Chronicles of Never A/W 09 Ode to the O

marck

Are you male or female?

Just wondering if other guys are digging this as something they would wear or not.

I love it. I think it is an amazing piece, but I could not see myself wearing it.

i'm a guy but i'll could see myself rocking it. at least once-twice a month.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

checked out the new gear in SWT today.

it is amazing. the material used for the latem gear is so nice. i would have bought the pants if they weren't $310 (I already own intro to space which is kind of similar), then i tried on the blazer which is also great, but it was too narrow across the shoulders, so i got the vest.

there was a shirt, which had a really nice material, i cant remember what it was called... but i found it to be too long.

apparently a guy has bought a poncho already. robert said he was a 'rocker dude'.

shoes are due in next week.

Hey merv, what sort of fabric is used for the latem pieces? Has SWT got many of the pieces since it's a fairly big collection? I'm personally hanging to see the latem pants, and normalist boots in person.

Anyone know where CON footwear is made, the sales assistant and I at FAT Brunswick couldnt seem to work it out, as it didnt say anywhere on the shoe or packaging?

it is slightly similar to the material used on the introduction to space pants...might have a bit of steel in it. but it is a lot nicer.

from a distance, the latem pant which was on the mannequin in the window, it looked like a blue grey leather (like the mono shoes), and is crinkled like the parrallax/2nd skin leather. it is really nice though. the latem pieces are probably my favourite along with the 2nd skin.

the 2nd and 3rd skin are a lot softer than the parrallax i think... they dont seem to be as stiff. 3rd skin has more of a grain and comes with a scarf, $1500. 2nd skin comes in a brown colour. it is nice, but doesnt really fit with the rest of the collection.

SWT seem to have nearly everything. they ran out of one of the tees yesterday though. it all got released yesterday. robert said no one was told it was coming out, but people were waiting at the doorstep on saturday morning.

wow, sounds like people have been really hanging for this collection if one of the tees has already sold out! Will be interesting to see how well this collection does, and the direction of CON in the next few seasons.

For those in Perth, Btbam has opened his shop, NeverEnd Gallery, with all of the CON stuff (SS09) on sale as well as other brands.

wish that SWT stocked XS :(. also fuck you to the guy who bought the white rotten apple viscose tee in XS from restricted premises on the day new CON stuff dropped.

D, hit bt for some xs tees, I visited his store the other night for the launch. I can pick some up for you when his CON arrives (if it hasnt already).

I checked with bt regarding the viscose basics last month. CON only had stock of the black tees and tank in XS, not sure if he placed the order for them though as I haven't heard back from him since. need to find somewhere that has already ordered/received white viscose tees and tanks as there isn't any excess stock of them this season.

chain mail l/s isnt looking that sheer, i like the look of the fabroc, but not the colour and fit.

a lot of the stuff i thought would look really great (the more complex pieces), didnt.

the best pieces seem to be the age old tees and some of the long shirts.

and sooo many jeans, the must've really blown their budget

good to see some fit pics on VG. i agree that a lot of them look different worn. age old tees do look nice.

i wonder what my best option for getting latem stuff in the U.S. i guess just either TGS or proxy, since pitbull isn't carrying it, and i dunno if revolve will. hmmm. i want those pants.

i can check fallow today, they usually stock the riskier/pricier pieces, rather than dirtbox and VG.

i'm sure theyd do phone orders if you wanted to go that way.

thanks, that'd be a great help.

tried on a fair few peices... no cop.

viscose basics were too short in the body.

longsleeves (wercism and the regular l/s) fit nicely and were made of very nice fabric, but were definitely not worth 200+

i found most of the outerwear quite baggy, especially in the arms.

the peices i did like were the denim, though i didnt try them on, the washes and colours are really fucking nice (another shade of grey in particular).

Also the 'age old tee' (not 'another age old tee') was pretty nice, very very very soft fabric, fit very nicely through the body and had enough length. though again, definitely not worth 200+ or however much they wanted for it.