Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

100_0226.jpg

100_0227.jpg

alright, this is my two month update- as you can see, very little wear at all because it's summertime, and it's been at least 25+degrees/90%+ humidity every day since december, so i'll be waiting till it cools down some before these get much more loving. i know that puts me at a disadvantage, but this is a long comp, said the tortoise to the hare...

no updates to report, no washings, alterations etc.

chicago(year round wear)

Year round wear? Canada can compete with that!

BTW Medine, business brings me to Chicago for St. Patrick's Day... I hear there might be a party or two in that city. Lookin' forward to it!

ha! honestly, it hasn't really crossed my mind while i've been sprawled out on the beach. i think i'd prefer to be able to swim in the ocean for nine months of the year ;)

LOL!

I completely agree. I'd gladly trade 365 days / year of wearing denim, to live on a beach in Aus.

I would say I'm jealous dave, but I'm coming home to Oz in like ten days, haha. Not really worried about not being able to wear the jeans every day, I'm more sad that I pretty much won't be able to wear my Red Wings for like 6 months.

nonsense, i just bought two more pairs (8146 and 3140) of redwings in the past fortnight, so i don't think it ever gets too hot to wear boots- harden up, sunshine :D

just kidding mate ;) i will say tho that 14oz denim is another question altogether :eek:

I was able to use a nice camera today and there is some good light coming through the windows.

Back of the jeans:

feb_lvc5.jpg

Close up on back pocket - I like how the tag fade is coming along!

feb_lvc4.jpg

The top of the zipper is getting some wear, this photo makes it look much brighter and pronounced than it actually is but I liked the photo

feb_lvc3.jpg

Leg opening

feb_lvc2.jpg

and finally no real fading on the combs yet, but I think they will come along nicely with some more time

feb_lvc1.jpg

feb_lvc.jpg

Year round wear? Canada can compete with that!

BTW Medine, business brings me to Chicago for St. Patrick's Day... I hear there might be a party or two in that city. Lookin' forward to it!

lol yea there are a few parties in Chicago, hell they even turn the river green!

@runnormal- man your pair is coming along very nicely, fadings pretty progressive for 2 months

Thanks, yeah I am really stoked with how they are coming along! I have been helping to move a back office and I think that has given them a decent beating over the past few weeks, lol. And in all fairness the light/camera makes the contrast look a bit more pronounced than they look under gray rainy skies like this morning...

I'm a bit disappointed about the thread quality on my 47's. The backpocket stitchings seem to come loose more and more. Ok, wabisabi 4 the win, but that early?

are you talking about the arcuate stitching? or the actual stitching that hold the pocket onto the back of the jeans? If its the latter I've never had that happen to me before...even with a pair that is 2 years old.

are you talking about the arcuate stitching? or the actual stitching that hold the pocket onto the back of the jeans? If its the latter I've never had that happen to me before...even with a pair that is 2 years old.

Sorry, I was talking about the arcuate stitching. It's not a big thing, but I didn't expect this that early.

I can feel you dr.house but i think that what attracted me to this whole dry denim thing.

on the other note, to witness a pair of jeans you wear gone bad, thrashed and watch evey stich frails it makes me happy. if you think about it no other garment will provide you with such experince

he was swissfuckingwatch but im not sure what his new name because his account got messed up.

I had a chat with him thru PM the other day ,he said he'll post about it as soon as he received it. Apparently he didnt even know he won the the lottery. Dude just realised it when i posted about it last month if im correct..