Do Not Deal With User Montreal

Guest Montreal

Guest Montreal

I've wanted to hold off on creating a thread like this, but I don't really feel like I have a choice. I'm a big proponent of customer service when it comes to businesses both big and small, and I feel that this member/establishment has no grasp of the concept what-so-ever.

A month ago, btbam (http://www.superfuture.com/member.php?u=28294) made a thread in the Supermarket about some Imperials that he was getting rid of. He was selling them for half price and I was looking for some Imperials so I went ahead and purchased a pair. The deal went smooth and he sent me an invoice from his store so I was comfortable that I was being taken care of. Fast-forward a week later.

I received the package from the mailman and I noticed that it was enclosed inside a plastic Canada Post bag with an apology letter attached. Weird. So I open the package and notice that there's two tears in the packaging. I take out the jeans and to my horror I realize that there are tears/holes in my denim. And it's not like they're in a conspicuous spot either. I immediately called Canada Post and they told me that I had to contact the seller and have them get in touch with Australia Post. I even called back another time to talk to a different agent and I was told the same thing.

So naturally I email btbam and he tells me that he's going to get in touch with Australia Post. After a lot of back and forth, he emails me this:

If Canada post is telling you there is no such thing as a Damage report then ask to speak to the manager as far as i have been told by the Australian Post, Australia wide manager, every single post office world wide should have the ability to do a damage report on an item. Just explain the situation, there has been a report filed in australia and they will be in contact with Canada Post.

Take the full package and denim into an office and say this is how it arrived, i need a full report written out on the damage that has been done to the product/bag.

If they be difficult about it, speak to the manager and say is this how canada post delivers there items? They have delivered a destroyed item and they have to accept liability for it.

At this point, I start to get worried and realize that this person is not really wiling to accept responsibility. And why should he, you might be thinking? Well first of all, he marked the package at $60, when I never asked him to mark down the value, I simply asked to mark the item as a gift. Secondly, the jeans were shoved into this thin plasticy packaging (it wasn't even the sturdy tyvek stuff) so I wasn't really surprised to see the jeans damaged.

At this point, he's not really returning my emails which are admittedly rather frequent as it's quite obvious this is going no where and he has no real reason to want this to as he will be paying out of pocket to reimburse me.

I think it's a shame that a RETAIL outlet would behave in such a manner. It really ruins my confidence in shopping online and especially with smaller retailers, as they clearly have no idea what it takes to run a store successfully (GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!).

http://www.neverendgallery.com/

28i0zkz.jpg

mt89rp.jpg

1zyypn5.jpg

2vv5fg6.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, btbam is extremely legitimate and has sold a bunch and bought just as much, much more expensive and fragile items than a pair of raw denim, the truth of the matter is this essay belongs in the blacklist thread in supermarket and he's also completely correct, you should contact the manager, it's not his fault it got damaged in the mail. i find it ludicrous that you're making such a big deal over something like this, this is clearly the post offices fault.

Guest Montreal

Yes it his fault because a) it was poorly packed (who packages $275 jeans in a thin plastic bag?), B) he marked the value as $60 so what good does that do me? and c) it is HIS responsibility to get in touch with Australia Post as he was the sender as per Canada Post's information. What am I supposed to do? Call Australia in the middle of the night long distance? And then what? I would probably spend more on the long distance call than the measly $60AUD that I would get reimbursed.

Hop off.

All you have to do is take a read of the Melbourne thread to see how helpful bt is and has been to so many of the members here.

I, for one, have bought several items off him, and would do so again in a heartbeat.

edit: it says in your post that he HAS contacted Australia Post and filed a report. What more do you want him to do?

Yes it his fault because a) it was poorly packed (who packages $275 jeans in a thin plastic bag?), B) he marked the value as $60 so what good does that do me? and c) it is HIS responsibility to get in touch with Australia Post as he was the sender as per Canada Post's information. What am I supposed to do? Call Australia in the middle of the night long distance? And then what? I would probably spend more on the long distance call than the measly $60AUD that I would get reimbursed.

Hop off.

i would reccomend some kleenex sir because you appear to be crying because your shitty jeans got fucked up because of your shitty post office. this is just canadian post trying to pussy out of responsibility just like it is yours, and be glad he marked it worth that much, if it was marked a gift you'd be even more fucked. some people will piss about anything in a fucking recession.

edit:

edit: it says on your post that he HAS contacted Australia Post and filed a report. What more do you want him to do?

also a very good point.

