edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

oh no, i agree with you, the atwoods as tools are pretty good.. i just don't like how they become "collectibles" first and tools second. people buggin out over a titanium anodized shotglass or something cmon..

This is a longshot, but can anyone name the all black knife third from the right?

MiscBlurb2.jpg

Or can anyone recommend me a similair small-ish all black folding knife? I've checked out gerber but I can't really find one that appeals to me like the above-mentioned one. Thanks.

Yeah, I'd probably say its a Byrd by the opening hole, plus there's another spyderco on the block. The Byrd is being used as a keychain knife. The cara cara and meadlowlark brane posted seem to be the only Byrds that come in black, and they also seem to have a couple of small differences.

Basically, I have no idea what it is exactly. But, if you want a decent, cheap knife, and that one appeals to you, check out the two Byrds Brane posted.

oh no, i agree with you, the atwoods as tools are pretty good.. i just don't like how they become "collectibles" first and tools second. people buggin out over a titanium anodized shotglass or something cmon..
I'm with you on that one. That floor-full of atwoods picture someone posted a while ago was just ridiculous

do you prefer heavier/bulkier blades? i used to, but now i prefer slimmer knives.

I was actually going to make a post about this.

For about 90-95% of my knife needs I use my crkt peck, which is a whopping 1.5" blade. I do this because it's a cheap blade/knife, but holds an edge well and has a small tip and overall slim blade, so I can get a lot of use out of it, and deploy it with one hand and close with one hand. This has been on my keychain for 6+ years and I love it.

If I need a bigger blade, I use my leatherman juice s2, but this has limited uses as because it's a slipjoint (non-locking) so my leatherman us mostly used for the pliers and screwdrivers, the blade is a bonus.

If i need heavy cutting, I use my Spyderco Assist. I can slash through pretty much anything, and can cut rope like a maniac, but has its limits because of the blunt tip (primarily designed to cut off seatbelts and clothes, which it does both very well) My only gripe about this blade and handle is it's fat. I carry it IWB (inside waist band) because I hate telegraphing to everyone that I have a blade in my pocket and sometimes it can be a bit cumbersome, other times i literally forget its there.

I wanted a manix2 because it just feels unreal in your hand, the ergonomics, jimping, choil, blade shape and grind are all perfect. I missed out on the s90v carbon fiber, so i had to snag the blue g10 one.

peck

crktpeck1.jpg

assist

sp79psbk1.jpg

what are you carrying now a days ken

i was carrying my g10 delica a few days back, but lately i've just been carrying my victorinox cadet i have on my keys, which is good for the simple tasks i need. i also use my kingdom armory mini ant for other tasks.

if anyone is interested, i have a mint stainless spyderco kiwi for $40 shipped

kiwi_01.jpg

blade is off center closed, but doesn't affect the knife whatsoever. lock-up is solid.

it's nice, slim, light and fits anywhere you want it to.

here's my retarded video from a few months back.

MAPfg_UGl2w

Here is a long video in which I drone on and on about the items which I carried with me during the Olympics. Wildstyle asked for a review of the Kor One water bottle, which takes up the first few minutes. I realized after that I never emptied my pockets and didn't show my wallet, Skeletool, matching cameras (used for doing stereo shots) or the pile of loonies and toonies for emergency change. At any rate, sorry the video, and this explanation, is so long.

Hj-mWRYn2tg

That bottle looks like it could pop open at anytime though if you attach it to something by it's handle, which is what a lot of people do with their nalgenes. Is that the case?

The bottle snaps shut and is very solid - I have never had it open on me without pressing the button.