dior homme spring summer 2005

chad

from vogue.co.uk, "SKINNY rock stars and a touch of grunge, took over Hedi Slimane's menswear catwalk in Paris yesterday afternoon. Seriously skinny legs were wrapped up in drainpipe jeans under faded grey and black T-shirts and fitted blazers. Models with hair hanging over their eyes wore a dark collection of vintage check shirts and shrunken leather jackets that occasionally allowed for a bit of colour in the shape of a raspberry muslin shirt or a pair of tight red jeans. Whatever the weather, Slimane wants his boys dark and hungry-looking next summer."

a few months old, but just posting this as part of my xmas list.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/photos/Default.aspx?ShowID=1423

dio010.jpg

ahh, yes, Slimane is certainly cutting those rock star threads into a very presentable (almost too?) collection.

as for prices, i'm thinkin' this gear is for royalty who want the rock star appeal but want to be sure no rock star could ever afford....the stricktly for the billionaire set........ah such a fine example of fashion irony...still..guess someone's gotta do it!

I liked the leather jackets too till I found out they were 3200.oo US...Hedi is sick though and the collection isn't just about future styling,---the whole collection is dope. Check out www.hintmag.com for the interview Lee Carter did with him.

contact tyrone spencer e-mail [email protected]

i·con(imageconcepts)©

from supercult to superbrand: style forager trippin like voyager

image branding | fashion styling | personal wardrobing

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get it. It looks like he saw a group of hipster kids walking down the street in NY and was like "Oh shit, thats my new look for spring!" I mean it looks cool and all, and I love Dior, but really.... for the prices... I could get one of those outfits for damn near $40 at the right thrift store with a little time to dig. And the look is no where near "new" or "fresh" in any sense of the word. Especially the blazers. I think its time for those to go....

I ain't terrified from nothing, I'm young wild crazy and disgusting.

i'm judging by their new a/w collection, and i can't say the image above is in particular representative, more than the colour palette. it's not williamsburg-ish - and i would have never worn dior a year ago (and i still have some reluctance to it). there's still an element of flair (i have no better word for it) that i'm happier without. and also being an oriental living in europe, i live with this constant fear of looking like a japanese tourist flocking beak street/prince st/rue du bac...

Hey Kiteless*, I have an understanding of what you mean by looking like a "Japenese Tourist" although of Asian decent yourself---there is nothing less evolved and less relevent than being a brand whore--

...which goes to show there's always an opportunity to rock some of your own personal style using pieces from that collection that are relevent to your own personal style vocabulary--

like a non-descript black dior billfold/wallet for example ;)

contact tyrone spencer e-mail [email protected]

i·con(imageconcepts)©

from supercult to superbrand: style forager trippin like voyager

image branding | fashion styling | personal wardrobing

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:

I don't get it. It looks like he saw a group of hipster kids walking down the street in NY and was like "Oh shit, thats my new look for spring!" I mean it looks cool and all, and I love Dior, but really.... for the prices... I could get one of those outfits for damn near $40 at the right thrift store with a little time to dig. And the look is no where near "new" or "fresh" in any sense of the word. Especially the blazers. I think its time for those to go....

--- Original message by RedFoxxworth on Oct 10, 2004 04:00 PM

since when did high fashion labels need to be priced reasonably?

I hate everything and everyone.

Quote:

i'm judging by their new a/w collection, and i can't say the image above is in particular representative, more than the colour palette. it's not williamsburg-ish - and i would have never worn dior a year ago (and i still have some reluctance to it). there's still an element of flair (i have no better word for it) that i'm happier without. and also being an oriental living in europe, i live with this constant fear of looking like a japanese tourist flocking beak street/prince st/rue du bac...

--- Original message by kiteless on Oct 12, 2004 09:38 AM

Japanese are orientals too...so pretend you're a Japanese! j/k......

I hate everything and everyone.

• 3 weeks later...