edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Yessir!

The Iraqi one looks good too, but is all that really engraved on the blade like that? No offense to those fighting out there, but it looks kinda tacky.Would much rather have it on the handles. Couldn't complain if I had one tho.

What was wrong with the handles though? Just didn't feel so right in hand?

yes, it has all that on the blade. i agree it's tacky but yeah, it would look better on the handles. might fade away with carry though. it doesn't come in the stock spydie boxes, but in this plastic packaging like those you would see bucks and other knives in. it's neat i suppose.

the handles on the 3 were a little bulky for my taste.

also, the jimping on the spine sucks and holding it felt a little awkward. the bulk of the handles did feel a little ergonomically comfortable, but it was a little bulky to carry in my opinion.

the blade also wasn't razor sharp. it was brand new!

it's weird. all the knives i owned that were vg10 at the time weren't razor sharp at all.

think im going to sell my busse

total overkill to be honest, real nice, but i just dont know what to do with it. is heavy and not practical at all

thinking about keeping the cash and getting a RAT 3 instead...

do you ever have a need for a giant fixed blade? when i first joined iknifecollector, there was this dude who kept telling me to get a scrapyard knife. ever try those? they look pretty awesome and like busse, insanely durable.

whoa. no joke, until i saw the spydie hole pic of berndog i SWEAR i thought he looked like this:

i71vt4.jpg

naw i wish i was as handsome as isabelle/isaboy

that's neptune, it says so in the top left.

ken,

no there is really never a need for large fixed blade

scrapyard is cool but i dont like neoprene handles, but i do like the linen micarta on the RAT's

we will see

as of lately...

allblackedc-3250186.jpg

Great aesthetics on that pen! Info?

Been using this simple 'very fine' point gel pen by a generic maker you can find at your campus store. Been carrying it around with me a lot nowadays but find that the tip wears out occasionally. Looking to upgrade, any recommendations? I know there were a few pen reviews pages back of multi-color pens.

Looking for a simple black/blue for EDC

Great aesthetics on that pen! Info?

Been using this simple 'very fine' point gel pen by a generic maker you can find at your campus store. Been carrying it around with me a lot nowadays but find that the tip wears out occasionally. Looking to upgrade, any recommendations? I know there were a few pen reviews pages back of multi-color pens.

Looking for a simple black/blue for EDC

i think the pen is by smith and wesson... ballpoint. i think all/most tactical pens are ballpoint.

many seem to recommend slicci by pentel. i personally prefer pentel's energel line.

you can find them at jetpens.com or shopwritersbloc.com

does anyone know if the split pea or the peanut lighter will fit a cr123 batt?
just in case yo

I do the same thing... Got a pill fob in the pic below of what I've found to be the best spare (for me ) carrier for a CR123. it fit perfectly and hangs on the keychain. Kind of one of those don't know it's there until you need it scenarios.

And yes that's my Smith and Wesson tactical pen... good for signing stuff and stabbing others.

do you ever have a need for a giant fixed blade? when i first joined iknifecollector, there was this dude who kept telling me to get a scrapyard knife. ever try those? they look pretty awesome and like busse, insanely durable.

Getting a RC-6 for dedicated car duty/bob. It'll see use when I backpack too.

i've been really wanting a S&W/Shrade tac pen for stabbing notes and writing attackers

I love mine, only thing that is lacking is the clip attachment, doesn't have any meat for the screws to grip in to. Mine got caught and bent upwards, had to bend it back and now it wiggles side to side. Going to email S&W to try to get a replacement.

what do you all do with your knives anyway

Kill bums....

Most of the time I use my multi-tool for small fixes if I don't want to go to my car for stuff. Other times I use my small knife for opening packages, cutting open bags/boxes for work, miscellaneous cutting tasks. My big blades are reserved for SHTF emergency situations.

I used to use my Assist 5-6 times a week when I was working on an ambulance for cutting clothes/seatbelts off people. Used it once to break a window to gain access to a patient and I literally couldn't wait, and having that knife on me with a glass punch possibly saved her life (unconscious, not breathing). Was also one of the few trauma code patients that I've saved.

^those are cool cuz they're modular but i think they get pricey as fck..

i don't see what the obsession with a tactical pen is tbh, the ability to fight with a pen is near one of the last things i consider when buying a pen.

with that said my sharbo is all brass construction and it might be able to do some damage iono :confused:

that one only serves purpose as a blunt force weapon at best... the one I have can at the very least be a last ditch alternative. Stab and get the fuck outta there scenario. basically I like that fact and it looks cool. plus I didn't pay for it which makes it all the better :)

:( to it being a snap/click and not a threaded cap. I really like the shape, milling, and knurling on the new ones.

yeah... it has a slight wiggle on the cap when fitted. that's the only problem i have with it... and the fact it writes better without the cap on the end.

amidoinitrite?

lol no

edc update

edc2076.jpg

couple things added - nalgene with firefly cap - turns it into a lantern!

iphone for music

pelican pen flashlight

fisher space pen and modded zebra f701

updated keychain as well

edc2078.jpg

If anyone is planning on getting a pocket shark as an edc sharpie.. DONT because its fucking huge as you can kidn of see in the back of the picture.

I like that S&W with the knurling on it more. I believe it goes by the Military and Police model. I would rather have screw on cap than snap on, but the snap on has one plus; it snaps on the back when writing. But hell, i can assume that most people are NOT going to be using this as their main pen anyway and are going to stick to their own preferred pens.

Although it doesn't screw on, if you put the cap on the end it's not going anywhere. I can literally whip it around and it doesn't fly off. The taper of the pen just holds it on there very securely.

Might be taking off my crkt peck from my keychain and putting something bigger on there, I'm thinking a native, might be too big though.