Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

im not sure if this is in the thread or not.. but i see the measurements from skull's official's site and selfedge's site to be very different... eg. the thigh measurements of a pair of 5507 for w33 is 30cm, where for selfedge 12.5 inch( 32 cm)...

who's should i go with?? caus if i go w/ selfedge's measurement, 5010 seems to fit better, where if i go w/ skull's measurements, 5507 is a better choice... sooooo confusing.. (wait... is selfedge's measurements on a pair of RAW ??)

im not sure if this is in the thread or not.. but i see the measurements from skull's official's site and selfedge's site to be very different... eg. the thigh measurements of a pair of 5507 for w33 is 30cm, where for selfedge 12.5 inch( 32 cm)...

who's should i go with?? caus if i go w/ selfedge's measurement, 5010 seems to fit better, where if i go w/ skull's measurements, 5507 is a better choice... sooooo confusing.. (wait... is selfedge's measurements on a pair of RAW ??)

skull's method of measuring thigh is kinda strange, too tired to explain it right now but it's on their website. it is NOT straight across the leg from the yoke. i'd use the self edge measurements as a guide if i were you.

So I've been wearing my Skull 5507s on and off for about six months (rotated quite a bit with my Imperials and PBJs). I'd say they have about 2-3 months of good wear in them. I'm getting a good wallet fade and pretty defined fades on the legs, along with a few lap creases losing indigo and slight stacking fades too. But no honeycombs. Honestly, they're so faint it's almost ridiculous.

Any idea why they just aren't getting honeycombs?

If they are sharply creased, they should fade. Honeycombs usually take the longest to fade and need long periods between washes IMO. There are exceptions to this though. Have you got pics?

That's the thing--I bought the jeans off the marketplace awhile back. They were worn for two weeks, I believe. They were rather soft, though, but the creases on the lap came in really well pretty fast. The honeycombs aren't really creased at all compared to my Nudies or my Imperials.

I was inspired by this thread and got a pair of 5010xx 6x6 Raw. Sized up one from my APC size (28) to a 29. I also wear a 30 in levis. I thought I had researched the sizing pretty thoroughly.

Now that I have my skulls, I can't even button up ANY of the buttons! :confused:

They look awesome though... sad day for me.

i was in the same exact situacion!

skin tight... couldnt button anything... shinichi offered me the option of exchanging them but i decided to tough it out and stretch... they fit really well now, but i dont reccomend it... the calves got a little too tight in the end and now they faded too muc in that area for my liking...

ask for an exchange

edit: just saw ur response... that sucks

How long did it take you to stretch them out? I might tough it out too, haha.

i soaked them and wore them wet... it took a few hours to button them up all the way...

then about a week to stretch them out comfortably enough to wear publicly (estimate, this was a year ago)

i wouldnt do it again, its up to u tho

agreed, if you couldn't button them at all at first, that is simply too small for this particular jean. the 6x6 is tough texas denim that really doesn't stretch all that much, and stays stiff for a long time. in combination with the 100% cotton thread, you're asking for trouble with a stretch of that magnitude! in the 5010xx contest, we've already had at least one person rip the stitching in their fly doing this.

So I have about 4 months of wear on my Skull 5010xx. They're still pretty dark since I wash them every month, but on the plus side I haven't had any serious thread problems. Recently, one of the corners came lose on my pocket (wallet got snagged) and I thought it was a good opportunity to take some close up pics of the part of our jeans we rarely get to see.

skullpocket003a.jpg

Before the rip.

skullpocket002a.jpg

From the inside. Notice the hidden rivet and the tinytinytiny remnant of the red tab :(

Honeycombs4mnthsa.jpg

Honeycombs, no photoediting, just direct sunlight

I'll post non-closeups when things get interesting.