Fashionale Items - Post Pics

englandmj7

Thought this might be a fun post:

Post pics of some of your favorite articles of clothing over the past few years, you don't have to own it, and it can be anything, hats, shirts, pants, anything.

Here goes mine:

Ubiq Tweeds

jrwkty.jpg

Visvim Knit Backpack

jrwmc9.jpg

Harris Tweed M65

jrwmld.jpg

Dior Homme Rebel Jeans:

jrwmrm.jpg

icon_smile.gif

Eh....I know I spelt "fashionable" wrong in the title.......oops

Edited by englandmj7 on Jan 6, 2006 at 12:19 AM

the appeal of that Visvim backpack is completely lost on me. It looks like a completely generic Eastpak backpack that high school kids across America have, except the bottom part is leather instead of canvas... W T F ??? What's the point??

Quote: W T F ??? What's the point??

Eh.......as a mod you of all people should know that straying off topic in a negative manner is usually completely unecessary. I like the backpack, it it is simple and looks nice, I could give a shit if it was Eastpak or Jansport.....why don't you post an item that you like instead of a criticism..........

Quote:
Quote: W T F ??? What's the point??

Eh.......as a mod you of all people should know that straying off topic in a negative manner is usually completely unecessary. I like the backpack, it it is simple and looks nice, I could give a shit if it was Eastpak or Jansport.....why don't you post an item that you like instead of a criticism..........

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jan 6, 2006 12:10 AM

Huh? I'm not going off topic. Just posting my opinion. And asking you what you like about it. I'm honestly curious, that's all. I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to understand the appeal of the backpack. The only "Visvim" part is the leather bottom, correct? Isn't the pack itself just a semi-generic brand backpack? Or did Visvim design/produce the whole thing?

Quote:

Eastpak and JanSports both had leather bottoms! Damn anyone remember heads getting robbed for their JanSports OR just their jansport little ribbon things that hung off the zippers?? Or was this just a brooklyn thing?

--- Original message by My Pal the Crook on Jan 6, 2006 01:33 AM

Haha, I used to jack peoples ribbon things. I still got one bag with like 3 times as many as they were supposed to have.

The kid with the most knoweldge

Will touch and attain top dollas

^^ Yes, it is the cable knit bottom backpack. Some have elk bottoms, which are not as nice, which is why I did not post them. If you own a pair of Visvims or any Visvim clothing you would know that the exterior is normally simple and appears plain, but it is the attention to detail and craftsmanship that I like about their products. If you see other pics of the backpack it has all kinds of unique compartments, straps, designs, etc. As well as elk hide attached to the zippers and beautiful knitting work. That is why I like it..........

Also, about the Tweed shoes, I am pretty sure you could only get them in Japan and haven't found them online. They came out about 2-3 months ago........

Edited by englandmj7 on Jan 6, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Quote: do they sell the ubiq's at the ubiq store in philly?

I always thought that UBIQ in Philadelphia and the Japanese footwear brand UBIQ were unrelated; anyone know?.........

As far as the strength of the backpack goes, when Visvim puts lighter fabrics on shirts pockets, flaps on the shoes, etc. they put a stronger one underneath. I am positive that the backpack has nylon or leather undernearth the cable knit and the knit is sewn on to give the impression of being the bottom, because otherwise, yes, it would rip VERY easily......

Edited by englandmj7 on Jan 6, 2006 at 12:00 PM

• 4 weeks later...

to take the thread further off topic.. where can i get the driftwood skull ring? i remember seeing it on jc report a long while back but i couldn't locate somewhere i could buy it... how much do they run and where? anyone? :)

also, i saw the visvim packs in person today- they are really really well made, i'm really considering getting one now. the only problem with the cable knit bottom is that you always put your bag down on its bottom- cable knit would be terrible for that- especially white cable knit. i'll probably pick up the black/black hypate x20 with the elk bottom if i do get one.

to take the thread further off topic.. where can i get the driftwood skull ring? i remember seeing it on jc report a long while back but i couldn't locate somewhere i could buy it... how much do they run and where? anyone? :)

also, i saw the visvim packs in person today- they are really really well made, i'm really considering getting one now. the only problem with the cable knit bottom is that you always put your bag down on its bottom- cable knit would be terrible for that- especially white cable knit. i'll probably pick up the black/black hypate x20 with the elk bottom if i do get one.

Quote:

the appeal of that Visvim backpack is completely lost on me. It looks like a completely generic Eastpak backpack that high school kids across America have, except the bottom part is leather instead of canvas... W T F ??? What's the point??

--- Original message by minya on Jan 5, 2006 10:33 PM

the point is those eastpaks dont have any compartment to store your G4...

Quote:

--- Original message by minya on Jan 5, 2006 10:33 PM

A) it is a bad picture B) seems very common these days to judge things only by looking at 72 dpi images other than going out and actually looking at the product in the flesh C) if you did you'd recognize the differences to, let's say, Eastpack D) but you would also note the similarities to a Burton or Arc'teryx rucksack E) it is a fairly well-made rucksack but impractical in many ways (Shaker - too fragile, Hypatex = dirt-magnet, etc.) and for that just too expensive

Too many people talk too much about too many things they know too little about.

Quote:

A) it is a bad picture B) seems very common these days to judge things only by looking at 72 dpi images other than going out and actually looking at the product in the flesh C) if you did you'd recognize the differences to, let's say, Eastpack D) but you would also note the similarities to a Burton or Arc'teryx rucksack E) it is a fairly well-made rucksack but impractical in many ways (Shaker - too fragile, Hypatex = dirt-magnet, etc.) and for that just too expensive

--- Original message by Olli Twist on Feb 5, 2006 10:18 AM

A) I've seen it in person B) I've examined it in the flesh, although I admittedly didn't open it up look at the inside C) I made that judgment for myself based upon handling it, rather than looking at a 72 dpi image of it.

Your signature: "Too many people talk too much about too many things they know too little about"

is extremely appropriate in this instance! Nice one!

Edited by minya on Feb 5, 2006 at 10:54 AM