Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Are there going to be more denims coming out for the Greasers soon or is it just the 17oz Cone and Candiani? Does anyone know how the Candiani fades?

Also how does the 15oz Cone compare to the 13? I have the 13oz's now and I think I want my next pair to be a bit different.

Edited by jmfr

image_zpsd51c656d.jpg

The sweats and I watching the NCAA mens basketball championship last night. If I have time to throw them in the wash today I will, probably grab some more fits tomorrow. Oh also got the film back from a couple weeks ago, a lot of the film was underexposed due to the flash on the disposable sucking but ill post some shots from that dog walk today or tomorrow.

Are there going to be more denims coming out for the Greasers soon or is it just the 17oz Cone and Candiani? Does anyone know how the Candiani fades?

Also how does the 15oz Cone compare to the 13? I have the 13oz's now and I think I want my next pair to be a bit different.

I have a pair of 15 oz Chelseas. The denim is more different from the 13 oz than I was expecting. It's extremely soft out of the box, and feels really substantial. Others may be able to confirm or contradict my intuition here, but the weave feels looser. I really dig this fabric, and it's wearing in nicely. Pity it's too heavy for summer in the Northeast!

Got my 23 oz heavyweights yesterday too.  They are substantial!  A real nice, seemingly unbreakable pair of jeans.  Looking forward to wearing them for years to come.  Will try to get some pics up and updated sweat pants contest pics this weekend.   

Little update on my Chelsea Nisshinbo's (5mths, 1 soak, 1 wash).

I gave them a wash a couple of weeks back and they're fading real nice. A slight rip in the back pocket and cuff line might need some attention. I did a little homemade repair job on the bandana pockets.

2014-04-08182442.jpg

2014-04-08182407.jpg

Photo's were taken on my phone, sorry for the poor quality.

Edited by birofunk

@sombrero for the Greaser we got restocks on the White Oak, 15 oz, and new 17 oz, Candiani, 23 oz collect, and Black Maria restocks. We are cutting the 10 oz JAP. deadstock with Nep a little later for summer. 

Glad people are liking the 23 oz I thought the stitching looked good for such a heavy fabric. 

^^^^i want detailed shots of all the denims as possible please.

I picked up the Candiani Greaser's at the shop yesterday. I'll be sure to post pictures by the end of the week.

They are very soft right off the bat compared to my Nisshinbo's which took a little while to break in.

Edited by EmperorSelassieEye

@sombrero for the Greaser we got restocks on the White Oak, 15 oz, and new 17 oz, Candiani, 23 oz collect, and Black Maria restocks. We are cutting the 10 oz JAP. deadstock with Nep a little later for summer. 

Glad people are liking the 23 oz I thought the stitching looked good for such a heavy fabric. 

Shit I might be in on those 10oz's.

I'm holding out for the 10 oz. That is, if my memory is correct that you're cutting the fabric in Chelsea...

Got my Heavy Nep Greaser's in the mail today. Loving the fabric, and it's details. They are a lot softer then I thought they were going to be. Not a bad thing, I actually like they aren't stiff. They're gonna be great for Spring/Summer. The green selvedge line is a really cool detail. 

Here are a couple crappy pics as I only have my phone, or iPad for taking them.

3bae4c29bc9ac40ec102f1a1322c4da9_zps2bfe1cf392f48c1b98690ed0659b1ad47aa9_zps714bf446f994a4b7f371df60f7dd3d10007e_zps64451f4b2912aefa6d895944ea6f0985403c_zpsbe78

Edited by n8iveguy

Got my Heavy Nep Greaser's in the mail today. Loving the fabric, and it's details. They are a lot softer then I thought they were going to be. Not a bad thing, I actually like they aren't stiff. They're gonna be great for Spring/Summer. The green selvedge line is a really cool detail. 

Here are a couple crappy pics as I only have my phone, or iPad for taking them.

3bae4c29bc9ac40ec102f1a1322c4da9_zps2bfe1cf392f48c1b98690ed0659b1ad47aa9_zps714bf446f994a4b7f371df60f7dd3d10007e_zps64451f4b2912aefa6d895944ea6f0985403c_zpsbe78

I like the double belt loops at the back, that seems like a useful detail for larger sizes.

I don't know if I should soak these Heavy Nep jeans before I wear them, or just wear them. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

My advice is unorthodox but you can trust me.  I would hot soak them and then dry the living piss out of them to remove all shrinkage.  I've had significant shrinkage with anything and everything I've ever owned, raw or sanforized.

I believe it was foxy2 who made an interesting point in another thread about fungicides and anti-mold agents in textiles in the market.  At minimum, a soak to remove these chemicals would not be unwise.  LF might be able to shed some light on the fabrics used and to what extent such agents are used.

^damn, andrew! you're right about setting a high standard. those are looking great!

i love seeing everyone's mods.

stryker came by the shop with his modded pair on saturday. so dope. SO DOPE. mod-game stepped up by him big time. he should be posting about them soon.

suspense...

If you leaked my mod and he did it, you owe me free pho phoever.

@jyoni--  hallelujah!  Start wearing in those new denims and lay off the sweats!

You'll be happy to know I got a huge glob of polyurethane glue on them.  I'm destroying fabric trying to remove it and will have to patch.

I'm sure you're secretly delighted to see my sweats out of commission for a bit :D :D :D j/k

Edited by jyoni

i'm innocent.

If you leaked my mod and he did it, you owe me free pho phoever.

When I have a house, I'm going to have a room full of denim rather than children.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one with similar thinking.

My advice is unorthodox but you can trust me.  I would hot soak them and then dry the living piss out of them to remove all shrinkage.  I've had significant shrinkage with anything and everything I've ever owned, raw or sanforized.

I believe it was foxy2 who made an interesting point in another thread about fungicides and anti-mold agents in textiles in the market.  At minimum, a soak to remove these chemicals would not be unwise.  LF might be able to shed some light on the fabrics used and to what extent such agents are used.

Yeah my Nisshinbo's shrunk quite a bit in length after my first wash. That's an interesting point about the chemicals as well.

By the way guys, all the cool people are taking #rawfie 's on Instagram.