Samurai special edition

asfberg

thanks takashi

actually finding typing a little harder after buttoning these things up (fingertips are raw)

will try to get some pics later today

had to ask a japanese friend to help with the translation on the website as google gave momotaro the name "pink taro"

either way i'm not familiar with the story (old woman finds a boy in a peach while washing her clothes in the river or something ...)

i'm a 33 or 34 depending (skinny 34)

they fit great but i haven't rinsed them and i doubt i will

think i'll give them a few days or weeks of wear and see where they are then

if they're too baggy i'll give them a spray with a water bottle and see what happens

slim fit similar to sd-103 but the denim is heavier and rougher so it's hard to compare

actually the denim is so rough now it's like a scouring pad

but in a good way

they have a life of their own

Cool, I think we are the same size. I'm about a 33 too, I'm a slim 34.

Haha, are the jeans painful to wear? They're unsanforized, right? I think you should wash them once. Considering how heavy they are, they'll still be stiff as amotherfucker after the wash.

they're unsanforized, yep

they're not exactly painful, but you do notice them ...

i doubt i'll wash them as i never really wash jeans

they'll get wet from wearing them in the rain and snow

but most likely i'll spray them down in the next week or so and wear them while they're drying

if they stretch out and need some shrinking i'll give them a shower wash

i can wait years for a fade

not in any rush

Take my advice, don't go spraying them with water, wearing them while damp, scratching them, scraping them, or any other artificial way of trying to break them in.

Just wear them mate, just wear them.

Terrific jeans like that will develop their own look on their own without any 'help' from you.

Just my 2p.

ok, pics with both

may have to wait for morning as the flash on the camera's not fantastic for this

the legs are really long - at least 39" (i'm pretty tall)

look at the selvedge in the rakuten shots - there's a metal thread in there

and it feels like there's more in the weave somewhere

Quote:

ok, pics with both

may have to wait for morning as the flash on the camera's not fantastic for this

the legs are really long - at least 39" (i'm pretty tall)

look at the selvedge in the rakuten shots - there's a metal thread in there

and it feels like there's more in the weave somewhere

--- Original message by asfberg on Dec 22, 2005 04:24 PM

selvedge bling! must be platinum...

ask a cassowary

If those jeans are unsanforized you are going to shoot yourself in a few months for not soaking and shrinking them. You will not lose much, if any, indigo during a cold soak and the jeans will shrink about a full size. I would recomend, if you don't want to soak the jeans, spraying them with water and wearing them until they are dry.

because when the day comes and he has to wash them, they will shrink a ton and the creases or fading... what have you, will be in a completely different place. plus it is just nice to have the jeans fit the same way all the time. Also (and this has happened to me) if he gets a portion of the jeans wet at an inopportune time, then only that portion will shrink and it is quite dramatic. I had a car drive by and splash my right pant leg, causing the leg to shrink about an inch. Also, it doesn't affect the jeans much, if at all (other than the shrinkage), to soak them in cold water. i believe it is good just to get it out of the way.