. but then i might as well just use a wallet mirite? iono.

halp.

how many cards do you guys carry?

i have:

1. ID

2. car insurance

3. health insurance

4. AMEX

5. VISA

6. ATM

7. AAA

8. in-n-out credit card (beta testing, so necessary)

it's kind of a brick when i put it in my card holder and back-pocket it. sometimes the staggered card slots on a wallet help offset the brick-ness of that stack.

i dunno. thinking about going back to a cardholder as well.

wish i could switch to a card holder and get one from corter.

too bad there are no cash registers or atms in hawaii yet (10)

waiting on corter to unleash another bifold in the sale. so sad i missed the first one.

1. Driver's License

2. School ID

3. Debit

4. honors study room keycard

5. apartment keycard

6. laundry machine card thing

7. remove trap card

the last 4 are really not that necessary, so iono.

British Columbia ID

Credit Card

Debit Card

Student ID

in the relevant side

the other side has some other bullshit like blockbuster card and printer cards. I have found since switching to a cardholder that all my cards stacked directly on top of each other gives me a bruise on the butt. Need to switch back to regular wallet+slot for emergency 20, staggered card slots make the thing thinner. Also my cardholder being only the size of a credit card plus a little bit makes it fall over in my pocket sometimes. trading horizontal and vertical space for thickness is good.

I just keep my cash in my front pocket since I have so little of it anyway.

In an Albam Cardholder

1. Drivers License

2. Insurance Card

3. Amex Card (most all purchases go on this, gotta rack up those points/miles)

4. Visa Check Card (on the rare occasions I need to take money out or they dont accept Amex)

5. Metrocard

6. NJ Transit Monthly Pass

7. One bill. usually either a $5 or $20.

In my silver cardholder I only keep:

- State ID (I don't drive, native NYC'er for life)

- Bank Card

- Health Insurance card

- Metrocard

I can keep it to just this because I have key tags for stuff like the gym, store discount cards, etc. If I get given a business card I add the info to my phone and toss the card when I get home, I hate carrying extra BS like that around.

still waiting on my bear and son trainer, been about a month already.

knifecenter just keeps saying next week, next week, next week.

I think i remember some of you had problems with knifecenter's out of stock items also?