Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

So, I've been wearing my 5010s for just a few months now, and already I'm having a couple small quality issues. These aren't big things, but I'm just getting concerned that these aren't going to hold up for as long and as hard as I hoped they would.

Here are some flicks:

The leather tab is coming off:

IMG_0404-1.jpg

And part of the stitching on the inseam is just starting to come undone (pardon my vocabulary):

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Now, I've been very happy with these jeans up until now. I love the fit, but I'm concerned about them holding up over the next few years.

I'm probably sounding a little alarmist, and these are probably simple to repairs, but I'm starting to feel like these things are just going to come apart at the seams.

Has anyone else had issues like this with their Skulls?

So, I've been wearing my 5010s for just a few months now, and already I'm having a couple small quality issues. These aren't big things, but I'm just getting concerned that these aren't going to hold up for as long and as hard as I hoped they would.

Now, I've been very happy with these jeans up until now. I love the fit, but I'm concerned about them holding up over the next few years.

I'm probably sounding a little alarmist, and these are probably simple to repairs, but I'm starting to feel like these things are just going to come apart at the seams.

The cotton thread is not as durable as the poly-cotton that are used these days. I guess it's the price you have to pay for authenticity -and you learn crafts too. It's a trip to the feminine side of your being, a side that is so often suppressed in our male-centered societies... Ying and yang or should I say weft and warp my Skullsbrother :)

Yeah man I've been having the same problem. I've had mine just over six months, and it feels like they're falling apart!

I've got stitching coming off, on the leather tab, inside of the thighs, on the front pockets, and on the hems.

Also some nasty rips where I was cuffing (I think this is thanks to my velcro jack purcells)...

So I was pretty disapointed too! The denim itself seems to be holding up well, except for the holes where I cuffed, and a small one from my wallet... but the stitching is a bit disapointing...

I didn't have these sorts of problems with either my APCs or Nudies. I understand that the skulls aren't using Poly-cotton threads, but still...

I hoped for some more durability, especially from some japanese jeans (which cost more than my APCs or Nudies) and is always touted around here as the ultra premium...

(I still love them though; and I do like them a lot more than the APCs & nudies in terms of fit and denim colour and fading... just annoying to keep having to repair every few weeks...)

EDIT: And it's not like I even do anything strenuous in them. I put my other jeans through much more physical activity! I pretty much just sit around or walk in my skulls, nothing worse than that :(

I understand that the skulls aren't using Poly-cotton threads, but still...

dont they used the poly cotton blend thread though? when i was deciding between FH and Skull that was one aspect that kiya mentioned, pretty sure he said the skulls were the poly blend and the flat heads were 100%cotton..

^^^

The cotton thread is not as durable as the poly-cotton that are used these days. I guess it's the price you have to pay for authenticity -and you learn crafts too. It's a trip to the feminine side of your being, a side that is so often suppressed in our male-centered societies... Ying and yang or should I say weft and warp my Skullsbrother :)

I have no idea then. Are there any other reasons for the threads to come out some easily?

dont they used the poly cotton blend thread though? when i was deciding between FH and Skull that was one aspect that kiya mentioned, pretty sure he said the skulls were the poly blend and the flat heads were 100%cotton..

Pretty sure Shinichi said they were cotton here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=195758&postcount=144. He even offered to send thread for those who want to get their jeans fixed or do their own repairs.

The gf has had thread unraveling from the bottom hem of her Lindas for a while. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=366217#post366217

Mine are still new, but I'm sure they'll start falling apart soon, especially since I've been riding my bike (hello crotch holes). My plan is just to try and get them fixed if and when that happens.

When I was in the shop, Kiya said that the Flat Heads would last like 10x longer, which is one reason that I went with them at first (especially since I've already seen the problems that other folks have had with their Skulls falling apart). But then I decided to go with the cut that I preferred, and worry about the falling-apart-jeans problem when it comes up. And maybe having done a soak early on will help a little?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nino viewpost.gif

Does anyone own the 5000xx? Im considering a pair of those ... and it would be nice to see some pics and hear how you like the fit, denim, etc.

this question went stone cold unanswered when it was first posted about half a year back---so time for a repost, i reckon.

anybody....? (echoes down the canyon)

ive got a friend who just bought a pair....i'll get him to post pics up. they looked awesome.

This jeans are 5109XXS.....the old customer had put them in our store for some repair at this time last year.

