unklesteve on wifeswap

unklesteve

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. i can't believe they said such things like "you're 30 years old and you're stupid" "if you guys weren't born we could have had friends, sports cars, and a lot of sex". i just can't believe what would make people say such things. there's something really dysfunctional about that mom.

on the other hand i think it's pretty great what happened with zane and you. that was quite an awesome moment although i feel like it must've been kind of awkward in front of the camera.

My girlfriend and I just watched the episode through your links. we've seen this show before and I have to say this has been my favorite episode. Your family has certainly been the most organic and truly loving family I've seen on the show. The family they partnered you with were completely ridiculous and it's just unfortunate they couldn't have taken more from the experience.

Were the few scenes with Maverick dubbed or does he really say "huh?" all the time?

My girlfriend cried when Zane called you Dad.

Were the few scenes with Maverick dubbed or does he really say "huh?" all the time?

At the time, he was only two and not saying much. His repertoire during the filming:

Huh?

I'm gonna punch your *insert word here* (He would punch your face, couch, kitchen, walrus...pretty much whatever word he'd heard most recently.)

I hate you fucker!

Hey. Hey. Wanna watch a movie or something?

Uh oh!

Oh shit.

He says a helluva lot more now. He also got really weirded out by the cameras, so we tried to keep him out of their way as much as possible. Frequent trips to Marlee's moms house, and just letting he and Zane go off and play by themselves. Mostly he kept trying to go hang out in the basement with the rest of the crew, or as he put it "my friends down there".

Don't watch much Wife Swap but I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Great stuff Steve.

I commend you for having the patience to spend two weeks with that women without losing it too much. I did feel a little sorry for neighbors father, He seemed like an alright guy that unfortunately married a complete psycho.

Major +rep for dealing with Jessica.. I was shocked by the end of the show that she didn't learn ANYTHING from the experience. At least the husband understood the weight of the pressure he puts on his kids.. but then at the end Jessica is critiquing her daughter's form when she's doing pushups in a weight vest?!?! insane.

woah steve, you hav a pet shar pei?

BADASS.

I HAVE A SHARPEI

THEY ARE GOOD DOGS.

*Had* a Sharpei.

We just had to get rid of her....she was awesome with the kids, but kept picking fights with our Great Dane. And the Dane came first!!

She's living with Marlee's sister now, who has a grip of kids but no other dogs...so it's perfect. And we still get to see her. :)