Chronicles of Never A/W 09 Ode to the O

marck

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went into SWT today to pre order the 2nd Skin jacket, but found that they had a Parrallax jacket left where Gareth had given them left over stock from a Hong Kong order or something... snatched it up for $950.

Robert said the owners were blown away by the new range when they went to the opening for it.

Went into SWT today to pre order the 2nd Skin jacket, but found that they had a Parrallax jacket left where Gareth had given them left over stock from a Hong Kong order or something... snatched it up for $950.

Robert said the owners were blown away by the new range when they went to the opening for it.

Hey Merv wow you copped. I guess a good leather jacket will always be in fashion. Whats your opinion, I was looking at the 2nd and 3rd skins but their too similar to the parrallax. I'm thinking maybe Latem?

Where was the opening BTW?

Hey Merv wow you copped. I guess a good leather jacket will always be in fashion. Whats your opinion, I was looking at the 2nd and 3rd skins but their too similar to the parrallax. I'm thinking maybe Latem?

Where was the opening BTW?

I have only laybuyed it so far. $950 is still a lot of money!

it is very comfortable. when i tried it on, it felt like it was too small and i was a little worried because it was the large. but the longer i had it on, the more comfortable it felt - it was slightly stiff, but robert said it is just like a leather shoe and molds to your body. by the time i was taking it off, it was fitting to my body like a glove.

I asked a couple of stores and they said the 2nd Skin is very similar to the parrallax, and i would say the 3rd skin is too, but it looks like it comes with a scarf or something.

is the latem blazer definitely leather?

i guess it depends on what you want TTT. I have never seen anything like either of them - they are both very unique in their own ways.

i dont know if you have seen the parrallax before, but it looks like it has melted. I think the leather has been stretched heaps or something, and then it has crinkled up... kind of like when a balloon pops.

----------------------------

i think the biggest problem with this collection is, every piece would go so well with any other piece, it is so hard to pick what you want, as the pieces are far too expensive to buy a lot of.

apparently the new leathers have a very different feel to last seasons parallax jacket.

in what way? - do you know?

i would imagine they are a significant improvement, as the parrallax would have worked as a test for the new range.

the $450 saving on the parrallax was too inviting for me to wait for the 2nd skin.

Merv, I actually havnt seen the parallax before, but from the pictures I've always wondered how the leather was made into the way you have so creatively described. I'm sure James would have some idea on this. I know Wasteland had one when the stocked first dropped but I never checked it out there, and I guess it sold.

I'm actually not in the running for any of the leather jackets to be honest, I've always speculated at the price point of the parallax and where the CON brand was headed towards. I guess this new collection answers this. But again, being a fairly large collection, it will be interesting to see which garments the stores actually pick up because alot of it is similar or retained from previous seasons. I might just grab the latem pants this season as its my favourite and perhaps the mono 4. None of the prints overly impress me either.

You're right. The collection is quite large now. Particularly when it is so expensive.

Is Wasteland your local store? I bought some Cubisms from there. I dealt with May. She was really cool. I was sad to hear she has gone since, as I emailed her the other week regarding the 2nd Skin, and it diverted to someone else who informed me she has gone.

Wasteland is good as they don't sell as hot as VG or SWT seem to.

Yes, well Im from Perth and so Wasteland is local. Have bought most of my CON stuff from father as I know the guy there well and he has looked after me. But yes May has left, heard about this a while back but I cant remember the reason. She is great, she actually introduced me to the brand back in '07 when I bought the original Monos with the terrible soles that disintegrated within a month. Are you from Perth too merv?