Studio D'artisan (pics)

Geowu

Quote:

those jeanslook wicked on you love the leather patch, i am a little concerned by this

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6104/01inseamnew3yy.jpg

seems kind of cheap. why not flat felled?

--- Original message by haptronic on Dec 7, 2005 03:12 AM

The inside leg seam isn't felled because it's a 501 style repro.

The Piggy brand rocks. Nice jeans Geowu.

The white stitching is overlocking, which is there to prevent the raw edge of the denim fraying.

The two orangey coloured stitches are chainstitching. One chain stitch to hold the inside leg seams together, then another row of chainstitching on the edge of the seam for extra strength and to make the seams sit in the right direction (edge facing backwards).

Just as it should be for a repro.

Yes, felling is where the seam is tucked into itself.

Edited by ringring on Dec 7, 2005 at 05:48 AM

Quote:

those jeanslook wicked on you love the leather patch, i am a little concerned by this

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6104/01inseamnew3yy.jpg

seems kind of cheap. why not flat felled?

--- Original message by haptronic on Dec 7, 2005 03:12 AM

-

Flat-felled inseams (while a nice feature) are quite rare on selvage jeans, in my experience. I own quite a few and only one has it (and not the most expensive one at that).

I don't think they are indicative of the quality.

hey geowu, how do these fit compared to some regular preshrunk 501's? or RR or rescues if u prefer.

baldy, I don't really know because I never tried any of those jeans. I assume they fit much like a shrink-to-fit 501, but they are a relatively slim, low-waist model.

Those fit you real nice. Baggier than they fit me. Did you order your regular size? Also they seem long on you. What's your usual inseam?

digital_denim, I ordered them to be a little tight, but, since I didn't shrink them yet, they seem to be baggier. My usual inseam is 32", so I will have to hem them (yes, I know about the chainstitch).

how much G?

kixslf, they cost approx. $260 total through Celga, they did a nice service.

Looks great. I wonder though, did you buy your size? You do know that these aren't sanforized right? Do you plan on never washing?

horriblyjollyjinx, when I bought them I only knew the post-shrinkage size, which is right. Actually, right know the jeans are quite big on the waist, so shrinking should be fine.

I'm dying that you're outside in a tee shirt. lol

Here is summer. But it's hot like hell so I kind of wish it was winter.

Quote:

Looks great. I wonder though, did you buy your size? You do know that these aren't sanforized right? Do you plan on never washing?

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Dec 7, 2005 03:15 AM

Actually, I got some shrinking but not much when I soaked mine. I also wore mine when still wet. I normally wear a 31-32 and ordered a 31, and have been happy with my choice. Soleindahole posted the same experience I believe.

Irregardless, really nice jeans!

Quote:

Yes, relatively rare, a few that have it include APC, Sugarcane Hawaii's, 5EP, Howies OSD, Imperials.

--- Original message by ringring on Dec 7, 2005 10:39 AM

Hey, ringring, what model of APCs have flat felled inseams? I've never noticed any on the current models APC has out.

Quote:

ringring, which 501's are these a reproduction of? I really like the fit.

--- Original message by soultek on Dec 9, 2005 06:01 PM

I guess they are close to a 47 style cut. The 103s are basically the standard SD 101 (50's style 501 repro), with a slightly lower rise and slimmer legs.

Very nice.