edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

That Sebenza is beautiful. Aight, here's my pocket dump:

pocketdump.jpg

l-r: cheap G-Shock, MetroPCS phone, old benz key, tiger key, iamakey usb drive, Utili-Key, Streamlight nano, spy capsule 2x w/ money + drugs, Spyderco Bug, lucky green card case. My plan is to keep the Bug knife and swap the utili-key for an Atwood prybaby, get a better keychain and put everything on McGizmo clips, and replace the Streamlight with a more substantial pushbutton light.

damn, ya'll, didn't know carrying things e'rday was such a phenomenon. here is the stuff i lug in pockets on a regular basis. tough in miami where we have no outerwear with extra pockets. sometimes some of it goes into a backpack if i'm going to school or whatnot.

P1070474.jpg

contents include: paul smith pos fall-apart wallet (notables include: card magnifying glass, metropass, id, moneys, discount cards, lucky $2 bill), htc touch diamond, kiehl's balm, endura 4 wave, access to top secret buildings, keys and more easy access, planner, cheap old school wannabe casio, ipod, moleskin, folding wayfarers (w/ optional pink croakies), cheap fountain pen. novis: lumix lx-3 with taiwanese adaptor tube, UV filter, hood and cap, invisibleshield, joby and OE strap.

gonna upgrade some of this edc stuff with the bling on this thread. torch seems like a great touch as do the stainless or ti tool/self defense nuggets. also, haiti deal got me thinking about preparedness and i am prob. gonna cop a firearm/cc permit and some general survival stuff soon, too. never can be too prepared.

yeah, besides my macbook pro (around $2000), backpack ($100) and old ass phone ($450 - too much, but I bought it new w/no contract. it's been good, coming up on 4 years now) the most expensive was surprisingly the JDR Pryrahna coming in at $71. I guess cuz it was Ti.

But I've been seeing some nice headphones posted. Them shits ain't cheap.

What's the most expensive EDC item you guys own, out of curiosity? My Titanium Quark was still only $82 shipped... D:

Iphone is my most expensive. I don't carry my macbook with me everyday. Etymotic earphones are up there as well as ipod, billykirk wallet, platinum grad ring, watch... the cheapest thing on that list is $150... my grandpa's world war 2 knife, now that is priceless.

Hey ken, what exactly is the appeal of a strider knife? Just from the fact sheets, they don't look much different than lets say, an emerson comrade, but sell for double the price.

I personally haven't handled one so I can't figure out why they sell for $500. Is there anything really special about them that can justify the pricetag?

i don't know what striders you're looking at, but sng is 400... got it for lower... nothing wrong with a used strider, because strider offers you a lifetime warranty with no questions asked, as long as you haven't done any modifications that affects performance.

i used my sng to pry an abalone out its shell. worked great. just an overall beater/tank folder.

i'm not a fan of emersons... my cqc14 had problems with the lock, i sent it back for a fix and received it with the same problem. never had to send my sng back, but i bet it'll come back better than ever. i do love the sweater though.

i have a small sebenza 21 and i love it. i'm hoping to pick up a large plain one. i don't like the inlay designs. i wish it came with flatgrind though.

lol now that i think about it, my watch and shure se530s were about 180 each new, but those don't come to mind when i think of "EDC" first.. i was thinking more like tools/flashlights/knives/etc

I want to know how often you guys actually need a wrench type tool like what Atwood makes.

Just got these today in the mail.

Rubis (CNC'd and coated) and Malteser (gold plated)

IMG_2166.jpg

Confession: I don't need tweezers nearly as much as i use clippers, and those clippers are ridiculous. The design allows it to be completely flat, you flip one end and the entire thing opens up and one end is a clipper and the other is a file and pick.

I think those are overkill, it takes up four times the amount of room as the Malteser and does exactly the same thing. I'm also not sure how sharp the blades are on those and they don't come with picks or a file.

Why EDC nail clippers though? Cutting your nails seems to be something that you have more control over, since you can monitor how long your nails are and whatever.. Can't think of an instance when I suddenly thought "I need to cut my nails right now!"

in a pinch I guess scissors and nail file on my vic manager would suffice though..

Why EDC nail clippers though? Cutting your nails seems to be something that you have more control over, since you can monitor how long your nails are and whatever.. Can't think of an instance when I suddenly thought "I need to cut my nails right now!"

in a pinch I guess scissors and nail file on my vic manager would suffice though..

This is what's really interesting about EDC to me.. everybody has their own essential items.

Never in my entire life have i needed a flashlight, and i'm pretty close to sure that i've never really been in dire need of a knife.

I bite my nails and have been doing so since i was a kid, it's not a good habit. I like to keep my nails and cuticles nice and tidy. I don't carry around the clippers on a daily basis but if i'm traveling (and i travel quite a bit) then i have to travel with clippers because i have a fear of being without ciippers when i need them.

^ Ah, the nailbiting part is a good point. I agree with keeping nails clean though.. I find dirty fingernails much more gross than.. unwashed denim. For that I use the flathead driver/nailfile part of my Victorinox Manager. The tweezers are also good at pulling out random facial hairs that I miss after a shave or something.

#supergay #edc