Sprogs, nippers, bambinos: pint-sized denim

Paul T

Taking this thread on another slight tangent,

I was just reading my 4year old a story called 'aliens love underpants' and I notice the illustrator has made a point of drawing some selvage levi's hanging inside out on the washing line. Twisted sea ms and everything. the next page has them on a bed. I'd put them at a pair of 60's type501's:p

So... denim in kids books. What we got?:D

Graham marsh, who I did the Denim book with, has just published a kid's book, his story and illustrations, called Max and the Lost Note.

He showed me a copy, lots of Bass Weejuns, Miles Davis covers and Vespas on display, I forgot to check to look if there was any selvage visible, but I'll check.

6a00d83451cbb069e20120a57fa0ae970b-pi

Cool. I'll get my kids (myself) a copy of that.

Is it available to buy as yet? some bods on the Modculture forum would be very keen on that.

Graham marsh, who I did the Denim book with, has just published a kid's book, his story and illustrations, called Max and the Lost Note.

He showed me a copy, lots of Bass Weejuns, Miles Davis covers and Vespas on display, I forgot to check to look if there was any selvage visible, but I'll check.

6a00d83451cbb069e20120a57fa0ae970b-pi

Oh man, that's an absolute pisser. I take it you never got an inkling of which piece of shit took them?

Oh man, that's an absolute pisser. I take it you never got an inkling of which piece of shit took them?

Well,its a very unpleasant story,including splitting up with my first wife,resulting in some trouble with (ex)friends now and me deciding to decline from the major german scooterscene.I heard rumours the bikes went to east germany and now are in Holland.but that are just rumours,no evidence for this.Do you know "Sticky" Martin Round? I am a member of Speed Demons SC,would love to go to an english rally next year.I am one of the people organising the Holiday in Holland Rallies some years ago.

Sounds grim. I don't know sticky personally but he's very well known over here.

I'm not really one for rallies. I prefer my comforts. Go to the isle of wight most years but gave it a miss this year.

Quite a few of my friends and others from my SC go to the holiday in holland rallies, but i'm way too lazy.

Sufu SC (dads division) here we come ;)

New Originals. We're a very small, utterly disorganised bunch in North London. Couple of our guys- Stuart & Billy attend all the european rallies

as long a Salaami is not posting here,i think its fair to derail this thread for a while.a little story to the uk based scooterparents:

In 1997 some friends and me went to the Mersea Island Rally.At the ferryport here in Hamburg i realized that my first wife and me had the passports switched(she wasnt travelling with us).I have to mention that she was a bit special,the picture in her passport showed her with shaved hair.which was my prefered haircut then.at the customs we had to show our passport,the lady looked at the photo,looked at me ( cropped hair ) and waved me trough.in that moment my my name changed from Markus to Svenja.Got really pissed on the ferry to Harwich with some bikers from germany,at the english customs we got waved through,the bikers got stopped by the customs.dont know what happened to them,but they where drunk as fuck as were we.Mersey Island was an alcoholic,drug abusing orgie.on sunday morning i crawled out of the tent,first words i recall are:"Di and Dodie died!"

It was the morning after Lady Di got killed in france.I remember lots of people crying about that ,mostly women.anyway,time to go back to germany.went to the ferry,no passports were in need.being on the ferry again we started drinking again( the journey lasted 23 hours),listening to some livemusic from some russian musicians.they finished their set and asked over the mic if somebody had any special wishes.

I was drunk as fuck and shouted:"Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson!"

Some english lads answered,well abused:"thats not making you popular!".I couldnt resist and shouted back:"popupar?whats popular,we aint got it in our repertoire!".after that the hell broke out and we got into a massive fight.hence my slightly bended nose.but we had a great time!

Sounds a hoot :))

I remember having the news broken to me in a taxi back from a nightclub. The next day in a pub in camden, some punk girl was wearing a 'lady Di-ed'. Quite amusing I thought.

Anyway, back on track, here are a couple of scans from that book...

2dj75z7.jpg

1w4r9.jpg

Hey Almostnice!

Holiday in Holland was my favourite rally, used to love it(well apart from the zenophobic english arseholes who went). Excellent atmosphere and quality tunes. I miss it sooooooo much. Please organise it again, there's only Amiens that fills the gap and that's nowhere near as good. I do remember speaking to a lad from Hamburg in a St Pauli T-shirt one year, we were best mates for about half an hour, anti-fascists united, it may have been the substances tho.Big + rep for organising that!

Rally's over here are ok-ish, full of twats generally which is why I prefer the European do's although since the advent of my beautiful daughter they are kinda on the back burner for a while. Although there's a possibility of Mersea and Exmouth next year.

You know any of the Vulcans?

I know the Vulcans as a club but none personally,well not that I can remember now,always beeing too drunk on rallies.

I got once smacked in the toilets by Paddy Smiths,he was pissed out of his head and thought I was another bloke.

Did you where there when some brits killed the landlords cock,cause he was making too much noise in the early morning?that was the 2nd or 3rd rally in Borculo.

we paid him 50 Guilders for it.

I believe it was also that one where some scots used the toiletdoors for a bonfire.well,that cost a lot more,I think we had to use the insurance for this.