Do Not Deal With User Montreal

Guest Montreal

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I spend more money to get them patched?

When I bought these, I entered a binding agreement whereby I give the seller $195 in exchange for a BRAND NEW pair of jeans. Only one side of this agreement materialized and this constitutes fraud/fraudulent activity.

were the jeans worn when you received them?

I'd like to point out two things:

1. You've been told this before - it is very common practice to ship clothing out in plastic bags. Very, very, very common.

2. The mods changed the title of this thread. I just enjoy that.

Ive never had anything in a plastic bag either and ive spent thousands and thousands buying clothes on the internet

Guest Montreal

The jeans definitely looked worn but that's not the issue.

The issue is that I purchased a brand new pair of unblemished jeans from the seller, and thanks to his carelessness and laziness, I purchased the total opposite.

As I said earlier, I've purchased close to 10 pairs of jeans online and never were they shipped to me in a plastic sleeve. Box or box within a sleeve, each and every time.

I don't think as simple as you say it: "I gave him the money, but didn't receive the goods as described therefore the contract was breached".

When things are damaged during shipping, it gets rather complicated as potentially all three parties could have done the damage: the buyer, the seller, or the postal company. But as Canadian post states, the jeans have been damaged before you got your hands on it, so this rules you out.

But laws how these cases are to be handled differ from country to country. In Germany for example, the seller would be completely responsible if he sold them as a business man (not private). This means you can get your money (or another equal good) from the seller, and the seller has to get the damage refunded by the postal company by himself. When the sale was between private entities, the buyer has to take care of any damage and the seller is not responsible at all.

however when shipping internationally I guess it would be best to just find a solution that accomodates both parties. That being said, I still don't really get it why the Canadian Post doesn't just contact the Australian one and they both settle things themselves.

If you only get the 60$ back then, which I suppose you will at maximum, I think btbam should refund you the remaining value to be honest if you really didn't tell him to write a lower value on it.

Guest Montreal
Go to the post office with your jeans and the packaging they came in and file a damage report. Its pretty fucking easy. And don't start on the case ID number again - open a new one!

The case ID is provided by Australia Post and the case has to be opened by the sender.

But thanks for coming out, jackass.

Guest Montreal
I don't think as simple as you say it: "I gave him the money, but didn't receive the goods as described therefore the contract was breached".

When things are damaged during shipping, it gets rather complicated as potentially all three parties could have done the damage: the buyer, the seller, or the postal company. But as Canadian post states, the jeans have been damaged before you got your hands on it, so this rules you out.

But laws how these cases are to be handled differ from country to country. In Germany for example, the seller would be completely responsible if he sold them as a business man (not private). This means you can get your money (or another equal good) from the seller, and the seller has to get the damage refunded by the postal company by himself. When the sale was between private entities, the buyer has to take care of any damage and the seller is not responsible at all.

however when shipping internationally I guess it would be best to just find a solution that accomodates both parties. That being said, I still don't really get it why the Canadian Post doesn't just contact the Australian one and they both settle things themselves.

If you only get the 60$ back then, which I suppose you will at maximum, I think btbam should refund you the remaining value to be honest if you really didn't tell him to write a lower value on it.

Wow, is this the first sensible and logical post in this thread? I honestly appreciate you taking the time to look at this from an unbiased point of view.

As I said earlier, the item was purchased through SuFu's marketplace, but I was invoiced by Never End Gallery, thus meaning that I purchased the item from the shop. And no, I never once said mark the item down in value. Ever. I have all the evidence to support this claim.

And no, I can't just take the jeans to the post office and fill out a claim. That's not how it works, despite what some of you dimwits think.

If btbam had any ounce of integrity, he would be working with me to get this issue resolved and he would have refunded me the difference between the $60 and the $195 a LONG time ago. There is no arguing this what-so-ever.

Everything I have stated in this thread has been 100% factual with evidence to back it up. btbam has done nothing more than say he has done this or that, but nothing has materialized. I don't even know if he contacted Australia Post because I still have not recieved the damage report.

Guest Montreal
if i was btbam, i would be even less inclined to help you after you put on this whiney bitch show...

i would take veritable pleasure in not giving you the money.

And again, I fail to see how I'm whining about anything.

I was screwed by a member who posts on this forum, therefore I used this forum to make public what happened. Simple as that. If you had half a brain (and I'm being generous about that), this would be obvious to you.

SuperFuture should ban you from ever being able to use the marketplace after a statement like what you just made. Openly admitting that you would willingly screw someone over? Not good business.

From Canada Post

Q. I just received an item from another country (other than U.S.A.*) and the contents are broken. How can I make a claim?

A. If the damaged item is Registered, insured or a Regular Parcel™ item, you or the sender in the originating country can file a claim. However, you must be able to provide Canada Post with all of the necessary details to initiate an international enquiry with the country of origin (i.e. the sender's name and address, your name and address, service used, insurance amount, date of mailing, item number, description and value of contents).

From Australia Post:

Australia Post can only pay insurance for missing or damaged contents if the overseas postal administration can confirm the loss or damage by inspection.

Thanks for coming out!

Guest Montreal

Yeah, no.

You would have to be a complete idiot (which I'm starting to think you are) to think that Canada Post wasn't the first person I contact about this situation. They told me repeatedly that the seller had to initiate a claim in Australia. In fact, if you call Canada Post right now, they'll tell you the same thing.

Thanks for coming out, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

From Canada Post

Q. I just received an item from another country (other than U.S.A.*) and the contents are broken. How can I make a claim?

A. If the damaged item is Registered, insured or a Regular Parcelâ„¢ item, you or the sender in the originating country can file a claim. However, you must be able to provide Canada Post with all of the necessary details to initiate an international enquiry with the country of origin (i.e. the sender's name and address, your name and address, service used, insurance amount, date of mailing, item number, description and value of contents).

From Australia Post:

Australia Post can only pay insurance for missing or damaged contents if the overseas postal administration can confirm the loss or damage by inspection.

Thanks for coming out!

Guest Montreal

AND AFTER ALL THIS, NO ONE STILL HAS A PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY BTBAM IS REFUSING TO PROVIDE ME WITH MY CASE ID AND REFUND THE REMAINDER OF MY MONEY

So what you are saying is that Canada post are lying on their website?

And the seller has initiated a claim. So if you take your dumbass to the post office with "all of the necessary details" you should be able to sort it oot. Unless you too are lying!

I'll give you something to cry aboot.

Montreal

whatever the original dispute was about the jeans and shipping and refunds. since there is a moderator working to resolve the dispute by talking to both parties and you have been asked by me to stop posting about it.

i am going to put you in the moderation queue which will still allow you to communicate via pm but you will no longer be able to post.

at such time that you decide to deal with the supermarket portion of the dispute through the proper channels [that is with a moderator moderating] then you will be able to request posting privileges back.

i am posting this here as the decision to ban is not based on the original dispute, but based on your posting in regards to the dispute.