Ann Demeulemeester Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

thanks

great natural progression

loved the hats and pants, the knits are so much stronger than fw08 knits kinda sucked then,

not soo keen on this version of the rdidng boots but shes doe ultimate boots again which il cop some way or another soo soo nice in pony hair, fabrics used are reat but not so keen on the details ie buttons a bit to theatrical type for me

even still great collection but nothin drastically new we havn't seen before but she will still take alot of money from me with this but nothing compare to reeeeek

Guest jhaime9

thanks inaya,

seriously good collection...i love the trousers tucked into boots military-esque look & this does remind me of number (n)ine a bit with that in mind.

the over-sized knit coats are just a must!

A more structured collection this time for the men from ann; i love the chained broaches on the blazer jackets...the black rose embellishment is also damn hot.

The first Ann dem collection i could see myself wearing for some seasons now...

I'm not sure where we're getting subdued from - admittedly the color palette is earthy but no matter which way you cut it that layering and those jackets are not "subdued" by any means. I see the reference Toto is making all too clearly - this doesn't even feel like a modern interpretation to me hardly aside from a few pieces. It just looks straight-up vintage. Like a really expensive costume you'd wear to a comics convention.

This stuff kind of looks like it's for dorks.

No offense to the lot of you but I can count on one - maybe two - hands the number of people on here who can pull off those knits. I don't know why dudes be wildin' over those things because everyone is going to look retarded in them. No one has even pulled off those big Geller knits yet. You're not ready for that next level, SuFu.

it's the same ol same ol

i thought s/s 08 was pretty fresh both in concept and execution. This is just reverting back to the comfort zone. even f/w 07/08, which I was not a huge fan of in person, I thought in the styling and details stuck within the Ann mold while offering something a bit more out of the box for her.

To me it looks like some alternate history Romantic period dress, where Keats and Byron were hunting vampires or something.

2ebwn6f.jpg

I can see where you're coming from with that. The clothes themselves are not bad, it is just she has been down this path many times already.

I suppose the way I see it is how prof money tuff explained his dislike for the Raf show - did not really take anything in a new direction. Different strokes for different folks...as garments on their own, clothing like this is more on my vibe than the latest Raf show, but as a runway presentation, I thought the latter was more interesting in its statement.