Guest Montreal

If he's so helpful, why has he cut off contact with me? He filed a report, yes... THREE WEEKS AGO! Each email he has sent me goes something like "I've talked to Australia Post and they're supposed to get back to me tomorrow" and sure enough a week passes and I hear nothing. I can almost guarantee that if this situation happened with a reputable store like Selfedge or someone else, they would issue an immediate refund ASAP and pay for the jeans to be shipped back to the store.

If he's so helpful, why has he cut off contact with me? He filed a report, yes... THREE WEEKS AGO! Each email he has sent me goes something like "I've talked to Australia Post and they're supposed to get back to me tomorrow" and sure enough a week passes and I hear nothing. I can almost guarantee that if this situation happened with a reputable store like Selfedge or someone else, they would issue an immediate refund ASAP and pay for the jeans to be shipped back to the store.

but you didn't fucking buy form never end you bought from btbam, just because he works there has nothing to do with the store itself, he sold it individually, not under the stores name to you. you're a more and slander artist.

Guest Montreal
i would reccomend some kleenex sir because you appear to be crying because your shitty jeans got fucked up because of your shitty post office. this is just canadian post trying to pussy out of responsibility just like it is yours, and be glad he marked it worth that much, if it was marked a gift you'd be even more fucked. some people will piss about anything in a fucking recession.

Yes, I will piss about the fact that I paid for a pair of new jeans that were delivered to me unwearable. This has nothing to do with a recession or not. I've already written this off as a loss, which is why I've decided to make this post. It's a simple matter of accountability. Why were the jeans so shoddily packaged? Why were they marked at $60? These are both things that btbam has to be accountable for, and thus far he has been anything but. I've even been given the whole sob story "I sold these at cost and will be paying out of pocket blah blah blah" as if I'm supposed to sympathize. I don't care if this guy is the Robin Hood of retail, the way he is handling this specific transaction is anything but enviable. Like I said, I doubt other established retailers would deal with this as such, but alas I am conveniently located on the other side of the country and this guy is a relative nobody in the retail world so why should he care...

Guest Montreal
but you didn't fucking buy form never end you bought from btbam, just because he works there has nothing to do with the store itself, he sold it individually, not under the stores name to you. you're a more and slander artist.

I dunno if I should feel bad for owning a handicapped person so badly...

3466rty.jpg

Like I said, hop off...

Honestly, it's hard to sympathize with you right now because you are nitpicking at a bunch of small things and it seems like you are barely taking on any responsibility on your part to fix the problem. I hate Canadapost as much as the next guy but if this were my situation, I would first and foremost bitch the hell out of anyone I can get to at Canadapost. You just have to get to a manager or someone higher up to get things done.

As for him not getting back to you anymore, I can completely understand him doing that. If someone was pestering me day after day after day about the same thing, and I was waiting on something I had no control of, I would probably ignore messages too until I heard back from the post office.

Also, this should be in the blacklist/bad transactions thread in the supermarket.

this is dumb.. obviously not btbam's fault.. if canadapost left that damage note.. it's probably because they were the ones who damaged it..

..also.. this is probably your first time buying online i take it? i have had dozens of packages come in those bags

btbam is as legitimate as they come, dozens of people on here have dealt with him and had flawless transactions (myself included). what has happened here is clearly the fault of the postal service, and you should have filed the damage report like requested as btbam was clearly doing everything he could from his side.

he marked the package at $60 because any value higher than that would result in you paying customs, having it marked as a gift doesn't mean shit. the plastic of those prepaid satchels is perfectly sturdy enough to protect a pair of jeans during postage, the damage here is because some fuckwit at Canada Post took to the parcel with a pair of scissors or jammed it through a conveyor belt.

judging by what a little bitch you are I can understand why btbam has stopped communicating with you. you haven't even done the fucking bare minimum of filing your own report, he can't do anything from his side unless he has some sort of evidence from you.

Ok.. so i haven't even read his post and i wont.

The second i received word from this gentlemen i contacted Australia post & Canada post to demand answers.

I filed a report and did every thing possible to work this out.

