Onvis - stories from Italy

prochek

Have you heard about this brand?

An Italian brand that makes handcrafted quality jeans for everyone. The brands basics is to tell people´s real life stories through their jeans: â€Live your denim and create your own storyâ€.

They offering people raw denim jeans –â€Bluevirgins†– to a very reasonable price and asking them to live their products by (ab)using them as mush as possible.

Once daily life has left it´s trace on the denim, they encourages the wearers to send back their used jeans and eventually replicate the pattern for a possible next limited edtionof the so called â€Truestories†collection. Once the Truestory has been created the â€teller†will get payed a royalty.

So basic: Buy a Bluevirgin. Live it and wear it. Tell your story and get money.

Their jeans are made out of 11oz high quality sanforized selvage denim. The denim is woven with over 50 years-old narrow shuttle loom, All rivets and buttons is manual applicated.

Best part is that the Bluevirgin costs below 79 euro

For all ladies they have the Bluevirgin also for women.

www.onvis.it

onblue.jpg

looks very good but this part "they encourages the wearers to send back their used jeans and eventually replicate the pattern for a possible next limited edtionof the so called â€Truestories†collection."

wouldnt it be better if each story stayed unique and exclusive?

replicating it would sort of spoil everything

• 1 year later...

Got a pair a couple of months (and a few days) ago, the 14oz "Malmo" is just awesome (texture, dyeing).

Compared to Denim Demon made of the same (italian) weight fabric (which i also own), they are way better. Thicker, rougher (in a good way), and with a better feeling to the touch

Great fit (they only got one, and only the fabric weight changes (or composition in the case of cotton/linen model)), on the slightly slim side if you go for the right size.

Shrinking (i HAD to give them a COLD wash when they reached the 2 months mark) is pretty much in the expected range for sanforized denim (was 0.5 inches in all measurements for mine after washing).

Color bleeding is massive but they just bleed a lot (white sofa or shoes owners are warned). After the first wash (with radiant black) the dye loss is almost unnoticeable.

having such a low prices, people may be discouraged from purchase, but as a (happy) owner i can tell you this stuff is well detailed (selvedge in the coin pocket, leather accent on the outside of it, hand stamped rivets) and at least the 14oz are on par with Japanese stuff (which i also own) that sells for twice (or more) the price.

If you're after the brand and the trend and wanna look cool in a denimologist circle, you probably have to own a pair (or 20) of Jap made and strut around with the patch and selvedge well exposed, if you're however after a GREAT pair of jeans, these at less than 100 euros (worldwide shipping included) are the absolute best bang for your bucks in the serious denim world

Here's a 20% code i got, which is valid until the end of June: FTD598

I'm quite sure that if more people buy them and the denimophiles start spreading the word, these will become a big thing and (probably) prices will skyrocket accordingly

Any other onvis owners in the forum? opinions about their denim?

Here are a couple of CRAPPY post-wash fit pics (can't really see from the crotch up because of the shirt).

I'll try to get some better ones as soon as i get hold of a decent mirror, as these were quickly taken by a friend

DSC02720.jpg

DSC02721.jpg

i was in the swedish blue virgin contest last year. cant say that i enjoyed the jeans. they felt flimsy, the hardware and construction wasnt great either. a lot of loose threads etc. they also loose a lot of indigo when washed. i like the fit though, but they stretch like a motherf*cker. im a true size 30.5" and ordered size 30 and theyre just too big in the waist by now. retired as of last september. theyre cheap, but id much rather wear something else.

Sizing down is mandatory, as i'm a 30 and their tagged 30 measures 33 flat (but they have a visual sizing guide). I was initially puzzled by the excessive waist room, but i have to say i like the fit

True they bleed like hell out of the box and loose a lot on the first wash, but mine retained indigo pretty well so, i guess, it's probably just that they overdye their denim.

I haven't experienced any loosening yet, but i take your word for that and i'm not a big fan of "elastic denim" myself, so hopefully will not be too terrible.

