iPhone 3.0

WayneGibbous

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tethering just allows you to use your phone companies internet on your computer! 3g speeds ON THE GO ON YOUR LAPTOP!

WOOOOOOOOOSHHHHA

NO LOCKING INVOLVED! ITS QUITE THE CONTRARY! IT OPENS YOUR IPHONE UP TO NEW POSSIBILITIES! BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS!

except if you're phone's not charging it'll eat a full battery within 20-30 mins of continuous surfing/downloading, even if you have your phone plugged in after about an hour it will fully deplete the batteru and make the phone verrry hot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the speed problems are related to the fact that AT&T's network sucks and (almost) all iPhones are on it so it's getting overloaded.

If apple let other carriers use the iPhone, the load would be more evenly distributed and you would see the problem go away.

In holland AT&T does not even exist.

so im good on that... we actually have the best and cheapest 3G in the world accoring to some shit on gizmodo i saw.

good times.... i was more talking about the phones function itself.

boo ya.

• 3 weeks later...
let's talk apps

i have only like 3 medical apps but I am too lazy to search for cool ones

suggestions?

google, wikipedia, urbanspoon, pandora, shazam, photobucket, yelp, itranslate, dictionary, facebook/twitter app if you down with that

Oh, and I recently discovered this whole using the iphone as a music remote thing, I am a fan. I can hook up my speakers to my lappy and play music through my iphone from anywhere in the house

is 3.1 necessary for MMS? i really don't feel like jailbreaking my phone AGAIN, takes forever to get it back to 'normal'

Nah, you can just shift+update and upload the specific carrier file alter running a command prompt.

I'm on a 3.01 jailbreak on my 3gs, and I unlocked the mms today without going to 3.1

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/178607-mms-update-interfere-my-jailbroken-3g-3-0-a.html

Read the post at the bottom of the page, that gives the specific instructions.

gibbous is booooooooored! hahahaha.

get WORLD WAR, kill some time with a free text based war game that is not too much of anything other than distracting.

Also get ZENGA online texas holdem, good times playing for free against the face book assholes and iphone idiots alike.

Ping! is like BBM but for iPhones

itll be good when everyone has it... and also after an update. Anyone else find the text box when yur typing shakes shit? orrr is that just my epilepsy.

Also. weird how theres no list for your contacts ... you just start typing and names you've previously Ping!ed come up? ... or am i missing something?

FUCK IM SO PISSED

washed my iPhone

someone sell me there old 2G

FUCK

look on apples site for some refurb action... can be had mad cheapo if you dont mind they made the convention rounds :)

rip for your phone dude, you should smash it up and post some pics, or sell it on ebay and burn the hell outta someone.

Nah, you can just shift+update and upload the specific carrier file alter running a command prompt.

I'm on a 3.01 jailbreak on my 3gs, and I unlocked the mms today without going to 3.1

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/178607-mms-update-interfere-my-jailbroken-3g-3-0-a.html

Read the post at the bottom of the page, that gives the specific instructions.

Hmm cant get this to work and its pissing me off...