After around 10 abusive messages and continued harassment i continued to respond ASAP and do everything in my power. Every day i contacted Australia Post and demand they give me an answer.

I told you from the VERY beginning i will issue you with a COMPLETE refund as soon as the Damage Report is completed on your end.

But you insist that this is my fault and i have to refund you right now.

As told by Canada Post and Australia Post if i refund you without a damage report, there is absolutely Zero chance of a refund from the Postal Service.

Yet i have mentioned i will be issuing you a COMPLETE refund out of my pocket as SOON as i possibly can.

Guest Montreal

1) I did contact Canada Post, and I did speak to a manager. They reiterated that it was received in this condition and that they did not damage the package. Don't think that I didn't spend countless hours on the phone with them trying to get to the bottom of this. At the end of the day, however, they shifted the blame to Australia Post and there was nothing I could do about this.

2) This is not my first time buying online, and I have never received a package like this. This was thin plastic that could easily be ripped apart by hand. You're probably thinking of the Tyvek packaging that Canada Post (and perhaps others) use. This packaging was very thin, and obviously not appropriate for the contents.

3) What happens when Australia Post does indeed take responsibility? I get back $60AUD? Big deal. What about the rest of the money? It's not like I'm short on cash or something like that. It's the principle of the matter. As a small business owner myself, it pains me to see customer service as dismal as this. Why didn't btbam offer a partial refund amounting to what he would have to pay out of pocket in advance of Australia Post's refund? Even better, what about a simple SORRY. A simple apology. I received neither. All btbam did from the beginning was shift blame to Canada Post and as I go back and re-read the email correspondence between himself and I, it's quite obvious from an early stage that his eagerness to resolve this matter was and still is minimal.

Guest Montreal
judging by what a little bitch you are I can understand why btbam has stopped communicating with you. you haven't even done the fucking bare minimum of filing your own report, he can't do anything from his side unless he has some sort of evidence from you.

What damage report, jackass? The fucking report is in AUSTRALIA. Am I supposed to hop on my magic carpet and fly there or something? There is no report. I've done everything in my power and have been unable to make any progress, both with Australia Post and the seller.

I understand that you guys might be friends and all but seriously take a fucking second to READ and not sound like such a jackass next time.

are you fucking kidding me, do you think auspost will offer a refund based on your ranting? they need some sort of evidence numb nuts, otherwise they'd be handing out refunds to every penny pinching bitch like you.

btbam is as legitimate as they come, dozens of people on here have dealt with him and had flawless transactions (myself included). what has happened here is clearly the fault of the postal service, and you should have filed the damage report like requested as btbam was clearly doing everything he could from his side.

he marked the package at $60 because any value higher than that would result in you paying customs, having it marked as a gift doesn't mean shit. the plastic of those prepaid satchels is perfectly sturdy enough to protect a pair of jeans during postage, the damage here is because some fuckwit at Canada Post took to the parcel with a pair of scissors or jammed it through a conveyor belt.

love you dji <3

I gotta stick up for btam here too, I've dealt with him and hes a fucking reasonable seller, and Montreal TBH you aren't helping the situation here with shit leaking out of your ass.

The only real blame you can put in Btam is his coice in packaging material, but then, cluthing items are sent in plastic envelopes, even fucking letter mail without a problem.

Its unfortunate that your item was damaged, we get it. Regardless of his method of shipping, and choice of material shit happens. It isn't btam's fault. I trust you wouldn't blame him if the plane it was on crashed? I don't mean to point out the extremes here to make a case, but its the same idea, it was out of your control as mch as it was out of his control. It sure has hell doesn't benifit anyone when this happens. The one at fault is Canada post. Take your anger to them, they will listen. As much of a bitch canada post is, they are at fault, and they are responsible.

Guest Montreal
are you fucking kidding me, do you think auspost will offer a refund based on your ranting? they need some sort of evidence numb nuts, otherwise they'd be handing out refunds to every penny pinching bitch like you.

I find it really funny that people are calling me poor, penny-pinching, etc.

HEY MORONS - I BOUGHT A PAIR OF NEW JEANS AND RECEIVED A PAIR OF DAMAGED JEANS. ANYONE WOULD BE DOING THE SAME AS I AM RIGHT NOw. AT LEAST ANYONE WITH A SPINE.