If you find onvis flimsy, i can imagine what you would say about denim demon's or nudies (regular ones, not MIJs) as they look and feel way MORE flimsy to me. I actually like the texture of onvis' 14oz and i do starch generously, so that's why i didn't notice much. In the pictures you can see how the stacking is far from ideal (but that was after wash and PRE starching), but some tapering, a slightly shorter hem would correct the "problem" (which isn't much of an issue with me). In total fairness, has to be said that the same thing happens to some Japs as well, unless you go for the famous superthick, supertough (and initially superuncomfortable ones)

Probably the comparison with top japs it's a bit of a far throw, but they're definitely very close to that, and very far above from other top, highly praised brands on the market

All in all, i really like the fit (but i would size down at least one in the future) the price can't be beaten, so i'd buy again from them

The sizing is true, you really have to go down in sizes on these jeans. I am a natural 31 in waist but wear a 29 in these. The 11 oz version is very soft in fabric, haven´t tried the 14 oz. The fit is great imo, would recommend the 11 oz for the summer. Personally i haven´t had jeans that fade this fast as these do.

here is a pic of onvis 11 oz worn 6 months for those interested

onvis-5pocketstraightleg03.jpg

Well, apparently they're fast-track fading jeans, which is a bit of a turnoff for me personally (that means premature retirement), but can be a great incentive for others

should that happen to mine, i'd probably try them in a different weight, or composition (cotton/linen looks interesting). I'd probably give the fading competition a crack too, should mine look that good after 6 months of wear. I'm not after the 1 euro per pair sold royalties, i'd be just happy with a free new pair!

• 4 months later...

Is there any onvis owner here who also owns a pair of APC's NS and can make an informed comparison of the two?

Bomull's pics really make me eager to see how mine will turn out.

and BTW i got a pair in size 30 up for sale.

Same light fabric as the jeans shown a couple of posts above (i bought them as a summer pair but i have to destroy my SExSC06 first and it will take me a while, i think), brand new, with tags. 50 euros (excluding shipping)

If you wanna give a pair of very good selvedge jeans a try, this is the cheapest they'll ever come

• 1 month later...

Here's what i got from a pair of 14oz Malmo after 4 months of almost everyday wear:

The pictures are pre-wash

DSC03178-1.jpg

the fading on the front pocket is due to my ages old but still working nokia 8310

DSC03179-1.jpg

wallet fade on the right and EDC flashlight on the left (iTP EOS A3)

Here's what i got from a pair of 14oz Malmo after 4 months of almost everyday wear:

The pictures are pre-wash

DSC03178-1.jpg

the fading on the front pocket is due to my ages old but still working nokia 8310

DSC03179-1.jpg

wallet fade on the right and EDC flashlight on the left (iTP EOS A3)

Looking really good! THe fades are very nice and the backpockets look awesome! A plus fro the brand is that they´ve named your pair after a city in southern Sweden, Malmo. Beautiful jeans however!

Onvis Malmo is really a good cut. it is one of the perfect cut for my build. The fabric feels thick for its weight at 14oz and the hardware is good enough. just my only complain is the stitching on the waistband and buttonhole is abit sloppy. other than that it is really worth the money..

good progression on them Ord. I can see alot of great creases coming along very nicely

I like the cut too, but i think i'll have the legs slightly taken in from the knee down as they flare a bit on the calves

It seems to be a well constructed pair of jeans, and for the price it is hard to find any major shortcoming.

Actually if you know any fellow Ozzie denimophile who would like to get a brand new unworn pair in size 30 for 60 bucks...

I bought a pair TTS and one down (a 29, the pair you see in the pictures).

I found the TTS pair fits me well but is a bit loose on the waist. I actually could've sized down TWO and the fit would have been ace

Sizingwise (and probably cutwise and fadingwise, correct me if i'm wrong, as i don't own any APC) i think the Malmo can be compared to APC's New Standards. Or not?

• 2 months later...

Evo pic for 14 oz malmos at 5months and a half

IMGP8556.jpg

I had the legs taken in almost an inch from the knee down (and the back pockets half lined but there is no backside picture to show it. Onvis signature stitching decoration on the right back pocket was also removed)