black denim?

sneakeraddict

i've also been looking for black raw denim to work on, or to just keep raw and wear when i want to look a little more formal.

is there anything like apc new standards? i love the fit of them and i really want the back pockets to be just like apc, in other words, completely plain.

any suggestions?

i've also been looking for black raw denim to work on, or to just keep raw and wear when i want to look a little more formal.

is there anything like apc new standards? i love the fit of them and i really want the back pockets to be just like apc, in other words, completely plain.

any suggestions?

Hmm, for breaking in and fading, there are only a few black jeans I would recommend.

Samurai S5000bk

Fullcount 1474, indigo with black overdye

Ironheart, indigo & black overdyed

Black overdyed 45rpm's

the fullcounts are the closest to the new standards in fit. The backpockets dont look the same though. They are the same fit as the 1108's, there have been pics posted here of them.

Of course there are also the black overdyed new standards, maybe those will fade too.

Hmm, for breaking in and fading, there are only a few black jeans I would recommend.

Samurai S5000bk

Fullcount 1474, indigo with black overdye

Ironheart, indigo & black overdyed

Black overdyed 45rpm's

the fullcounts are the closest to the new standards in fit. The backpockets dont look the same though. They are the same fit as the 1108's, there have been pics posted here of them.

Of course there are also the black overdyed new standards, maybe those will fade too.

how about denime 66 black?

^ yeah, i was thinking about mentioning it. it's one of the first, if not the first, black denim where they intentionally left the middle of the warp thread white, so that it could achieve fading like the blue counterparts. (until then, the black denim had the warp dyed black all the way through, so when they faded, they just looked grayish. not fun.)

plus, at the price of ¥14,800, it's not quite under $100, but it's still might be a deal to consider.

did the S5000BK's come out yet? i'm selling a few pairs and am now deciding on either a pair of those or somets....

any recommendations? I'm looking for a cut similar to SD 103's...

They will start shipping them out August 10 - can't wait!

• 3 months later...

Are black sugarcanes still available? The link earlier in the thread doesn't work. Does anyone have ANY experience with them.

I love my 47 canes. Are the black canes the same cut?

• 2 months later...

I picked up the Iron Heart 634S-B last weekend, I'm really liking them, my first pair of black raw... these are overdyed, is it ok to soak them? I want the inseam to shrink up maybe an inch or 2, the waist is tight already so I plan to just take a bath in them... hopefully it wouldn't make my bathtub black afterward...

I like the fit a lot too, I will take some pics for the "How Jeans Fit" thread later this week...

as usual, some pics...

366657969_38c1833307_d.jpg

366658463_ffbc578424_d.jpg

366658741_51f5ab31c2_d.jpg

366659021_c687d31bac_d.jpg

366659399_104d494753_d.jpg

366659698_7c13048036_d.jpg

366659982_bf1d413f4a_d.jpg

366660237_7275f09ddb_d.jpg

366660645_16667a2049_d.jpg

366660865_0236859027_d.jpg

Ayn, youve been buying lots!!! Those Iron hearts are very nice too and really blacky blue, lovely..... The onis in recent purchases are so nice too, id really like a pair with the handstitched levi acurate but I guess thats not going to happen now....

You may want to make sure you have some Bath cleaner with bleach, my sammies left a black line around the tub.

Nice pick ups.

you can still get those Oni's, call BiG and check with them... they don't have any in 29 last time I checked (when their site was still up)... i'm sure you can order from rakuten... I have more shit coming in from Japan...

need to stop by Safeway to pick up some bath cleaner with bleach... haha...

Damn Ayn, sooo jealous. I guess that's what the SExIH will look like. I'm definately looking to pick those up. Maybe you want to invest in a cheapy baby tub from those asian 99 cent stores to soak them in. I did that with my raws, and it saves water!

dude that's a really good idea... will wait til this weekend to do that then... stop by one of those weird stores on Stockln that sells all kinds of weird shit like baby bath tubs, haha...

damn, ayn, what else do you have in the pipeline?

Fullcount 1108 and Jomons (whenever 2000dB ships them to me)... the thing is, I had planned to get the Jomons as my next "project", after the 19cm's. Then this whole Levi's thing is making me getting everything that I had always liked and had planned to cop one by one when I need new jeans (that used to be like 3 times every 2 years)... I think between tangerine, digital and I we will have like most of the jeans we can think of... :)

I would've waited for the SExIH blacks, but I needed something black for an event with black&white dress code... :D