Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

hmm... I'm hoping the sleeves aren't too slim as even the Skookum varsity I have now won't allow for layering. maybe some measurements (I guess the bicep is most important)

I cut the arms on a curve, 3 piece, so they look varsity-esque with a twist: they look skinny from the front, skinny from the back, and normal from the side (with some round dimension of course) and fall off the shoulder square and run down the arm naturally (look at my fit pic) to enhance the shoulders and slim the arms.

Keep in mind that a Skookum is insulated, my jacket is not. It's the lambskin against pure silk and that's it, fairly thin. Lots of room in there for many kinds of arms.

Gonna have to get one with the maroon body and cream sleeves or heather grey body and white sleeves. I just need some long ass sleeves and it's a rap d.

Gonna post my baseline 46 cut's measurements in a second and then poll for shoulder to shoulder and arm lengths so I can finalize my scaled sizes. My sample has extra long arms btw, I like a stacked look on soft leather.

Liking it isn't there anychance of doing dark grey body and black sleeves like the W+H one and is the collar like that, wouldn't mind a "normal" one?
yeah I'm not really feeling that collar, but everything else looks amazing.

Black leather is an option, as is grey wool. Collar can be normal or foldback, these are all no-cost choices.

the collar is one of things i like the most. a lot more refined than a classic varsity collar.

will there be a grey cashmere option?

Gonna try real hard and look for a grey and navy cash fabric I'm satisfied with. Beyond content, it's more about the hand and look, imo. Angoras can have a nice hand as well, etc, etc. The colors themselves will be very basic, i.e. when you think of 'navy' it will definitely be 'navy' and grey along the same lines....

oh GOD the amount of steez being brought to the victims. i think indirectly as a result of seeing the production sample and the actual piece i have been subconsciously redirecting my style more toward americana so i have an excuse to buy this thing

:( i'd be all over that if it weren't for the wide shoulders

You can always order a 44 body and 46-length arms. I haven't even released measurements yet!! Gonna do that after I eat some lunch here

any chance of a caramel leather sleeve option?

yeah, probably a $10 surcharge because I'll have to invest in a separate color of leather for a single order, but no problem.

The beige and white are opaque finish, do you mean caramel aniline dyed transparent or opaque (painted)?