He said because this broken condition is a taste only of 100% cotton yarn, it is my favorite.

Therefore we gave only the reinforcement of the hips circumference without touching them of broken thread.

the denim fades.

the thread fades too, and decay.

the button and the rivet of the plastron also increase the taste due to the secular distortion.

We has come wanting to make such jeans up to now.

Finally the jeans could return to him after one year passing.

DSC_6734.jpg

we love vintage style.

Dedicated to this jeans owner.

adapted from >>

pics source >>

Go back to APCs.

lol, I'm not sure if this is a joke?

I never actually liked my APCs much at all... maybe just not the fit I'm after, and fading I got wasn't exactly spectacular (but in terms of construction, quality, etc they are great value for money).

I'm still very much a fan of the skulls, don't worry about that. I guess it will be interesting to see how long they hold up.

ok so here are some pics----fit is a tad baggy which i like

i need to get them hemmed so ignore the huge roll

@shinichi:

man how come that 34 lenght is soooo long...i'm 186cm tall and i really need to hem those

no matter what awesome jeans!

479842878_e98402f680.jpg

479856853_75ab215c85.jpg

ok so here are some pics----fit is a tad baggy which i like

i need to get them hemmed so ignore the huge roll

@shinichi:

man how come that 34 lenght is soooo long...i'm 186cm tall and i really need to hem those

479842878_e98402f680.jpg

479856853_75ab215c85.jpg

looks good. i used to wear my jeans like this before the skinny look thing. glad you're bringing it back.

also, not sure why people are having issues with their skulls. i've been wearing mine pretty consistently for 3 months now and they've been rock solid. can't see them ripping anywhere anytime soon.

Pretty sure Shinichi said they were cotton here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=195758&postcount=144. He even offered to send thread for those who want to get their jeans fixed or do their own repairs.

The gf has had thread unraveling from the bottom hem of her Lindas for a while. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=366217#post366217

Mine are still new, but I'm sure they'll start falling apart soon, especially since I've been riding my bike (hello crotch holes). My plan is just to try and get them fixed if and when that happens.

When I was in the shop, Kiya said that the Flat Heads would last like 10x longer, which is one reason that I went with them at first (especially since I've already seen the problems that other folks have had with their Skulls falling apart). But then I decided to go with the cut that I preferred, and worry about the falling-apart-jeans problem when it comes up. And maybe having done a soak early on will help a little?

I hadn't heard any of this when I bought mine at BiG - I guess I wasn't asking the right questions. I just assumed that they would be similar in quality and durability to the other jeans they stock. I sort of wish I had known - I might not have bought them.

I'm still happy with the fit and fading, guess I'll just wear them into the ground and hope I can keep up with repairs to make them last. We'll see how this summer goes when I'm skating five days a week.

@shinichi:

no raw..

You need to soak them, they'll shrink to fit (e.g. the inseam will shrink)...

I hadn't heard any of this when I bought mine at BiG - I guess I wasn't asking the right questions. I just assumed that they would be similar in quality and durability to the other jeans they stock. I sort of wish I had known - I might not have bought them.

I'm still happy with the fit and fading, guess I'll just wear them into the ground and hope I can keep up with repairs to make them last. We'll see how this summer goes when I'm skating five days a week.

I think BiG carries mostly one-wash so one can wear them asap if they'd like. A one-wash is just pre-soaked or pre-shrunk so you get to try on how yer jeans will really fit. It's true raw that needs to be soaked and dried--and where you take a real gamble over fit. In otherwords--one-wash has already been "soaked" and shrunk--otherwise it's basically the same jeans and same quality, I'd imagine.

At least this is what I've come to understand after reading the threads on this board. :shrugs: :)

You need to soak them, they'll shrink to fit (e.g. the inseam will shrink)...

I think BiG carries mostly one-wash so one can wear them asap if they'd like. A one-wash is just pre-soaked or pre-shrunk so you get to try on how yer jeans will really fit. It's true raw that needs to be soaked and dried--and where you take a real gamble over fit. In otherwords--one-wash has already been "soaked" and shrunk--otherwise it's basically the same jeans and same quality, I'd imagine.

At least this is what I've come to understand after reading the threads on this board. :shrugs: :)

What are you talking about? Are you coming at my with this nonsense?

Do some reading, kid.

in my book if you look like this, reading ability comes a distant second.

4mjyqsn.jpg

for reals. isoform can ramble on all she wants. no offense taken here:)