how do you wash yours

tg76

just threw my 811's in the dryer after a nice long hot machine wash

i want them to get washed down and more blue, gotta get all the dirt and grime out of them... started wearing them around super high with tucked in shirts and some vests... wish i would have worn them this way the whole time. The hige fade would have been waaaaaay more epic... oh well. next pair of jeans i guess.

I've started hand-washing in my farmer's sink with super-hot tap water and a couple drops of Dr. Bronner's. I usually let it soak for about 10 minutes first and then start agitating and wringing out the junk. Then I let it drip dry outside.

In the past, I have machine washed and hot dried, but I find that I often get weird creasing and fading and they shrink too much

wash# 26. it rained yesterday, and i happened to have my daughter's playpen in the backyard that was upside down. when i got home yesterday it was pouring down rain, and i noticed a few gallons of fresh rainwater had collected there. so i went inside, changed jeans(WH) and washed the FC in the rainwater, no soap. hung dry. ive machine dried like 3-4 times, but only on an emergency basis.

Hi, I'm new to this thread. With my "standard jeans" -non LVC 501, pre-washed Nudies- I wait till 5 of them are ready for a wash, throw them into the machine (European type, front loader), am creative with the temperature (40 to 60 degrees, depending on degree of dirt and wish for shrinkage), use an eco-friendly detergent that Kuyichi jeans were good enough to supply me with (I got a few pouches from them, and use them for two washes although they are intended for just one) and let them hang dry after the spin. They get turned inside out but not buttoned for this procedure.

I am very keen on trying beetle's method, looks to me as cool as it gets, and a very, VERY sensual denim experience also. Of course then with drying the jeans on the body as well. Will have to deliberate the pair that gets to inaugurate this method with me.

i tried leaving on damp jeans before to dry. unfortunately i was in new york in february, and the jeans were a pair of semi-damp samurais. i was so hype to rock them after the initial soak, and a brooklyn winter make me pay dearly...kids, don't try this at home. it also sucks in the heat of the summer, but it will dry a lot faster.

Ooh my gosh! The only time I let a pair of wet jeans dry on my body in winter was hugging a radiator, and surely not going outside before they were TOTALLY dry. Ouch!

I actually believe that the salt is supposed to somehow react with the indigo - in which chemical way I fail to remember...Momotaro uses the salt wash as their final touch on their jeans - so I would assume that it somehow is supposed to deepen the blue ...

However - please try and post pics***

Jstavrin: I'd rinse them out thoroughly. No use in having the solids of soap in the fabric or on your body.

My jeans just finished drying and I just realized that they're still a bit soapy in some spots. Will it rub off eventually, or should I re-soak? I feel like a moron.

Just re-rinse them. Warmer water has a tendency to break down soap a little better, but I dont know if you want to go that route.

heres a quote of what i said about salt and washing in '08

as i've read i'm unsure on which style it is but I think it's samurai styled washing?

the salt helps prevent major major indigo loss. simply, keeps it from fading quickly. please do correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=139099&postcount=20

check out chicken's post on samurai style washing.

Jstavrin: I'd rinse them out thoroughly. No use in having the solids of soap in the fabric or on your body.

no doubt. just re-rinse the jeans, and let em dry. no harm, no foul.

i re-read chickens old post. i always find it interesting when people recommend only drying jeans in the shade. i always try to dry in the hottest, most intense sun possible. i start by turning them inside out(since the pocket bags&inseam somehow take longer to dry) and throwing them on the rail of my porch. when the pocket-bags are dry, i turn them warp-side out, and let them sit in the hot sun for a few hours. the longer they sit, the crisper they get, and they shrink back better. but thats just me.