Most overrated brands

MilSpex

^^ I can see why she would assume it was overrated, but I realized it's really about the roots of the brand. I still think its pretty fresh, especially their older Terry Richardson collab.

I don't think there are any brands on Sufu that are overrated (most people just neg, myself included), but when people wear head-to-toe brands, like geller or owenz, it just looks cheesy.

yeah i agree, head to toe dressing is ridiculous! but some brand synergy is fine in my opinion

I don't have any problem with diesel. they have some nice shirts. At their worst, like G-Star, it's all just generic shit covered covered in tough guy detailing like epaulettes and pointless zips.

It really pisses me off that 80spurple has devolved into shitty streetwear, there used to be a good mix and some nice tops, now all their new stock is streetwear shit.

I don't know why the f people buy Modern Amusement. $A60 to brand yourself with a crow t-shirt?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

G-star - maybe an Australia thing

Diesel - same again

LV

Almost Anything that Aussies go to SE Asia to buy.

Pretty much everything Japanese nowadays, unfortunately. Especially Visvim.

Reservedly agree on visvim - heard amazing things about them and then went to check them out and was super disappointed - especially RE the denim stuff. Haven't actually handled or worn any of their stuff though...

Canada Goose

Nudies

Naked and Famous

:( I got some naked and famous skinny guys the other day - picked them up for $40AUD which I thought was a pretty sweet deal. Average quality raw selvedge for thrashing :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reservedly agree on visvim - heard amazing things about them and then went to check them out and was super disappointed - especially RE the denim stuff. Haven't actually handled or worn any of of their stuff though...

Their denim is weak. The shoes are unbelievable. Titty soft leather, extra dope details. Nothing compares.

Edited by akuma no uta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Obey - Why do people continue purchasing crap from that goddamn thieving brand?

ALIS - You'll understand if you're from scandinavia. (Hipsterbrand of the hipsters. Which incidentally means that if you go to hipsters party, you'll see 80% of his friends wearing them. The brand doesn't even have a goddamn philosophy.)

Nudies - Overpriced denim which isn't always THAT good quality. Is on sale most of the time in scandinavia though, I sometimes pick up their denim on 50-70% off.

Diesel - Jeans are comfortable as fuck, but they look like shit. Somehow still regarded as a high-tier denim brand in scandinavia.

Acne - Come on? Have you ever been anywhere near their shirts? Flimsy ass quality at a insanely high price point. For example, I found a 2000 DKK ($400) dress shirt in a questionable cotton-poly blend, but then I went in to the store next door and found a Day Birger et Mikkelsen shirt for 600 DKK ($120?) in a silk-cotton blend. Goddamn no-brainer.