G Star Raw Denim

Parker669

oh man i looked neighbours jeans and i saw some beautiful shit, i think this will be my next pre-washed jeans.

wtf is the difference between prefaded and distressed?

but neighbours however is REALLLLLLLLY expensive but ill buy it since it will be my last prewashed/prefaded (however u call it) jeans.

where can i find a regular straight legged 32 waist, 32 length jeans since im from vancouver, bc and theres no store that sells them here so ive heard.

so where to order online?

Gap star isn't really bad quality, but for that price you can get higher quality raw denim.

Also (atleast here in Holland) alot of people wear gap star, so you will see people wearing the same jeans you have like 10 times a day, if not more. So as conclusion, don't buy anymore gap star jeans and focus more on raw-denim. (+ don't buy neighbours, same as PRPS, you pay far too much for what you get)

What a wreck of a thread.

Anyway, I have seen some really nice worn in pairs of G-star in the past.

And while I understand that they are not really jeans for Superfuture and are indeed on the same level as Diesel, I must say that I respect the way they developed a certain style/image for the brand and really tend to stick with that. I personally find it quite an interesting image aswell and imagine that it could be reallyreally good if it were to be done by a higher end more niche brand.

But that's just me...

(I also feel that for the completeness of Superdenim it wouldn't be bad to have threads on these kind of brands aswell)

I also feel that for the completeness of Superdenim it wouldn't be bad to have threads on these kind of brands aswell

i agree. such threads bring together a bunch of users in need of negging into one convenient, concentrated and easy to find place. very useful indeed.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

just came from the g star store in chicago. you guys are all badmouthing them but i was pretty impressed. but then again i'm not a denim snob, im only starting to step my game up. i thought the cuts were SPOT ON for someone of average/athletic build for a slim fit. however i agree with the others that their prewashed stuff is a little wack, there raw is nice and i really liked a 'crushed black' raw that is really sweet that bleeds through really dark blue.

Nobody's bad mouthing them. They just aint a repro brand, which isn't a bad thing. I've always enjoyed to see what silhouettes they would put raw denim into. They are definitely a fashion brand and I've always been impressed with their design and construction, especially their outwear. Just wouldn't go for the jeans, thats all.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, so who knows some of the bigger retailers?? yes, i know there are a few g-star stores, and yes, i know nordstroms/bloomingdales carries them. are there a few major suppliers anyone recommends? thanks

bump