Ooe yofukuten world tour 2009-2010

pomata

Thanks for following along guys.

Pics from the few days.

Stopped in the shop on my day off Thursday. It was rainy and cold outside so naturally Motley dog was wearing her one off camo tech jacket. Sammy Hecklewoods ex girlfriend made them for the dogs. She does awesome work doing technical flats over at Merrell (and soon Adidas)

qo6fc6.jpg

next up... snack time

Veggi Samosa in my mouthhole

2icb57k.jpg

2 for $3

My boy Tron came to visit from Corvalis. We had to hit up some Pho as he shit is so rural now that nothing can satisfy his vietnamese soup cravings.

extra hot, extra large No 2

2qnphg1.jpg

rest of Thursday was waaaaaaack

I got a real bad headache and couldnt go out

Friday, went and had lunch with Sammy Hecklewood

34ytybp.jpg

afterthis, I jammed back to the shop for a great convo with some very special people. JB from the Innovation Kitchen at Nike was in the studio getting some help with a 3 thousand dollar belt Nike is making for Roger Federer. We are helping a bit on production... more details when I can share...

Also, Ann Marie, the Americas editor from Monocle magazine stopped by the shop with the portland ACE hotel owner... it was a crazy mash up for sure.

sorry no pics... It might have been awkward... I mean she's actually a real respected journalist... It was mighty exciting considering how much I love that magazine.

Last night, got faded with my friends. Gabe came back to PDX. He brought his cam so Ill get some sweet pics this weekend while he is here... mostly tomorrow. He'll be covering Content 09, hanging out with us.

This is what the PBR selection looks like in every 7-11 here

dg0zue.jpg

Went to the carts to eat some Burritos... no pics... too drunk

2nm1546.jpg

After the Mexican fix we headed back to the corner store for more late night snacks. hahah

bought a Trashed for the Malto poster... so sick

142fsyp.jpg

I think I want to get a tattoo on my back "Born and bred to rip and shred" in the Trasher font... would be sick, no?

Woke up hungover.. rolled into the shop. Watching Notre Dame VS USC

5vxci0.jpg

Gabe came too... he made himself a new keyholder thing...

vfcwaw.jpg

(his last name is Toth-Fejal)

Now... eating a doughnut and doing this post

11bm8ia.jpg

cheers!

thanks guys. I just wanna keep the momentum going for the next people... I hope these jeans fit you Haga,

Do you want me to cold soak them as apposed to hot soak? Also, you should probably email me your address and whatnot...

[email protected]

I'll email or pm you my information.

I hope they fit me too... As to cold vs hot soak/wash, I don't know. If they're smaller than 35" waist/12" upper thigh, just cold soak.

I've been really busy the last couple of weeks, but things are slowing down a bit just in time for my leg. I'm looking forward to it! I've been itching for some new denim in a 66ish cut, these will do for a month hopefully...

i hope you can fend off the unraveling seems for us sir. Im sorry I was so hard on the jeans. o practically sleep in them some times... bike miles n miles and party in them.

Last night was eventuful.... The whole day was totally exciting!

Saturday Night

Threw down on a huge pizza with a few of my friends... it was top greasy and not crispy enough crust... but overall... it was pizza.. so its always good

ibf3sx.jpg

went to bed early cause Sunday was a long day.

woke up at 730 am to go wait tables at the cafe for 4 hours before we went to go start setup at the Ace.

Gathering some TG items to merch

eqaa8.jpg

a peak at the final layout. If i can find some more pics of our room ill post em...

1zz4biq.jpg

It was a crazy day. We had to be setup for the media to come around at 4PM...luckily we made it. THen we broke out the Whiskey at 5 and started mingling with the fine folks of PDX

314at0n.jpg

The chaos outside...

2959348.jpg

and inside.

2mrfk2d.jpg

My CONTENT 09 WAYWT

35bt3rc.jpg

Ironheart jacket, jcrew shirt, tg, hillside, ooe, vis

Sword +Fern had a crazy live band in their room

ek111.jpg

and after the party.. there's the after party. special guest : Guidance Counselor.

25hq32o.jpg

2zsd5oi.jpg

more coming... Monday-Wednesday... less exciting but some coverage.

/\/\ whoops, i meant the virgil boots but they are strikingly similar.....

oh man what i would give (besides $800) for a pair of sweet visvim boots

The Virgil is just an updated version of the 7 hole work boot I believe.

I would kill for a pair of kangaroo leather virgil boots or the Folk version... mmmmmm so sexy.

So these should be coming my way soon? I hope they fit, and I hope I'll be able to maintain the high standard that Pomata, Atzec and Kix have set...

they'll be there next week. There are a few things ill have to wrap up for the tour (you'll see when it gets to your spot... its a secret til then.. but I promise it'll be worth it. )

That's going to be a big ass picture when we're all done...

Jeans are on their way to Nebraska, which is definitely going to be the ugliest most boring place so far in the tour (unless you dig cornfields and stripmalls) but I'll do my best to find the beauty in it nevertheless.

I got the tracking # from Kix yesterday. Status at the moment is "Electronic Shipping Info Received".

Quick update: Just checked tracking # and the jeans were in the Omaha facility this morning, that's less than 50 miles from me! They should be here today or tomorrow.

Kix, did you make the parcel sig required? If they show up tomorrow I won't be home to sign for them so if that's the case they'll have to spend the weekend at the post office and I'll get them Monday....

Sorry to tease, I just took that first pic I posted when I went home for lunch for a couple of minutes, didn't have time then to upload more.

Now though...

pa290077.jpg

Some Portland sounds courtesy of Kixslf

pa290078.jpg

The first thing I had to do before I even tried them on was to measure them, in case I needed to prepare myself for the possibility that they weren't going to fit

pa290081.jpg

pa290082.jpg

All is well though, 34.5 waist, close to little over 12" upper thigh... Tight but definitely doable.

pa290087p.jpg

pa290089.jpg

You boys sure gave them a punishment already. I spent the bulk of my evening sewing and repairing the stitchings on the backrise and inseams. I can't really wear them till I finish doing that. Since they're pretty tight I noticed when I was taking the fitpics that there's too much pull on these torn stitches, so I took them off quick in order not to damage them more and give myself more repair work. The repair is well within my amateur skill level though and I don't mind it, and I have some thread from BiG that will do the job more than adequately...

pa290090.jpg

pa290092.jpg

Like a denim pussy opening up. Beautiful, innit?

pa290093.jpg

I'll post pics of the repair job once it's finished tomorrow, and paint my star and take to "receive" pic against a white background... and then hopefully I can start my leg just in time for Halloween!