edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

i am looking for an outdoors/hiking/camping fixed blade knife. i am in love with the strider db in form and overall design, i just cant swing that much money. I know it isnt REALLY an EDC but could you guys help me out with finding something similar?

look into RAT cutlery. great knives for the money.

EDC gear is meant to be carried and used.

You spend money on quality gear to be used -- form usually follows function. That knife costs a lot because it uses premium materials and engineering that make it a good utility blade. The fact that it's a beautiful knife just results from the skill of the designer.

It kinda disappoints me to see EDC gear as something "trendy" or something you stick into your pockets to get fades -- that's not what they're for. :(

It reminds me of people a few years ago stressing about how to wear their jeans and when to wash, etc. Jeans are jeans and they're meant to be worn, so wear them. Same with EDC.. :|

Oh yeah, I totally understand that. I've just been around bladeforums A LOT lately and I was just hoping people were not going to start COLLECTING 300$ knifes ya know?

I do own a 940 and couldn't be happier with it! I hope you guys beat the shit out of those knives!

Keep us updating about how durable these knives are.

I have to admit I can't imagine owning some pearl handled, unobtanium inlaid work-of-art knife. While I can appreciate the artistry in something like that, for me the real appeal lies in a knife's utilitarian functionality...

So yeah, all my knives get used hard. At those high $$$, you do generally get fantastic quality, ruggedness & great warranties.

But when you factor in that $9 of that is from shipping, it's ridiculous.. 1/3 of the cost in shipping? Your best bet would be to pick up other stuff from cunty cum to justify the rape but that's a trap in itself.

i would check for group buy threads on cpfmarketplace or something to reduce shipping cost, but it might take a while..

edit: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=197673

i think he's not taking orders tho

EDC gear is meant to be carried and used...

It kinda disappoints me to see EDC gear as something "trendy" or something you stick into your pockets to get fades -- that's not what they're for. :(:|

it could very well be that this is a function of the narrow definition of edc items. edc as a culture grew out of the needs of off duty leo, military personal, and the day to day demands of working as an emt.

Everyday carry (EDC) refers to various items, usually small, that are worn or carried by a person on a daily basis for use in everyday tasks from the mundane to the unexpected.

given that people have such different day to day lives, both the mundane tasks and unexpected events that their edc must cater for also vary wildly.

Guest forest

4421871006_26758aa122_o.jpg

one BIC pen

UNI SILVER PAINT PEN

flask

9mm bullet

comm lighter

matches

keys with bottle openers

bees wax

back channel pouch

Marlboro reds

wallet with metal and leather chains

(need a knife,flash light)

it could very well be that this is a function of the narrow definition of edc items. edc as a culture grew out of the needs of off duty leo, military personal, and the day to day demands of working as an emt.

given that people have such different day to day lives, both the mundane tasks and unexpected events that their edc must cater for also vary wildly.

i agree with this, did my previous post say otherwise? :confused::(:o

i agree with this, did my previous post say otherwise? :confused::(:o

not at all. sorry if my post read as argumentative not my intention at all.

my edc consists of

cabane de zucca wallet

ghetto nokia phone

nikon d40

one prime lens [out of 35mm f 2 | 50mm f1.8 | 85mm f 2]

11.6" netbook

moleskine reporter

bic pen

camel wides

lighter

cullmann 50011 tripod

nikon ml-l3 infrared remote

since the addition of the netbook i am looking for a new edc bag, as i have outgrown my maxpedition fatboy, and my gear feels a little exposed in a canvas rogan for target shopping tote.

i would like a shoulder/crossbody bag as a backpack would often look out of place with what i wear, any suggestions for the smallest bag that would fit everything would be greatly appreciated.

kinda wanting a new pen. i know a lot of you are pen addicts, etc. i currently have a montblanc fountain pen (dont edc because its a fountain), a koh-i-noor rapidomatic (dont edc as much because im too lazy to go and buy ink, plus its constructed out of plastic) and tons of quite decent disposables that i've amassed over the years.

so here are my wants:

-preferably metal (aluminum, etc) body. can be plastic, but very robust.

-refillable! love fountain pens and my rapidograph because they are refillable.

-non cartridge refills. dislike having to find cartridges.

anyone know any pens that fit this criteria?

if not, i'll probably just stick with my rapidograph. I get the feeling it isnt widely known or just not widely used. Its a technical pen with a full size range of replaceable nibs. Screw on cap, nice ink chamber. Only flaw is the full plastic body. It wouldnt be so bad if there were parts of the pen mechanism throughout the body to sort of give it a little more strength, but the whole pen, including ink chamber is in probably the top 1/4 of the entire pen, leaving the rest a hollow plastic tube. I've already broke one. Not fun when theyre $30 each.

EDIT: oh and also, someone repped a previous post of mine where i stated i was waiting on two XE6's and someone asked why TWO of them. Im waiting on two because i won an auction for a set of two on ebay for a nice price. so yeah. probably going to leave one in the car.

lamy safaris are around $25 and very well built. pelikans write real nice and holds a lot of ink, but the design and construction isn't as nice IMO. there is a new pelikan design at jetpens i'd like to check out.

recommended sites:

jetpens.com

shopwritersbloc.com

hmm, do you know any that arent fountain nibs? I was considering the safari and the al-star before because it seems that they are pretty popular and the al-star has got the aluminum body, but I was holding out for something with a regular nib because im mostly going to be using this for notes.

they both come in rollerball versions as well and can be found at shopwritersbloc:

http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/pelikan-pelikano-rollerball-pen-r458.html

you might also be interested in these super edc kaweco pens:

http://www.shopwritersbloc.com/kaweco.html

and since you mentioned you hate cartridges, you can modify the kaweco pens into eyedroppers. i have done this with my rollerball and noodler's ink and it works great. you NEED the silicone and you can find it at shopwritersbloc, too--just do a search for silicone.

Page_1_1.jpg

Hmm, both seem not bad. Okay, just to see if I understand both correctly.

The pelikano will work with the ink converter out of the box.

And with the Kaweco, instead of using ink cartridges you refill the body of the pen with ink? and the silicon grease is so that the ink doesnt dry up and get stuck in the body threads?

Pelikano seems easier, but i wish they atleast offered it in a black or gray or white or non-colored body. Plus more expensive than Kaweko route.

and the Kaweko looks nice + is a little cheaper than pelikano plus ink converter + nice and compact, but you have to do some DIY ink refilling. Also, clip costs extra.

le sigh.

thank you very much for these suggestions. both look very good. I think i'll take a long hard think on them though, as refillable pens are a long term commitment. :)

not at all. sorry if my post read as argumentative not my intention at all.

my edc consists of

cabane de zucca wallet

ghetto nokia phone

nikon d40

one prime lens [out of 35mm f 2 | 50mm f1.8 | 85mm f 2]

11.6" netbook

moleskine reporter

bic pen

camel wides

lighter

cullmann 50011 tripod

nikon ml-l3 infrared remote

since the addition of the netbook i am looking for a new edc bag, as i have outgrown my maxpedition fatboy, and my gear feels a little exposed in a canvas rogan for target shopping tote.

i would like a shoulder/crossbody bag as a backpack would often look out of place with what i wear, any suggestions for the smallest bag that would fit everything would be greatly appreciated.

You might like the Rapha Musette. The style would work for you and all occasions, high durability, and the gusseted sides will fit quite a bit for the size.

Nice. I'm planning waxed cotton more neo-avante bags w/in the next 6-months along these lines, though a little less 'proper.'