Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

So after my 5010 6x6 havent shrunk in leg length, I have decided to ge them hemmed up to a 34" leg (currently 37).

How much difference will it make to the way the hem wears, and the roping effect if I get them hemmed, rather than chainstitched?

-I dont want to pay to ship them from the UK to the USA to get them chainstitched.

I'm sure Gem_Art posted a while back with 6x6's and said he had them hemmed (not chainstitched) -If you're still around, how are your hems looking now?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

So after my 5010 6x6 havent shrunk in leg length, I have decided to ge them hemmed up to a 34" leg (currently 37).

How much difference will it make to the way the hem wears, and the roping effect if I get them hemmed, rather than chainstitched?

-I dont want to pay to ship them from the UK to the USA to get them chainstitched.

I'm sure Gem_Art posted a while back with 6x6's and said he had them hemmed (not chainstitched) -If you're still around, how are your hems looking now?

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

IMO normal hemming doesn't work, I have had it done on LVC and it just doesn't look right, not as good as chainstitching. I just ordered the 5010XX 6x6 Raw from Own magazine and expecting to just stack them. BTW I am also in the UK and no-one here does chainstitching. :mad:

Tigger -Thats where I got mine from. I was also planning to stack them, but they'd look much better with less leg length.

Also, the hem on skulls is quite thin compared with other jeans, which might make it less, or possibly not noticeable.

Cameland -Could you elaborate on those techniques please?

Thanks

Well if you hem them before they have shrunk completely, you can dunk the hems in boiling water to try to shrink it further to create the roping effect. If you rjeans have already been broken in then you can create folds in the hem and then sandpaper them.

I don't think its that big of a deal though, not all hems will actually form the roping effect so I usually don't worry about it. I only used to do this back when I still wore prewash jeans and was hemming an already faded jean.

Tigger -Thats where I got mine from. I was also planning to stack them, but they'd look much better with less leg length.

Also, the hem on skulls is quite thin compared with other jeans, which might make it less, or possibly not noticeable.

Cameland -Could you elaborate on those techniques please?

Thanks

How quickly did you get them, did you get charged for customs clearance? :confused:

did my first wash after 7 months on my skulls 6x6 ( actual wear of only 4 months ) starting to smell... was disappointed with the fade but what the hell here's pics..

shouls have worn these mutherfuckers a bit more jesus fuckin A !!!

skulls1stwash81307023.jpg

skulls1stwash81307021.jpg

skulls1stwash81307020.jpg

skulls1stwash81307018.jpg

skulls1stwash81307019.jpg

i cant believe how many people are missing out on some great jeans just because some people are having problems with their stitching... oh well

agreed. i have had zero issues with my skulls.

i just got the 5010xx in black from BIG last week. These things look and fit amazing.

If they fall apart, it will be totally worth the $50-$150 (guessing) it costs to have them fully re-sewn. I'm serious; it's hard to find good jeans. But I hope it doesn't come to that.

-r