Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

I'm not planning on ordering mine for a while just for this specific reason. The longer they sit around, the harder its gonna be to not soak them.

I feel like if we had firmed up a start date before anyone ordered we wouldn't have this problem.

My jeans are here! Nothing anybody's not seen before, but I'll get some pics up soon. Cultizm has to be the best internet business I've ever dealt with. The prices are great, the guys are super cool, and the stuff arrives fast.

I'm open to any date. November, January, or even if you really want to wait for the FC contest. An LVC contest would make sense for those guys, with the large variety of vintage cuts to pick and choose from.

But really I'm down for whatever. With a 1.5-2 year contest, a few months either way wouldn't kill it for me.

For those that care,

I just got my 1947's tagged 36x36.

They actually measured 18.25 inches in the waist....so a little over the tagged size and definitely not 1 inch undersized...looks like I'll be having to exchange = (.

yikes!

you should repost this in the LVC thread.

^

Will do.

A 35 pre-soak would ideal, but I could definitely squeeze a pre-soak measured 34 if I have to.

I'm just worried that this 36 was an aberration and I'll end up with a tagged 34 that measures 33. That would be pushing it size wise for me.

Why oh why does lvc have to such ludicrous and nonsensical sizing?

Oh well, I guess sizing debacles come with the lvc territory.

Just got my 37's, and much like everyone else, they showed up less than 48 hours after ordering them. To Canada...that's awsome.

For the record, my 37's also came with the 501 book and bag.

Edit: Holy shit these are huge. What kind of shrinkage can I expect from these?

Also, the Cultizm website says these are 12oz, but the little book says 10oz (12oz after wash). What exactly does that mean?

Just got my 37's, and much like everyone else, they showed up less than 48 hours after ordering them. To Canada...that's awsome.

For the record, my 37's also came with the 501 book and bag.

Edit: Holy shit these are huge. What kind of shrinkage can I expect from these?

Also, the Cultizm website says these are 12oz, but the little book says 10oz (12oz after wash). What exactly does that mean?

they shrink a pretty good amount, mine seemed like they were going to be outrageous, but looked fine after the first hot soak.

what does size did you get and what do they measure? I didn't measure my 37s when I got them (which i regret) but my brother's pair are 'R' stamped and measured 1/2" larger than tagged size. 37s should apparently run true to size more recently.

the 10oz -12oz discrepancy comes from raw ounces vs. washed ounces. since the fabric shrinks so much they become 12 ounces heavier per square yard. cultizm is just listing the post wash weight and not the raw weight.

They measure about 17-17.5 across, so around 34/35 inches. They are tagged 33.

I thought I could do better with sizing seeing as this is my 3rd pair of LVC, but the other two (47's tagged 34 and 55's tagged 32) are apparently both major anomalies when it comes to sizing, so damn my luck. I figured that since the 47's are undersized and the 55's oversized, 33 would hit the spot.

Also, it's stamped 1170 on the top button if that means anything.

Now I wish the contest would start even sooner, so I can hot soak these overnight and figure out if they'll fit or not.

They measure about 17-17.5 across, so around 34/35 inches. They are tagged 33.

I thought I could do better with sizing seeing as this is my 3rd pair of LVC, but the other two (47's tagged 34 and 55's tagged 32) are apparently both major anomalies when it comes to sizing, so damn my luck. I figured that since the 47's are undersized and the 55's oversized, 33 would hit the spot.

Also, it's stamped 1170 on the top button if that means anything.

Now I wish the contest would start even sooner, so I can hot soak these overnight and figure out if they'll fit or not.

well that sucks...I can't believe the whole sizing issue thing. Its so ridiculous. Hopefully all of this will change next year when LVC is run by the much smaller organization "XX".

What was your target measurement? you may still be able to reach it.

well that sucks...I can't believe the whole sizing issue thing. Its so ridiculous. Hopefully all of this will change next year when LVC is run by the much smaller organization "XX".

+1

The shrink to tagged size seems to be a surefire way to avoid unncessary confusion, but this logic has thus far failed to catch with the lvc people.

I agree, we need to set the date ASAP.

agreed. it would motivate people who were on the fence imo.

For those that care,

I just got my 1947's tagged 36x36.

