Stupid Questions at Work

Spare Ribs

One of the video editors I work with didn't know how to move a bug graphic from one corner of the screen to another. She's been working here for over four years.

Who do I have to sleep with to get that job?

Thankfully I never have to deal with consumers or customers. Worked enough food service and retail earlier in my life to realize FUCK THAT!

not really at work but was recently at a open day for a menswear course at csm,and some crazy bitch at the front goes 'sooo..on this menswear course can you just make womens clothes?'

obviosuly the guy just looked at her blankly and calmly said no.

"Where is the bread/pop/batteries/etc.?"

I hate when you're high and you go into the grocery store looking for something and you know you are never going to find it. so you ask some asshole that WORKS there hoping they will help you out, but they're salty because their boss is some obese lady named Tiffany who chews gum all the time, and wouldn't give them friday off to go see spiderman14 or to fuck their girlfriend on her day off.

but you are just a harmless, hapless addict. and they don't even want to help you find some fucking robitussin.

and then you get distracted in the candy aisle anyway.

I used to work at Sea World at one of the killer whale pools and this toothless redneck lady comes up to me and starts talking to me about the whales. We both stand there and watch as one swims right by us. and she turns to me with the most serious face and says "How long does it take you to paint them like that?"

facepalm

customers don't really ask stupid question. this coworker i had however.

O.

M.

G.

"hey, i know that that collection is over there but i was wondering if you know where else it could be?"

our store is fucking small and i see what you see what the fuck do you think??

"i know you just told me (yah like five seconds ago!!) but what is the color code again?"

she fucking asked me three times, straight one after another, in the span of thirty seconds. are you fucking kidding me? and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

even after she got transferred she still fucking manages to annoy me. over the phone.

"hey, you know that agenda we have, in the back theres a notepad, i have a customer here who wants to buy a refill do you guys have any?"

first of all, that store is fucking slow. only 25 people walk in on average for the whole nine hours they're open and that is if its a GOOD day. so why can't you look it up yourself?

although it would be kinda hard seeing as how we don't make refills for that.

you would think she'd know since she worked as stock before and have processed shipment containing calender refills and address book refills but NO notepad refills!!

gah

feels good to let that all out.

actually this question is now legit to ask.

I went to costco with a friend a couple weeks back and he was about to pay for his stuff when the cashier says that they don't take credit but only debit:confused:

wtf right???

"Do you guys take credit card?"

No, we just have the credit card reader in front of you for display. wtf.

i use to work at the uni bookstore and ugly bitches would ask to help them find ALL thier books. Like hoe i mean if you looked a bit better maybe but damn ask someone else.

this is truth

"Do you work here?"

No, I'm just standing around inside this wack store when its 80 degrees and sunny outside while wearing dumb ass slacks, and a lame button down tucked in with a big fuck'n name tag on it for shits and giggles.

Believe it or not, I've asked a lady for help in a Rite Aid or something and she turned out to work at another place where they had blue shirts and name tags and was just there on her break. x_x Bitched at me pretty sick too.

sundays at the chocoshop are officially annoying ass customer day.

two old ladies come in:

"oh, can i have another sample?"

"no. you can buy one."

"SALLY! i asked her for another sample, but she said no, i have to buy one now!"

woman and her son:

"the almond truffle is half off ma'am."

*goes to ring her up*

"oh, and the almond truffle is half off, right?"

yes bitch i just told you that you cheap fuck.

"yes, honey, she'll probably give us samples too!"

*hands her the bag without treats because she was being annoying as fuck*

"WHAAAAAT?! NO SAMPLES?"

"oh my, of course, here you go ma'am"

sent that dumb bitch off with some bitter ass chocolate.

honestly.

as a server(waiter) you get the most retarded questions asked on a daily basis. you have to have a poker face most of the time but sometimes you pretty much just roll your eyes, ever so slightly. or just pause and let them think about how retarded they sound. i used to get alot of dumb questions when i was in the financial industry but none really compare to the insolence of the average restaurant goer.

someone said this tonight

"what do i do with these dirty plates" pause pause.oh we can pick those up for you(now i take my time since i have a automatic gratuity anyways)

"do we pay here or up front" uh here?(these people only eat at diners)

"do you do anything for birthdays" i can throw a fancy candle in a desert(what the fuck do you want a hat or a song or some shit?)

'how much is that" pause pause. let me look at the menu. i dont keep track of these things. oh yeah its $7 pre tax.(can you not read the menu. our menu has prices you ingrate) i once had a guy ask how much something was on like 5 different items. after the second i actually pointed to the prices on the menu. he still didnt get it. he was even with a girl who had worked as a server in the same restaurant. he seemed like a normal dude.

people ask me if im the valet all the time at work. naw i just hang out by the valet stand and greet random ass people as they pull up.

and of course i lock your fucking car, and i know how the push button start works. If one more person tells me that their car is different because of the push button im gonna stab them in the face. It's always people driving nissans or some shit. bitch, them key have been around for a minute.