edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Simple carry as of late.

IMG_0933.png

Those hydroflasks look good. I've been needing a good water bottle. I'll probably grab a 40 sometime this week.

baller ass CF sharbo son B)

funk: HOOK IT UP FAM

dang, funk. we basically have the same keyboard and mouse.

good choices! although my g9 is fucking up lately. i've had to like smack the mouse onto the desk because sometimes it'd just becoming unresponsive. it isn't dust or anything on the laser, it's weird.

and fuck, as i was giving the girls down the hall from my owrk their orders, a customer walked into their gallery and now i gotta make 2 more. haha.

I got the County Comm Embassy in SS V2 yesterday and after using it all day I figured I would throw up some pictures.

I want to start off by saying im a huge space pen fan. I think they write well enough for me quality wise, the normal bullet pens are light and small and you can find the refills everywhere.I have wanted to get an embassy pen for a while and when the Rev2's came out last week I jumped on it.

Initial thoughts: Damn is it heavy. I mean I knew it wouldn't be light but this is one hunk of stainless. To say the least, I love it.

Writing wise, its a typical space pen. Smooth writing and it feels even nicer with some weight behind it. All in all it writes like you would expect from a SP.

Construction wise, CountyComm moved away from the O ring design of making it water proof. supposedly it is still waterproof but the only O ring in it is behind the ink cartridge. It has a nice thick stainless pocket clip with 2 stainless screws holding it down. It felt nice and secure on my pants pocket. The knurling on this is really nice as well. Whoever machined these did a fantastic job. Or so I thought. This brings me to the only thing that I dont like about the pen which I have tried to illustrate with good old MS Paint.

The cap threads and the threads on the body do not match up well. once the cap is all the way in, there are only approx 1 1/4 turns till it is tight. as you can see from the threads on the body of the pen, there should be WAY more than a little over one turn of the cap.

Is this a deal breaker? not really. the cap still stays on nice and tight and the rest of the pen still functions well. I wish the cap was held on by a little more thread but this IS stainless. Im not worried about jacking up the threads. Now maybe if this was the Al model I might consider sending it back to CC with a cap that is only held on with one twist of threads.

Here are some pictures with weight comparisons and also the illustration of the threads.

DSC_0151.jpg

Weight of a TAD fisher space pen. 19.4 grams

DSC_0148.jpg

Weight of my Hinderer XM-18 3.5 flipper. 181.4 grams

DSC_0149.jpg

And now the CC Embasy. I could not get Just the pen to register so I had to do both the XM and the Embassy and then subtract the XM. 136.1 grams on just the embassy. Just a little under my XM...

DSC_0150.jpg

Exploded view.

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

And an illistration of the thread problems. In the bubble it says: "threads inside cap are about here."

DSC_0154.jpg

i like my cc embassy pen, i just wish you could screw or attach the cap to the back of the pen when in use.....

I didnt buy one for the longest time because of that. Then I watched the countycomm video and the guy explained why he did that and he is right. "when someone asks to use your pen and you hand them the pen but YOU keep the cap, They are less likely to walk off with your pen."

Got to admit he is right... and in my line of work im always borrowing pens.

ha! never heard that before.....but if someone asks you to borrow a pen i guess you need to remember to unscrew the cap first for that idea to be effective. i would assume most people just hand the pen over if someone asks someone to borrow it.....

whatever, still waiting for my first chance to use the pen as a striking tool

You're worried about people taking your pen when you're carrying an XM18? You're doing it wrong bro.

If someone tries to take anything from me the last thing im pulling out is the XM. wouldnt want to get my blade bloodied up. Im reaching for my FN FiveSeven with the hollow points...

You're worried about people taking your pen when you're carrying an XM18? You're doing it wrong bro.
If someone tries to take anything from me the last thing im pulling out is the XM. wouldnt want to get my blade bloodied up. Im reaching for my FN FiveSeven with the hollow points...
So the head can break off like funkdoobi's?

LOL what are you talking about. I never said anything about a flashlight. I said FiveSeven, not 4sevens. HUGE difference between the 2...

ps i am assuming you are azn cause all people on the internetz are....including royalefatale....

royalefatale is some anglo as fuqq white boy

and i hate edc in the context of self defense cuz it just brings the worst discussions possible

inb4 supreme kermit skate deck