denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

actually i only boiled them once, but they have had about 3 hot dries by machine. i only bucket wash them, so i can't take the water too hot on my hands. amardeep is looking all love right about now. nice contrast between my pair and these: he washes rarely, im the fucking aquaman:D

DSC05696.jpg

^so in the last weeks i had to repair more stitches on my pocket and lately i recognized this on the inside of my back rise:

DSC05686.jpgDSC05688.jpg

the outside still looked quite ok, though:

DSC05689.jpg

so i decided to restitch the whole backrise today:

DSC05690.jpg

half way through me fingers hurt like hell. i had to tape them:

DSC05691.jpg

after a sewing marathon (didn´t have enough orange thread in the end, so i used grey one):

DSC05692.jpgDSC05693.jpgDSC05697.jpg

still think that somethng is wrong with the stitching on my pair. if not i´d have to say, that the quality is pretty bad and i still don´t want to believe that. well i hope everything is fine now for the next weeks...

DSC05699.jpg

Amazing job Atzec, especially without a sewing machine! I don't think the stitching is bad, or quality, just that the cotton thread disintegrates if there is constant friction. For example, my Denime 557, waistband, I must of ran it through the machine a dozen times, but it still eventually falls apart. I just left it alone and it looks great with the rest of the wear. It just sucks that its on the back rise for you.

denime5574.jpg

well lets see... if your other jeans are sewn with cotton thread, and they fit the same, but your denime are the only pair that has this issue the only thing we can conclude would be that the denime are sewn either with inferior thread, or

without the skill of a shokunin(read double volante thread by mizanation).

but if your other pairs are sewn with cotton thread and the only major difference between said pairs and the denime is the fit(assuming the denime are tighter than the other pairs, it's the fit. i looked at hayashi-san's 66xx fit and that gave me a good grasp of what he meant by '' please buy em' loose''. if the threads are tearing up really easy on the weftside of the jeans, it would seem (to me, imho) that the jeans are abraded by your body on that side of the seam. if it was worn on the warpside, i would assume the thread was worn by sitting frequently on rough surfaces(brick steps, concrete benches, etc.) imho the more snug the jeans, the more often to wash cause ass-sweat kills cotton thread.

with all that said, mad respect for the repair job, i love how you taped em' up and kept sewing :D

lot#775 will be worn as long-underwear under the FH tour jeans, so they will NOT be in any form of retirement;)

on another note, i spoke to gordon today via the japanese dude who answered the phone@BiG. i asked him if the hayashi-san interview he did would be posted on the site. he said he has done the interview, but it will NOT be posted on the site. i asked him about the state of denime, and he said that hayashi-san is 'retired', and that SUD is a lower-end denime. he confirmed that RMC is in control now i asked about who was the first to produce selvage denim in japan, and the japanese dude went to get a book, then he said the first was a company called CANTON(now defunct), and this company was owned by the family who makes ONI jeans. i'm still researching this topic, since it was told to me that hayashi-san and masahiro sato(shinya). this is a piece of an article posted in the sufu archive by pclife:

''Entrepreneur Yoshiyuki Hayashi was 31 when he launched the Denime brand in 1988. His goal was to recreate the classic American jeans from the 1950s. Hayashi's obsession led him to Okayama Prefecture, a traditional cotton weaving area also known for its indigo dying and denim production. He asked numerous textile makers whether they could produce a denim of unusual quality-rough, stiff and shrinks when washed-opposed to the smooth, even-textured jeans that populated the market at the time. His fortunes turned when he found Shinya, a textile maker located in Ibara, whose then president Masahiro Sato suggested recreating the garments using a shuttle loom collecting dust in the corner of his shop. Such looms nearly became obsolete after jeans exploded onto the fashion scene in Japan in the 1970s, ushering in the use of more efficient looms.

Sato restored his shuttle loom and experimented until he finally reproduced a denim that matched a sample given to him by Hayashi.

someone please help me solve this mystery!!!!!!!!

with all that said, mad respect for the repair job, i love how you taped em' up and kept sewing :D

There was something "Hemingwayish" in the whole setting, those cats observing as a man quietly goes through the denim one stitch at a time...

Really weird disintegration of cotton thread if you ask me.