Robert Geller Fall 2009

mouko

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Blackbird have some of the A/W 09 online. Any other online stockists got anything in yet? And what's the fit like? Last Geller I owned was last fall's line and I was a 52 in the shirts. Same kind of fit for this season? Really want a plaid and the fencing shirt in black. In fact, does the fencing shirt fit long? I'm talking the strap collar shirt long.

Cheers people.

So Blackbird have some of the A/W 09 online. Any other online stockists got anything in yet? And what's the fit like? Last Geller I owned was last fall's line and I was a 52 in the shirts. Same kind of fit for this season? Really want a plaid and the fencing shirt in black. In fact, does the fencing shirt fit long? I'm talking the strap collar shirt long.

Cheers people.

Having similar debates myself. I'll go to the Brooklyn store that stocks Geller (forget the name) and try some stuff on. I've always been a 46 in Geller and am guessing that hasn't changed. I can measure 52's if you want if they have any.

My dilemma is more a financial one.. There are 12 'MUST HAVE' pieces for me in this collection, which will run something absurd like $5,000 :( Pieces like the long riding coat (the wool one with the strap on the back) are $1,200 and without Odin buying up tons of stock I'm super worried about waiting for things to go on sale. ugh.

I feel your pain man. Think I'll have to stick to a couple of shirts, even though I'd like a pair of pants and that great belt.

I don't begrudge Blackbird the extra sales, but when I first started buying Geller I had more than a day or so to decide what I wanted. Seems the popularity of the brand hasn't slipped because the black fencing shirt got rinsed quick.

Cheers for the suggestion on measurements. I've noticed a number of his shirts are quite long which is a little frustrating as I'm not built for tucking. Neither the plaids or the fencing shirts look particularly long on Blackbird, but maybe that's just the sizing they went for.

i might stop by the brooklyn store tonight and scope out what the fit is like since i suspect i'll need a 44, hopefully the arms are not as long as s/s because my 46 gathered sleeve shirt goes to my fucking fingertips. this season is beautiful, thats all i'm saying.

I've been frustrated by the fit too sometimes. As I said, I made a bee-line for the strap collar when I saw it, but it was way too long and the cuffs just seemed like they were missing an extra button to bring them in a bit. If any from the new line is the same I'll just have to pass.

I don't begrudge Blackbird the extra sales, but when I first started buying Geller I had more than a day or so to decide what I wanted. Seems the popularity of the brand hasn't slipped because the black fencing shirt got rinsed quick.

Did they actually sell a bunch or did they only order 44/46/48? I was wondering this online as it went on with only those sizes. Could just be the buy or the shipment?

edit: p.s. is there still a Blackbird SuFu discount?!

The fencing shirt is actually a bit bigger than other Geller shirts I've tried. I tried on the 48, and although it was too small for me, it was much larger than previous seasons. I would say it fit like a previous season 50. either way, I want it, and I want it BADLY! Nicole (Blackbird owner/buyer) KNOWS I love Geller more than any other brand...so why didn't she buy it in my size? I literally buy up EVERYTHING they get from RG in my size!

a.s.

The fencing shirt is actually a bit bigger than other Geller shirts I've tried. I tried on the 48, and although it was too small for me, it was much larger than previous seasons. I would say it fit like a previous season 50. either way, I want it, and I want it BADLY! Nicole (Blackbird owner/buyer) KNOWS I love Geller more than any other brand...so why didn't she buy it in my size? I literally buy up EVERYTHING they get from RG in my size!

a.s.

Yikes I just bought it in 46. Hope it fits like a 46 :)

Oh! I like that! Funny, I met Karl at DH on Rue Royale in Paris when I used to live there...that's one of the MAIN reasons I got into Hedi so hard, is cuz KL loved him so much. Man, if the greatest in womenswear looks up to him and is willing to change his LIFE to fit into his clothes, that's gotta mean something...then came S/S07...and I died...sold ALL of my DH except some old VoTC jawns...now I'm a Victim of The Geller.

a.s.

just to clarify, i hope you didn't take it badly, it was meant to be tongue in cheek ahah.

i think karl looks like a fool though, but yeah, i'm all for people going into a healthier lifestyle whatever the reason for them to make that decision is.

This is what I got from Blackbird for a 48 and 50:

Fencing 50 / 48

pit to pit - 53 / 51

shoulders - 46 / 43

seam to cuff - 66 / 65

I'm sure that seems right for a 50 from previous seasons. At least the contrast collar I mistakenly got in a 50 had a similar p2p. Saying that, the shoulder does seem larger. I'm sure a 50's normally 17.5 rather than just over 18. But hey, what's half an inch between pals.

It'd be good to know what size they went for the fit pic on Blackbird's blog and e-store as they look completely different. I want it to fit more like the e-store. It sounds like I'm the same as NDG's sizing, anyway.

Any rough p2p measurements on the fencing shirts?? I've only had Geller outerwear and have no idea what I need for shirting. I'm a pretty true 46.

I'm a true 46 as well and all my Geller shirts have been 46. I find it hard to believe we'd need anything else as I've bought a 46 from every season :)

And to answer the above question, I purchased the fencing shirt in white.