They actually measured 18.25 inches in the waist....so a little over the tagged size and definitely not 1 inch undersized...looks like I'll be having to exchange = (.

just received my 47 36x38's yesterday. they are much larger than i expected. mine measure 36 exactly. like mr. schlott, i was hoping for a 35 pre-soak. my sz 34's were definitely slightly under 34 pre-saok and shrank quite a bit overall, but these seem extraordinarily huge. thinking they will be sent back. believe i may be out of options--no other lvcs that i think would work for me. 37's are tempting, but i'm guessing that the leg opening would be too large for my taste

Anyone have any experience with LVC's stretching capabilities?

Are they like most Japanese denim in that they will usually stretch back out to close to pre-soak?

I'm too lazy to search the LVC thread....

yes, they will stretch very easily if you want them to.

@ josh mullen

If you're looking for a 35 waist and you've got a 36 raw...then you have the right pair. They will easily shrink to a 34 and stretch to a 35.

if you wash often they will stay shrunk tho, is this right?

yeah, the longer you go between washes the more they are going to stretch. I've never had a problem with a pair stretching too much but you can always do periodical soaks to control stretching; and some people suggest wearing a belt prevents stretch in the waist.

yes, they will stretch very easily if you want them to.

@ josh mullen

If you're looking for a 35 waist and you've got a 36 raw...then you have the right pair. They will easily shrink to a 34 and stretch to a 35.

agreed, but they wont shrink enough elsewhere. plus, these will stretch quite a bit. i'd like them to be 35 pre-soak, shrink down to 33, then stretch to 36. this is certainly doable--i've had three pairs of 47's and they all stretched. i'm not sure what exactly to do. emailed the good people at cultizm and Dejan informed me that all of the 47's will be sized about the same. maybe, like eternal 811's, the sizing on 47's gets a little strange once you've gotten up to 36-40 range.

i never understood how wearing a belt prevents stretching, but i guess it cant hurt. im not to worried about the stretching since i tend to wash my jeans quite often..

I'm pretty sure that periodical soaks (not washes) will keep your Jean well fitting, the best way to avoid undesired stretching imo. Btw, it's also a kind of vintage use that breathes life into your denim.

Uh, and back to topic. A starting date before 2010 would be helpful imo, at least for me ;)

For those who were wondering, the first post clearly shows the number of participants who have already ordered and are definitely in.

There are still a number of people who are liasing with me via pm and email, trying to decide their size. I did not add their name to the list, as some have stopped replying after I sent them a whole bunch of measurements who I assume have dropped out.

It is nobody's responsibility to find participants cloudshand. Originally we were asked to provide the jeans at a discount, which we did with free shipping. We then decided to offer to sponsor prizes if there are 20 participants or more. I have been asking some at mynudies if they were interested in joining too.

Btw my LVC 1947 didn't come with any books bags or extra stuff, only jeans and some tags with a mini booklet smaller than the Nudie one.

With the speed that Cultizm turns around product, I'd suggest a Nov 1 start date. That's little less than a month and a half to round up 11 more contestants.

It is a good idea to have a goal in mind. If need be we can re-evaluate closer to the date, based on numbers.

@Joe - fit pics are coming! Will be posted on Saturday.

cross posted for those in this thread that maybe interested in either of these

1947 1yr 8months

3932428794_e6f6d361c8.jpg

big: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/3932428794_e6f6d361c8_b.jpg

1937 8 months in rotation

3932418164_4d4994b684.jpg

big: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/3932418164_4d4994b684_b.jpg

theres some more in the LVC thread.

LVCs are slow faders, but they end up lookin great.

Glad to know they fit you well, post some fit pics ;)

Alright Joe, because YOU asked, I put the jeans on ONLY to take fit pics.

These are my 1967 505's, size 32 x 36. For reference, I am 6' / 183cm, 175lbs / 79kg. I also have relatively large thighs and don't really fit typically "slim" jeans very well.

3935042794_c07d33b8bc.jpg

3935045064_7378165fd0.jpg

Forgot to mention also, that the grand total for these jeans to come from Cultizm to Calgary was $164 CAD. Join this contest - if for nothing else - a crazy deal on a great pair of jeans.

My pre-soak must have the record for most hip flare of all time...but the waist fits tight so I'm thinking they'll be fine post-soak. Pleaseeeee let me soak! I promise not to wear! ;)

Last minute trip to Chicago tomorrow btw...gonna pack along my pair just in case we decide to start ;)