running shoes

kunk75

My brooks are hidious. They're designed to please the masses, you know.

Don't compromise on quality. It all depends on how your feet land, what kind of support you need in the sole, etc. They made me run through the shop, and videotaped it. Then I had to look at myself running in slow motion. Not a happy sight. But the shoes they gave me compensate for my silly walk.

I've got a pair of Brooks trance, pretty happy with them. Ascics kayanos also be good. But best thing to do is go to a running speacilist store, they usually have all kinds of shit like foot imprint machines, video analysis etc. Also most running shoes look pretty lairy when new, but after a fee weeks of running outside, they all turn the same shade of grey.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Raf-Simons-Footwear/Raf-Simons-Sneaker/invt/raf0112blk

... all you Kunk :P

But yeah, pretty much every shoe company that makes runners makes really awful looking ones and some that are half-decent....just have to do a lot of shopping around until you find something that'll do.

Ehh I hate adidas for runners...stupid cushioning is too mushy.

Nikes are good if you get the zoom air bowerman series...but I'm a slim dude so full length max air would be better. Just dont gfet shox, the tech is just a gimmick.

I recommend frees if you're doing mid-distance running since they really work the muscles in the lower leg.

if they had a 46, might actually kop for post ironic lulz factor. will probably get the pegasus. had air max 360 but they stunk so my wife tossed them

http://www.oki-ni.com/Raf-Simons-Footwear/Raf-Simons-Sneaker/invt/raf0112blk

... all you Kunk :P

But yeah, pretty much every shoe company that makes runners makes really awful looking ones and some that are half-decent....just have to do a lot of shopping around until you find something that'll do.

Ehh I hate adidas for runners...stupid cushioning is too mushy.

Nikes are good if you get the zoom air bowerman series...but I'm a slim dude so full length max air would be better. Just dont gfet shox, the tech is just a gimmick.

I recommend frees if you're doing mid-distance running since they really work the muscles in the lower leg.

If you're on the lighter-side and could get away with it, Zoom Air would be the better option since it's lighter and more responsive. Only when peeps get too heavy and the Air unit bottoms out (top and bottom pinch on impact) is it useful to move to regular encapsulated Air or Air Max.

Just get Vibram 5-Fingers haha.

I've been running outdoors a pretty good amount this summer and I bought a pair of Saucony Progrid Hurricane 11's at the beginning of the season.

http://www.saucony.com/ShoeDetails.aspx?gen=m&id=1109

I've logged around 200 miles on them so and they are unbelievable. I wouldn't recommend sacrificing performance for a good looking running shoe... it's so easy to injure yourself and it just doesn't seem worth it to have your feet look good when you are all sweaty anyways.

^^^

With a little research (right...), they are shown to be the Nike City Knife II's.

“A traditional shoe is made of four pieces: an upper, an outsole, a midsole, and a sock liner. In a first for Nike, Schambra combined the upper with the outsole and joined the midsole with the sock liner as a way of minimizing weight. The shoe’s upper is made of leather with a lightweight stretch synthetic base that allows the foot to expand and contract; the triangle-shaped pods provide rigidity, creating a kind of exoskeleton. The City Knife II is available in unisex style as a low and midheight shoe.” Via Metropolismag.

Source- High Snobriety

I don't use them for running anymore, but I really like my Nike Frees. Sadly, I have the 7.0s (the most support in the lineup). If it weren't for the fact that I mostly bike in them now anyway, I would go for a different pair in the line as I have heard good things.

I wear a pair of sauconys (sauconies?), but I've worn brooks and 2 pairs of NBs.

Personally, I think that all major brands can put out quality shoes. I'd say not to go to a foot locker or any big store, but a running store and have them help you. Usually, they'll help out w/ how you walk (i overpronoate) and other shit. After a while of picking your specifications, there will likely only be a few pairs to choose from in different brands. They're all probably pretty plain/Seinfeld looking.

Most running stores will let you run outside in them w/o buying them or even take them back after a few wks if they hurt (I haven't had to do so, but the store in WI lets people)