Any denim heads around in South East Asia?

bunga

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too true, luckily i spend most of my time indoors and i drive so its not that bad but it is good sometimes to get your denim dirty and sweaty, essential to get a good fade i'd say.

usually i'll try and go without washing for a long time, if you air your jeans in the sun regularly, it's just the smell that gets to me haha.

in times like these i just leave my raws on the shelf or save it for a cool or rainy day, so i don't have to wash it so much as a consequence of the heat.

alternative solution is to get a car

haha no, i guess you're one of the few people here who would understand the meaning of my nick, it's actually my DJ name - kinda jokey but its memorable eh?

like i said i'm lucky since i don't have to use public transport or work outdoors most of the time so i guess i'm still pretty ok.

just posted a pair of Levi's 502 this morning in the evo thread, check it out. :)

haha im doing good, thanks for asking.

are you girl or what? your nick sounds so girly.

anyway, KL is so hot lately and force me to rotate my jeans everyday since i dont wanna sweat a lot in them.

what are your jeans? i saw one of em in evo thread and they look awesome!

yeah it sounds memorable lol. i'll check em out

anyway how could you manage to have those sweet destroyed nylon jeans when you said you dont have to work outdoors most of the time?

were they eventually becoming like that over time?

i own a pair of nudie for more than 8 months now, i walked a lot in em but the amount of destroyed aint compared at all with yours ... kinda jealous. lol.

@stewie - just constant wear over a good period of time i guess - i do wear them to see gigs, clubbing etc just plain running about i guess. oh and i wore them to go swimming a couple times too so i guess that helped lol.

@demonito - now that's dedication! not sure how hot it gets in manila but it's pretty much a furnace right now over here, i can just sweat sitting at home watching TV with my fan on full blast. i don't have the balls yet to go up to 21oz, you mind sharing with us some pics?

as the title said, anybody from around the SEA region? i'm from malaysia myself, specifically in kuala lumpur (KL).

would love to hear from other heads around this part of the world!

wassup, im from Kuala Lumpur where the heat is crazy.

Hey dudes, I'm from KL myself. Pretty lucky to be able to wear denim to work everyday in the comfort of air-conditioning. Am rotating between my Sugar Cane Oki, KMW 1980, Kapital TH-Zipang and Evisu Lot 2000 No. 2.

Still waiting to break in my PBJ XX-009, Samurai 5000VX and Evisu Lot 2000 No. 1 (This Evisu was proxied by Edmond!). In this weather you can't wear anything heavier than 14 oz and don't even think about not washing your jeans! it stinks to high hell after 2 weeks of wear!

nice to see so many people coming out to introduce themselves.

@solid frog - you're not alone for sure. plenty of us freaks out there.

@melor - do i know you? :P

@denim nut - i know what you mean about the smell, that's why i gotta air my jeans every other couple weeks, it got so bad at one point that bees and other assorted insects were attracted to my sugarcanes! which is why i think that peeps like demonito is super dedicated, he works in construction AND in humid conditions like us, and he can go more than 6 weeks without washing?! that's nuts.

Hey guys I'm from kl too :D. It's not too bad wearing jeans if you're going to be in an air-conditioned place all the time but not if you're outside a lot. Props to demonito for wearing 21oz (!!!) in this humid weather. Nice to meet others in se-asia.

There's a bunch of denim heads from SEA.

I figure they're just lurking about here and there, trying to find answers to their sizing woes and whatnot.

Me being from Manila, I've got no problems wearing my Sugarcanes most of the time. On the other hand, working in retail does make it easier, being air conditioned most of the time.

being from malaysia, it's quite a challenge to get any denim at all - all we have is overpriced made in macau Evisu, Seven etc, mostly fashion brands and a smattering of LVCs that's way overpriced from the Levi's flagship store. BUT we do have quite a good flea market scene here which turns up some gems from time to time with 2nd stuff.

@WillKhitie - we're in the midst of a heatwave, 35 degrees upwards, even the nights are hot as hell, is there any denim specialty store in Manila?

@Denim Nut - let's do it sometime soon, maybe we can even do a swap meet?

i heard of take 5 but prices can be high no? singapore any spots other than QC that bring in good stuff? The Levi's flagship store in Heereen has a pretty big selection of LVC right now but they are steep too....any recommendations for spore?

@WillKhitie - we're in the midst of a heatwave, 35 degrees upwards, even the nights are hot as hell, is there any denim specialty store in Manila?

May that thing never hit Manila It's been raining here almost everyday. But I'd pick this over weather like that. 35 degrees on number, but I reckon it feels like 40 with the humidity floating around.

Specialty Denim store? There's demonito, he's got the hook ups.

It's also such a small community here, and most, if not all the people regularly take trips to Hong Kong. So it's just a matter of borrowing someone's Take5 discount card and your all set.