And the said anything about Australia Post issuing me a refund based on my ranting? The evidence is in my closet - a pair of useless jeans that I can't wear. I CAN'T FILL OUT ANY REPORT BECAUSE THERE IS NO REPORT FOR ME TO FILL OUT.

I understand you and btbam might be friends or something but as I've said 100 times already, you really need to READ and stop making yourself look like such a jackass.

Guest Montreal
The one at fault is Canada post. Take your anger to them, they will listen. As much of a bitch canada post is, they are at fault, and they are responsible.

Why does everyone assume it's Canada Post's fault, and AGAIN FOR THE 100000000000000th TIME, EVEN IF IT WAS THE FUCKING PACKAGE WAS MARKED AT $60 SO WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO ME??!?!?!?!??!

Jesus f. christ, I realize there isn't a screener to register on SuFu but they seriously need to instill some sort of IQ test. Nothing crazy, but maybe something like you need an IQ of 80 or greater to be a member. I guarantee that would weed out 90% of you idiots.

blah blah blah.

fill out the non-existent damage report

blah blah blah

call canada post and ask for a $60 refund for jeans you paid $200 for

blah blah blah

morons

yeah, it's me that's coming across as a jackass dude :rolleyes:.

anyone with a brain would follow the proper procedure for making a claim, try actually contacting Canada Post next time or at least reading their website:

Q. I just received an item from another country (other than U.S.A.*) and the contents are broken. How can I make a claim?

A. If the damaged item is Registered, insured or a Regular Parcelâ„¢ item, you or the sender in the originating country can file a claim. However, you must be able to provide Canada Post with all of the necessary details to initiate an international enquiry with the country of origin (i.e. the sender's name and address, your name and address, service used, insurance amount, date of mailing, item number, description and value of contents).

Contact Canada Post's Customer Service group by telephone at 1-866-607-6301.

Guest Montreal

"Sorry for marking the package at $60 so you can't even be a vigilante and try to force Canada Post into issuing you a refund because you're not even going to get back 1/3 what you paid"

"Sorry for using such shoddy packaging"

That's a start...

Ok.. so i haven't even read his post and i wont.

The second i received word from this gentlemen i contacted Australia post & Canada post to demand answers.

I filed a report and did every thing possible to work this out.

After around 10 abusive messages and continued harassment i continued to respond ASAP and do everything in my power. Every day i contacted Australia Post and demand they give me an answer.

I told you from the VERY beginning i will issue you with a COMPLETE refund as soon as the Damage Report is completed on your end.

But you insist that this is my fault and i have to refund you right now.

As told by Canada Post and Australia Post if i refund you without a damage report, there is absolutely Zero chance of a refund from the Postal Service.

Yet i have mentioned i will be issuing you a COMPLETE refund out of my pocket as SOON as i possibly can.

It's pretty obvious..

Why does everyone assume it's Canada Post's fault, and AGAIN FOR THE 100000000000000th TIME, EVEN IF IT WAS THE FUCKING PACKAGE WAS MARKED AT $60 SO WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO ME??!?!?!?!??!

Jesus f. christ, I realize there isn't a screener to register on SuFu but they seriously need to instill some sort of IQ test. Nothing crazy, but maybe something like you need an IQ of 80 or greater to be a member. I guarantee that would weed out 90% of you idiots.

blah blah blah.

fill out the non-existent damage report

blah blah blah

call canada post and ask for a $60 refund for jeans you paid $200 for

blah blah blah

morons

Moron? Why the fuck don't you compose your thoughts, and actually articulate yourself in a sentence rather than bitching like a bitch.

FYI, maybe you did not know this but marking an item as gift does not ensure you will not pay customs fees! That is right! Head over to the Canadian border services website, or better yet give them a call. Gifts only pass when the value declared is under 50 dollars, and if you want to dispute it, you better have a fucking birthday card/ any other method of proving it was indeed a gift. Now they usually wont enforce the card rule, but if he declard your jeans at 200 dollars, you would be paying the Canadian sales tax, along with any handling fees incured at the border. It sure as hell looks like btam tried to do you a favor here.

A favourable conclusion for this mess, from what I gather, considering your manerism is you want a full refund from btam- no questions asked, and no action on your part. At the price of your compensation another will incur a loss, perhaps you should suggest something a bit more equitable and please stop with the fucking caps, !!!!s and blahs.