denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

^ok, great, that puts my nerves at ease. not in too much of a hurry to get them but 2 months wait after paying and no jeans to show for it has me a tad anxious.

good that you didnt join the FC-contest than.i had to wait 5 months,some even six.when my pair arrived i was raped by customs for another 75,-€,and they where not hemmed as requested.but this cannot hold me back from saying that the Fullcounts are an outstanding pair,which i am proud to wear!

After reading your previous post tvshooter i decided to check the tracking and my pair actually arrived in Finland yesterday, and i got the item shipped mail today, now i'm just hoping the package didn't attract customs, don't think so though.

btw, looks like these denimes aren't as dark as the fullcounts that were practically black when raw, am i correct?

yes. you are correct Bosch. the fabric is a little smoother and not as hairy either. the one thing that stood out when I first got the FC's were the dark denim, the multi-color threads, stitching- the details. these are a bit more subdued. the selvedge seam is a bit wider. the coin pocket has no selvedge flap. yet the design is beautiful. and, something about them hints toward timeless classic. simple but elegant stitching. notes of starch, honey, oak...precocious yet not too pretentious...wait, that's too much. :rolleyes: btw, there are no hidden rivets if you didn't know.

^i get the same feeling

except i'm planning to wash every 2-3 mos after the initial 5 mos or so.

btw, how were lot #s done? they all seem to be different.

3818402079_429349d7ea.jpg

i went for a w34 when i placed my order first,but changed it later to a w33.even though i got a mail confirming this,take 5 sended me 34.

which is a mistake i am really happy about now,as the fit is exactly what i expected,when i opted for a 33!

haha, this happened with me too.

ordered a 32, saw BiG measurements, asked for a 31 and Fung said OK, received a 32, really glad I did.

yes. you are correct Bosch. the fabric is a little smoother and not as hairy either. the one thing that stood out when I first got the FC's were the dark denim, the multi-color threads, stitching- the details. these are a bit more subdued. the selvedge seam is a bit wider. the coin pocket has no selvedge flap. yet the design is beautiful. and, something about them hints toward timeless classic. simple but elegant stitching. notes of starch, honey, oak...precocious yet not too pretentious...wait, that's too much. :rolleyes: btw, there are no hidden rivets if you didn't know.

Funny.

No hidden rivets on a 66 repro would be proper. Are there any on the XX? Is the coinpocket chainstitched like the Tokyo and Kyoto edition?

I do believe that the 66xx cut looks especially dope if worn slightly too short...

I remember that Mr. Denime himself (can't think of his name right now tends to wear all of his 66 cuts way above the ankle..not always cuffed as in this pic - courtesy of a pic posted in this thread...

image13.jpg

My denimes slipped through customs no problem and i got them today.

Did some measurements BiG style:

Size 34 66xx:

Waist 34,2

Thigh 12,8

Inseam 36,2

Hem 8,25

I'm still worried about how they'll fit after shrinkage, especially the hip/seat area is a bit too tight presoak for my liking. I think i'll do a machine wash without detergent to get most of the shrinkage out and then i'll see what i'll do keep 'em or sell 'em.

Since it's night, I'll take some pics when the light gets better.

Hemmed by Take 5. Funny, they didn't match the thread color on the hems. (but I'm not someone who cares)

denime66xx1.jpg

Will post measurements when I find my measuring tape. Probably will have to lose some weight for these to fit right. Or grin and bear it till it stretches out.

They are really tight on the hips with 0 hip flare. I like the fit a lot. No hidden rivets, and no selvedge on the coin pocket. Yes there is a chainstitch on the hem of the coin pocket. I guess these are 66 specific details.

^I don't know if the chainstitched coinpocket is a Denime detail or a 66 detail. My Kyotos and Pomata's Tokyos also have stainstitched coinpockets, but of course they are based on the 66 cut (they also have no hidden rivets, which is definitely a 66 detail).

It's a nice touch to see some roping there though...

yeah, all denime have different lot numbers...mr. denime's name is yoshyuki hayashi, gordon said he'll be doing an interview with him soon, so keep checking the BiG site...i find it very interesting that he wears them like evis-heads above the ankle, cause thats how i wear my jawns, but for religious reasons. we as sunni muslims are commanded to keep the hem of our lower garment above our ankles since Allah hates otherwise. that's why a lot of dudes in philly rock their jeans high.(even the non-muslims who bite the steez) might sound strange to some, but what else is new? this is the way of muhammad,peace be upon him. i just wore my jeans uncuffed for a minute to get some roping, now its back to regulation-length. wearing a garment until it is worn-out(unwearable) and thread-bare(and repairing it along the way) is also seen as praiseworthy in islam, so i guess a lot of my denim-head habits are ingrained...

XX type has hidden rivets. did anyone already receive a pair of XX type??

XX type sounds awesome. I hope some XX type fit pics start showing up soon. At the moment I'm considering joining in, but I'm not sure if either cut works for me. The 66 in my size would possibly be too tapered to wear comfortably with boots and XX seems to have some hip flare in the pics I've seen. I'd be interested to know from those who get the XX how the fit works out since the only pics of the fit I've seen are from a couple Japanese sources. I have to admit I really like the look of the faded Denimes.